It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Mitt Romney's Tax Returns Have Nothing 'Disqualifying,' John McCain Says

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Huffington Post
July 17, 2012

Mitt Romney's Tax Returns Have Nothing 'Disqualifying,' John McCain Says
 

Senator John McCain says there's nothing "disqualifying" about Romney's tax returns.
McCain's campaign staff was given 23 years of Romney's tax returns in 2008.

Well that's good enough for many people I'm certain !!


Sen. John McCain said on Tuesday he can "personally vouch" there was nothing disqualifying in the 23 years' worth of tax returns that Mitt Romney submitted to his team in 2008, when he was vetted for a vice presidential spot.

"Everything was fine," McCain told reporters on Capitol Hill. "I can personally vouch for the fact that there was nothing in his tax returns that would in any way be disqualifying for him to be a candidate."

When pressed about whether Romney might be shielding his returns because he paid no taxes, McCain refused to discuss such specifics.


Hmmmm........

Some say "So What?, What Difference does it Make?, Who Cares?"




posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
so release them...

Nothing wrong with them, why do we have to take Mcains word?



posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The real question is, " Why did he pick Palin over Mittens ?"



posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Unless McCain did Mitts tax returns then how does he know what's in them? Has he seen the tax returns and if he has then why can't everyone see them?



posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen
 


Who ever said it had anything disqualifying in them???

Sheltering your income and using off shores corporations to get to a 0% tax isn't technically illegal if done the proper way....but the American people aren't going to like it very much.

I don't think anyone is expecting anything illegal to be shown in his returns...just an obscenely low tax rate for an obscenely high income...and of course exposing his lie that he left Bain in 1999.

So...it was a nice attempt at a smoke screen by McCain...and I guess it worked for you since you said that is "Good enough".



posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The economy is collapsing, we are printing money like its TP, and people are more fired up about how much mitt romney made in a given year.

Does mitts amount of money affect you in anyway? why does it matter?

Now lets get to the real problems here. or am i the only one?



posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss
 


His tax returns will show alot about his financial philosophy.

It's a valid concern...which is why his own Father started the tradition of releasing tax returns.



posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by xuenchen
 


Who ever said it had anything disqualifying in them???

Sheltering your income and using off shores corporations to get to a 0% tax isn't technically illegal if done the proper way....but the American people aren't going to like it very much.

I don't think anyone is expecting anything illegal to be shown in his returns...just an obscenely low tax rate for an obscenely high income...and of course exposing his lie that he left Bain in 1999.

So...it was a nice attempt at a smoke screen by McCain...and I guess it worked for you since you said that is "Good enough".




"I" never said it was good enough for me.

Re-read the OP

Picky Picky !

Quote me;

Well that's good enough for many people I'm certain !!



posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by camaro68ss
 


His tax returns will show alot about his financial philosophy.

It's a valid concern...which is why his own Father started the tradition of releasing tax returns.


Really, Does it really matter at this point? half the white house cabinet members cheated millions in taxes yet that’s not a concern of yours?

You got Erik Holder in the cross hairs of a gun smugling ring to MEXICAN DRUG GANGS!

Billions lost in "Green investments" going belly up bought and paid for by the US government.

Huge Banking scams with LIBOR rate, no ones going to go to jail for.

Ponzie Schemes collapsing left and right (MF global and other) but no one going to jail because they know the right people.

Citys going belly up around the nation at a faster and faster rate and all you care about our Mitts taxes.

i guess you just watch CNN and hop on the ban wagon to whatever beat there broadcasting for that day.



posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen
 


Sure...I bet you are still wanting Romney to release his tax returns...right?

Oh right...you never thought it was necessary in the first place



posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss
 


And if you are so concerned about all of that...wouldn't that make this even MORE of a big deal???

Or are you just willing to let ignorance rule you and since you think others are doing it (and you disaprove) then why shouldn't ol' Mitt do it to....huh???

Seems a bit hypocritical.



posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Mitt Romney will be the death of this nation, mark my words, if he wins election. I honestly don't see it happening, however. His lies and bull$#!t are catching up to him, fast. It won't be long now before nobody but the apparently and obviously corrupt support him.



posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Davian
 


Yep he is a corrupt politician not like the other guy...or the one before that...or the one before that.

Even if Mitt is elected this country has already gone off the cliff doesn't matter who climbs into the driver's seat does it? Unless that is we are playing every politicians favorite game, blame everyone else for all problems except themselves.

It was Bush's fault!!!! I bet even Mitt can use that one certainly hasn't gotten old yet!
edit on 18-7-2012 by bphi1908 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by xuenchen
 


Sure...I bet you are still wanting Romney to release his tax returns...right?

Oh right...you never thought it was necessary in the first place




Quote me please !!!

Actually I think he should and probably will soon enough.



posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Davian
Mitt Romney will be the death of this nation, mark my words, if he wins election. I honestly don't see it happening, however. His lies and bull$#!t are catching up to him, fast. It won't be long now before nobody but the apparently and obviously corrupt support him.


A lot of people had the same warnings about Obama in 2008.

Now look what happened !!

How do You think Obama is going to solve the problems he caused ?



posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen



"I can personally vouch for the fact that there was nothing in his tax returns that would in any way be disqualifying for him to be a candidate."



Said the man who made the brilliant choice of Sara Palin for VP

over Mitt Romney, I might add...

The news gives me chuckles lately..

So we can count John McCain amongst the growing chorus of conservatives that want Mittens to release his returns.
edit on 19-7-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen


How do You think Obama is going to solve the problems he caused ?



I think that question contains an assumption that the vast majority of Americans and economists would disagree with....or are we back to pretending that the economic crisis began the day Obama took office?
edit on 19-7-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-7-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
so release them...

Nothing wrong with them, why do we have to take Mcains word?


Are you doing anything illegal in your home? So let the cops install a camera. If there is nothing wrong what's the problem.

Don't complain about personal rights being invaded when you are here and now advocating for exactly that.



posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by Davian
Mitt Romney will be the death of this nation, mark my words, if he wins election. I honestly don't see it happening, however. His lies and bull$#!t are catching up to him, fast. It won't be long now before nobody but the apparently and obviously corrupt support him.


A lot of people had the same warnings about Obama in 2008.

Now look what happened !!

How do You think Obama is going to solve the problems he caused ?



Four words:

Ron

Paul

Twenty

Twelve




new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join