It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 97-year-old Nazi: Most wanted war criminal accused of sending 15,700 Jews to their deaths at Aus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Linky

The world's number one Nazi war crimes suspect has been arrested in Budapest.

Laszlo Csatary, 97, was taken into custody in the Hungarian capital earlier today.

He is accused of helping to organise the deportation of 15,700 Jews to the Auschwitz death camp during the Second World War.

I don't know what to say here.
Are they really going to put a 97 year old man on trial for something he did over 50 years ago?
He's close to the end? I understand the want for justice. But is it too much?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
so how will they do the execution?

should they just sneak up behind him and go "Boo"

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
If I were a cynical conspiracy theorist I'd think it's a hell of a coincidence we're being reminded about the Nazis on the same day Israelis get blown up in Bulgaria.

If I were a cynical conspiracy theorist.
edit on 18-7-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

"war is war" and at 97 hes being arrested now.leave the poor bastard alone,and 6 million jews did not die its all bullsh8t for compensation after the war,my father fought in ww2 and the 6million figure is all sh8t.so i bet the15700 figure is aslo bs

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by eyeinoz

Of course its bs. I wonder will the Muslims get the same retribution as the Jews did,i mean,its well past 6 million just in the last 15 years that have been killed for no reason.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nickneal7
so how will they do the execution?

should they just sneak up behind him and go "Boo"

Nah, they'll sneak up on him and shout 'ACHTUNG!'

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I agree with arresting him. A crime is a crime. Especially a war crime. I say it's a good point to make in terms of seeking justice and enforcing international law.

I don't feel bad for him because he's now 97. The guy still sent 15,000 innocent people to an execution chamber or firing line. To hell with him.

Too bad they got him once he was so old, and he won't really have to pay now for all the evil he's done.

Also it sends a message to other war criminals. We're still looking for you, and if we find you, you're ass is grass.

Don't know why people are defending a war criminal. It has nothing to do with Jews and Nazi's. He's a war criminal. He's done acts that are universally considered crimes against humanity, not just some group of people. Crimes against humanity. As a human I say good on us that we got him.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

He is accused of helping to organise the deportation of 15,700 Jews to the Auschwitz death camp during the Second World War.

We don't know exactly what his role was, or how much evil he has done.

Anyway, we can rest easy knowing our streets are safer with a 97-year-old behind bars.
edit on 18-7-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
How are those people holding signs saying "we never forget" they wernt alive to remember. I guess the jews murdered jesus because he wanted people to forgive and love their enemies.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
But its ok to kill palestinians. Palestine doesnt exist, right? And how many ethnic groups have jews wiped out? And whats up with the talmud telling them gentiles are useless scum?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

how many civilian deaths are occurring right now by US troops?

not counting the deaths that were orders?

so you support tracking down a someone in the us military by the descendants of people in Fallujah in 50 years who killed people under orders acting on behalf of the USA, like yourself..

and killing them?

after all..

He's a war criminal.

but you wont stand up & speak out to stop whats happening now?

in your name?

but you want to kill a 97yr old man.. a war crimes suspect..

who has not even had a trial..

your sense of justice is warped..

edit on 18-7-2012 by reeferman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
He wasn't even at Auschwitz so how can he be held accountable for what happened to them? He was a police commander in charge of a Jewish ghetto in Kassa, Hungary his responsibility ended when they were shipped off. The last Nazi they arrested was acquitted so I really don't see this man being successfully charged with anything.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Setting up the mass abduction of people so that they can be shipped to a literal execution house is a lot different from shooting civilians on accident that were stupid enough to waltz into a firefight or stick around while nut jobs with guns took over their neighborhood as a staging ground to do some short sighted attack that will ultimately fail against a war machine like the US. If they want to fight then maybe they should do it away from the people they are pretending to care about and defend.

I don't blame a US Marine one bit if he accidentally kills a civilian while he's shooting his way out of an ambush.

I do blame anybody who takes on the job of hunting down a certain group of humans (regardless of faith of orientation), abducting them from their homes, and then purposely shipping them to a literal slaughter house to be executed in mass. Thats a little different.

Oh and BTW I would feel the same if some international court finally found one of the US Generals or whatever that were in charge of purposely handing out to native americans blankets and items they knew were infected with diseases that were extremely lethal to said native americans with the express purpose of genocide. THats a crime too. If someone were to find one of these officers and the guy was still alive and probably 200 years old ten yes try his ass.

Also that video about the apache firing on the journalists. It doesn't move me one bit. Got a few things to say about that.

First you have what appears to be from the perspective of the apache 6 armed insurgents gathering in the middle of the road. Armed insurgents gather in the middle of the road to plant IED to kill US soldiers and anybody standing nearby when the thing blows up. 6 guys with AK-47 and at least one RPG. and two journalists. You'd think the journalists would know better than to be where they were.

