It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians: What Will You Do?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I ask again, what is there worth saving?

We made this mess, we can fix it. If we ruined the world without God's help, or without Jesus, then we can bring it back with or without their help.

If there is one positive thing about the human race, it's that when we want something done, we get it DONE.
edit on 19-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Bone75

Jesus.. God in human flesh. See Revelation and the OT prophets including Psalms for His redemption of the planet.

God never said to any prophet that he was going to take the form of a man and come here to save us. He said that he is going to SEND someone else to do that.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75

Because money isn't evil. It's an inanimate object. With the same 20 you can buy a rock of crack or a dozen roses. .

Crack rocks wouldn't exist if no one could profit from them.

The LUST/LOVE of money is the root of all evil

That's what the Bible says, but don't you think the NEED for money inspires evil more than the LUST/LOVE of it?

Money is an inanimate object, it cannot be "evil", nor good for that matter. It's man's lust for it that is evil, materialism/Mammon worship.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75

reply to post by Bone75

Jesus.. God in human flesh. See Revelation and the OT prophets including Psalms for His redemption of the planet.

God never said to any prophet that he was going to take the form of a man and come here to save us. He said that he is going to SEND someone else to do that.

I completely disagree, Zechariah 12:10 comes to mind specifically.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

It can't hurt to get some of the job done before he arrives.

We could, at the very least, TRY.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

It can't hurt to get some of the job done before he arrives.

We could, at the very least, TRY.

The Enlightenment period decided we didnt need God or His rules, that we humans could do it ourselves. See what humanism has birthed?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Because your "God" is doing so much of a better job, with both thumbs wedged firmly between his cheeks?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

All I want to do here is ask one question. Obviously, the world is in deep crap. Things are going wrong everywhere, and countries are gearing up for whatever. The only people who can save the world, is us. We have to change the world for the better. Together, not apart. And there's one sect in particular, one group, that I post this question to.

Christians, Judaics, all followers of Abrahamic faiths: What are you going to do to save this world and the people in it? What will you do to stop the coming chaos? How will you help to save our planet?

That's all.

Recieve more of Christ and increase his love in the world.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Recieve more of Christ and increase his love in the world.

Jesus was not the only person to ever feel love, you know. And he never took the fight sitting down, like you cowards.

He wasn't love, but he SHOWED love. Follow his example. Don't worship him, just follow his example. You people put more emphasis on his name than you do on his philosophy. That's just pitiful.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

The spirit of God is love, but you're right that we have to follow his example and move it. My point is that to recieve it is to recieve it in full, which is to overflow with it, and that's the kind of increase that's needed as the x factor that's otherwise missing. True Christians therefore of all people, instead of arguing a doctrine, yes, need to demonstrate the love of Jesus Christ, which isn't a feeling, but an action or "the will to give of one's self for the sake of another's spiritual growth and well being" (M. Scott Peck from "The Road Less Travelled").

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

The OT is about Christ too.
You have an old book, and then you have a new book, where the new book uses imagery from the older book in a literary way to evoke ideas in the mind of the reader without being an interpretation of the source material.

Every event, detail, and prophecy.
Every bit about Jesus? And according to what interpretive theory is this true?

The entire book is about Christ.
Jesus was free to draw upon any source material at his disposal to use the imagery evoked by it to make his own points to illustrate his teachings. That does not mean his use of that material indicates how to interpret the books he drew those illustrations from.

Your hate is seething through again JM.
You are probably only projecting.

And now my "cult leader" is John Hagee? I thought it was some Darby dude, no wait, u said it was Missler, err wait it was Driscoll, check that is was Thompson.. silly me, it was Perry Stone. Which one is it?
Aren't they all members of some sort of pre-tribulation rapture cult?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

True Christians therefore of all people, instead of arguing a doctrine, yes, need to demonstrate the love of Jesus Christ, which isn't a feeling, but an action or "the will to give of one's self for the sake of another's spiritual growth and well being" (M. Scott Peck from "The Road Less Travelled").

BRAVO!!!
APPLAUSE!!

Nice. I've been meaning to bring up Peck again for some time. Wonderful book. Something every person should read. The man was a jewel.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

Then you all know now why I don't like Christianity. They have abandoned the fate of our world to an ancient myth that hasn't even been proven to be genuine.

They refuse to fight for our future, other than by converting people to their doctrine of head-in-sand, and that disgusts me.

I'm still waiting to hear what you think we're supposed to do about it, and why you think no Christians are working towards those goals.

Do you believe that there are no Christian diplomats working to broker peace in the world? Do you believe that the "Occupy Wall Street" crowd are nothing but filthy hippies, disenchanted youth and anarchists? Or that all scientists working on solutions to climate change, pollution or food production are altruistic atheists?

Kindly explain to me how these guys: United Methodist Committee on Relief aren't Christians?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

That's the book that set me on the spiritual journey. After reading and "grokking" it most fully, especially the last chapter on grace, I had a rather cathartic reaction you might say. Even Peck admits that the very process of writing that book made him into a Christian believer. It was definitely spirit-inspired. Glad to find someone else aquainted with it.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

That's the book that set me on the spiritual journey.

