It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians: What Will You Do?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Excuse me... way over here...yes, ...me.

Did you miss my post?

That's right... go back and look.

Not all Christians have done waht you say... abandon the world to a myth.

We believe what we believe, but are taking an active role in the world...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone

Excuse me... way over here...yes, ...me.

Did you miss my post?

That's right... go back and look.

Not all Christians have done waht you say... abandon the world to a myth.

We believe what we believe, but are taking an active role in the world...

OP has pointedly ignored all posts which assert that Christians ARE taking actions that better the world. It appears that his disdain for all things Christian clouds his vision and he doesn't like the veil being lifted.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

So you're saying there's a group that is corrupting the group trying to corrupt us while another group tries to corrupt the entire system of corruption corrupting the world?

Dude, so much corruption...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

There is a luciferian end game "new world order" that the Bible speaks of happening in the last days and the world will be in total chaos. We as Christians cannot stop the evil we can only delay it. Since its actually fallen angels controlling the governments and powers that be only God himself can stop the new world order. The good news is satan and his minions are defeated foes, in the end Jesus Christ will return to destroy evil and satan will no longer rule the earth. All we can do is stay steadfast and lead people to faith and the hope we have in Christ. If it means we are to die as martyrs then God's will shall be done.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

You sound like you just jumped out of ancient Babylon. We're in 2012, bro. Get with the times. It's science, not stigma.

Oh, that's right. You're terrified to face life without a security blanket. Too bad it's a lie.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Even more reason to get right with God... It's clear we are in the last days and many people are heading to hell. If you die in your sins there is no second chance. God will give you justice you deserve.

If you were forced to jump out of an airplane at 10,000 feet and were given two choices, a parachute or a million dollars in cash, which would you choose?

Unless you want to die, you will choose the parachute and keep the law of gravity from killing you. Only the parachute will save you. Nothing else will have any value to you except the parachute. Incredibly, when it comes to salvation from hell (Judgment Day), many people choose the million dollars instead of the parachute.

In other words, many people choose to remain on their own sinful path of destruction, instead of choosing to place their faith in Jesus Christ alone to rescue them from hell. Jesus said “broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat” (Matthew 7:13).

You die only once. But if you are not wearing the parachute (God’s gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ), you will experience a second spiritual death (separation from God forever in hell). Revelation 20:15 says, “And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.”

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Bone75

reply to post by Bone75

Jesus.. God in human flesh. See Revelation and the OT prophets including Psalms for His redemption of the planet.

God never said to any prophet that he was going to take the form of a man and come here to save us. He said that he is going to SEND someone else to do that.

I completely disagree, Zechariah 12:10 comes to mind specifically.

“And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn."

I apologize because I know how frustrating it can be to have someone completely ignore a valid point when they can't come up with a good counter argument. Is this verse in the Hebrew Bible as well? I only ask because when I read the entire book of Zechariah, this particular verse seems out of place.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Bone75

Jesus.. God in human flesh. See Revelation and the OT prophets including Psalms for His redemption of the planet.

God never said to any prophet that he was going to take the form of a man and come here to save us. He said that he is going to SEND someone else to do that.

I completely disagree, Zechariah 12:10 comes to mind specifically.

“And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn."

I apologize because I know how frustrating it can be to have someone completely ignore a valid point when they can't come up with a good counter argument. Is this verse in the Hebrew Bible as well? I only ask because when I read the entire book of Zechariah, this particular verse seems out of place.

Yep, it's in there, though they read it differently, of course. (Source: Jews for Jesus -- there are others, of course, that dismiss its relevance, but "Jews for Jesus" always kind of cracked me up, so I give 'em as much press as I can
)
edit on 19-7-2012 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Let's put it straight. God vs Satan, criminal record for record. Judging by each one, I'm safer with Satan. Just sayin'.

Yeah, God can go to hell. He made it, after all.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Hey... Mr AfterInfinity man....WHOO HOO///

Hey... in response to YOUR question..."What Will You Do?

Does it count if we fix a cookout dinner of hot dogs and chips and put a sign by the road inviting anybody that is hungy to come and eat?

Hey... Does it count if a church fixes every Wednesday a filling dinner for free and invites anybody that passes by in for a meal?

Hey...overhere Mr AfterInfinity man?

Does it count if a church has a food closet and takes up donations of baby items and gives them to poor families?

Because I know more than a few churches that do that in our rural community.

Hey... Does it count when a Sunday School class writes Congress in support of more HIV funding here and abroad?

Since you don't believe in God... you probably don't believe in Santa..but a lot of little 5 year old kids do... Does it count when a church group goes out singing Christmas carols... and drops off donated toys to needy families with a man dressed as Santa... and also drops off boxes of staples and needed foods for the family... and boxes of fruit baskets for the shut in elderly in the community... Does that count?

Does it count in trying to help and save the world when we support Christian Missionaries that are also doctors... and they go to a foreign Muslim country... and set up clinics to help little Muslim children... and their convoy of cars is attacked while in between hospitals... and they are shot and killed and their bodies burned...Does that count in trying to save the world Mr AfterInfinity man?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join