It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can a member help me with this language?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
All help would be very helpful.
I have not seen this language and/or dialect before?
www3.rankorder.com...

Thanks,
Sanc'.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I was unable to identify it.

When searching for most of the words on that site on Google, it was the only site that would come up in the results.

I tried some translation tools that were on this site:
odur.let.rug.nl...

It came up empty.

I also tried www.foreignword.com... with no success.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It looks like some form of pidgeon English to help some other language speakers adapt to our pronounciation...either that or it's a poor attempt at a translation...or maybe it is its own language, but I've never seen anything like it...

[edit on 10/8/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I have seen this twice before on the net. I've never been able to translate it either. Anyone know of a code cracker site???

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
the language is "Farsi" Iranian and I have a site with dictionaries to translate it took me one hour to find this information for you so I hope you are going to translate the entire site.

www.stars21.com...

[edit on 8-10-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I just found this,
www2.usenetarchive.org...
usenet2.best-buy-online.com...
www.rankorder.com...
Very interesting. Here's what is stated at bottom of page,

This is my attempt to archive usenet messages. Instead of writing my search engine for searching through Usenet messages, I decided to put all the messages in the files, and let Google do all the searching work. I don't know how many messages I will be able to archive, but I will do my best

Sanc'.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Every time you refresh the rankorder page, new jibberish(?) comes up. It's the same address as before, try atz/6000.html that's the last alpha/numerically ordered page I could find there. None of the pages /aaa/ to /atz/ go past /6000.html
?

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
My apologies in advance about Jibberish, thanks Marge for pointing out it is Iranian.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Inta mata mus yahoodi zub!

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
thanks, the reason I decided to look into African dictionaries is that in the site provided by sactum I saw a word that my husband uses as greating in Arabic (he learned some wihile in the gulf war) and that is how I went into the dictionaries and found the meaning, now I tried a few first until "Bingo" it will give you the english translation but you have to go word by word I will keep the link on my hard drive in case I need to use it in the future.

[edit on 8-10-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Ok so its Iranian and English?? Pardon my ignorance.... I'm not a techie. So why does the info on the page change when you refresh?

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
My links were the top 3 results on google when
searching, Kiyas afb. As in Air Force Base.

Sanc'.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Nice
Has anyone cracked the whole thing yet!!???

new topics

top topics

join