HTe second van that pulls up has children in it. From the video you would have to look real hard after the fact (not in real time while it's all happening) to notice that the guy in the front seat is two kids. Maybe the van was some family in the neighborhood and decided to rush into a fire fight to help the shot up people. It's nobel of them but unforgivably stupid. Sorry. who the hell runs into a fire fight with their kids in tow to be some heros. Don't they see the mini explosions from the gunfire? Don't they hear the noise? they must have to have responded. Even if they were hearing the noise via the cell phone the one guy had. You'd think they'd first drop off the kids and mom on some corner before rushing to act like heros. Who endangers their children like that.

These people can't be that ignorant.

Don't feel bad about shooting the survivors. Thats how war works. you don't let the enemy go to the hospital rest up and get re-released to go hunt you again. You shoot them dead. Too much movies and hollywood bullcrap about the fair side of war. If you are armed with a knife and I've got an apache. I'm going to shoot you dead. Your my mortal enemy. If you are running away after taking pot shots at me I will shoot you in your back. I'm not trying to be fair, I'm trying to be objective. You eliminate your enemy.

Finally, ever heard of the term Fog Of War. that video is a good example of it.
edit on 18-7-2012 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I don't know what to say here. Are they really going to put a 97 year old man on trial for something he did over 50 years ago? He's close to the end? I understand the want for justice. But is it too much?

The only reason he's 97 years old is because he's been hiding for X of those years. The statute of limitations doesn't exempt murder. en.wikipedia.org...

I don't know what he did, or his background, but if he killed any number of jews or otherwise 50 years ago and he's still alive, it's time to punish him for his crime. Judges often give sentences longer than the natural human lifespan. I'm guessing that's what you have issue with, that a person can still be considered in debt to society after death.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Let him be. I know it may sound crazy to people but hear me out.

The only person you can blame for any death is Adolf Hitler. He was the commander. He gave the orders. Anyone else was just following their orders. If they didn't they would have been labeled a "sympathizer" and probably executed. Their families were probably threatened with being executed if they didn't follow orders.

Would you do any different? Would you kill to save your family and loved ones? Unless you have been put in that situation, I don't think anyone can give an answer.

These days you can be jailed or fined for disobeying a direct order from your commanding officer. Do you think in 50 years any person controlling a US drone will end up in court over collateral damage in drone strikes that have happened in recent times? Probably not.

Its a double standard. Everyone knows it. You can't justify it now, and condemn it for happening in the past.

Sure they are varying degrees of punishment, but in the end its all the same.

edit on 19-7-2012 by cconn487 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
MAGYARORSZAG A MAGYAROKE!

They keep pursuing this issue they will be sorry!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Would you people be saying this about George W. Bush if he were arrested 30 years from now for war crimes committed against the American people and the genocide of thousands of Afghani and Iraqi civilians, women, and children?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by cconn487

He may well have been executed for not following orders, but choosing your own life over 15,000+ others?

Some of those 15,700 may have still been alive today had it not been for him "following his orders".

If guilty, he should be punished, he never gave those 15,700 people a chance, why should society give him a chance just because he is 97?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I find it ironic how it's acceptable for the US to commit war crimes and horrible atrocities against the peoples of the mid east, and it's own citizens, and will likely never see any sort of trial or retribution, but a nearly 100 year old German is getting chased down and put on trial for things he did so long ago in a war.

Is war, war? Or is it not war? Tell me a single instance of an army NOT killing civilians while involved in warfare? Having "rules" for war in the first place seems incredibly ridiculous. War should be something only considered when the very life and liberty of your people is at stake, and when your life and liberty is being threatened, NOTHING is off limits. There is not a single limit I would adhere to defending myself or my loved ones. You try and take me down, expect anything possible that I can do to you, for me to actually do. Why is the same not OK for countries?

It reminds me of how the British got their knickers all in a twist when the American's were using Snipers in the revolutionary war. They thought it was somehow unsporting for a soldier to hide while shooting at the enemy. Really? It's a damn war, have people really forgot what that word actually means? I think they have. As the cliche' phrase goes "war is hell" and nothing is closer to the truth.

I can't wait for the day when those Mossad agents that hunted down Nazis in the past get put on trial for their disgusting attack of the poor Palestinians.

It's nothing more than people taking sides. When OUR side does it, it's OK and justified. When the enemy does it, they are evil and deserve to be put on trial for it.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
He didn't kill anyone, he just sent them on their way, as ordered to do so.
What next? Will they start searching out the train drivers, the signalmen for providing the transport infrastructure that the railcars ran on?

Hell, they are still extracting reparations for the jews to this day. Yet, I don't remember anyone else, on either the axis or allied sides, who also lost loved ones, their homes and everything they had, being compensated for their losses. Why just the jews?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join