It was a big influence on me, as well. ESPECIALLY the chapter on grace. Exactly the point.

Have you read any Robert Wright? Highly recommend it.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

Christians can not save the world or themselves or you or anybody.
The Bible says you can.

he should know that the one who turns a sinner back from his wandering path will save that person’s soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.
James 5:20

save others by snatching them out of the fire; . . .
Jude 1:23

We believe it is Jesus who will do that. Jesus is the returning King who will reunite this fragniverse.
By "we" then you mean members of the pre-tribulation rapture cult. Traditional Christians are not sitting on their hands waiting to go up to heaven in a big bunch, all of a sudden.

I cant do anything, biblicaly I am asked to preach the gospel of Jesus and allow God to call those chosen in.
That is not "doing nothing".

I am blessed I have a Golden Ticket.
I must have missed the "Golden Ticket" speech in the Bible. Could you quote that verse please?

I just want others to know it comes obligation free, preach the gospel. It doesnt come pain free though, the beatitudes teach this world is corrupt and destroyed.
This seems contradictory. Jesus said he had come to save the world. What is your "gospel", that Jesus failed and needs a do-over and time to abandon ship?

If the world was perfect we wouldnt need Jesus.
satan would prefer a perfect world were everyone had a well paying job, money a home and family and went to church every sunday and worshipped false idols. satan has not got that so he fights.
Huh?

Its not my job to save the world or win people. Thats an atheist myth.
You have chosen to accept it as a myth, which is apparently the goal of the cult you belong to, which is to give the world to Satan while sitting there waiting for when you can redeem your ticket to heaven.
edit on 19-7-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I never denied the rapture. You are just plain weird.
You said you were not going to be among those raptured because you are too sinful to go to heaven, right? That's what it sounded like to me.
So you are making plans as to what you are going to do after the rapture. I guess you believe all the Jews will be saved and magically made sinless but they will need some sinners to do their dirty work for them so as not to be defiled, and you are volunteering for the job, untill you show yourself worthy by being a good servant, or something. Did I get that right?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Money is an inanimate object, it cannot be "evil", nor good for that matter. It's man's lust for it that is evil, materialism/Mammon worship.

Funny how you say that money is an inanimate object, but the Bible is the Living Word. Hypocrisy at its finest.
Money is a living entity that takes many different forms and has infiltrated every single aspect of our lives... cash, coins, credit cards, gift cards, checks, stocks, bonds, permits, licenses, mutual funds, interest rates, mortgages, etc...

If I were to stop participating in the financial system, I would starve to death. Almost every single necessity in this country has been monetized. I'm not even allowed to catch a damn fish or shoot a hog in this country without purchasing a license first.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by borntowatch

Christians can not save the world or themselves or you or anybody.
The Bible says you can.

he should know that the one who turns a sinner back from his wandering path will save that person’s soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.
James 5:20

save others by snatching them out of the fire; . . .
Jude 1:23

We believe it is Jesus who will do that. Jesus is the returning King who will reunite this fragniverse.
By "we" then you mean members of the pre-tribulation rapture cult. Traditional Christians are not sitting on their hands waiting to go up to heaven in a big bunch, all of a sudden.

I cant do anything, biblicaly I am asked to preach the gospel of Jesus and allow God to call those chosen in.
That is not "doing nothing".

I am blessed I have a Golden Ticket.
I must have missed the "Golden Ticket" speech in the Bible. Could you quote that verse please?

I just want others to know it comes obligation free, preach the gospel. It doesnt come pain free though, the beatitudes teach this world is corrupt and destroyed.
This seems contradictory. Jesus said he had come to save the world. What is your "gospel", that Jesus failed and needs a do-over and time to abandon ship?

If the world was perfect we wouldnt need Jesus.
satan would prefer a perfect world were everyone had a well paying job, money a home and family and went to church every sunday and worshipped false idols. satan has not got that so he fights.
Huh?

Its not my job to save the world or win people. Thats an atheist myth.
You have chosen to accept it as a myth, which is apparently the goal of the cult you belong to, which is to give the world to Satan while sitting there waiting for when you can redeem your ticket to heaven.

By this, we can see how the Church has stupefied its precious flock into taking a seat while the whole world burns around them. Why? Because they will be safe while the rest of us fall. See how loving and compassionate they are?

This is one of the great dark secrets Christianity has hidden under its rugs, like a grotesque cockroach munching on the dirt beneath your feet. This is their great shame. The world will die because they will not fight. These are your saviors, your saints. These are our role models.

See them, see their truth, and know them for what they are: ostriches. Because ostriches, when fearful, will stick their head in the sand. And likewise, these Christians bury themselves in darkness, so they can't hear the screams. Their god will protect them, and that's all they care about.

Is that what we're promised? Is that our gift? Then let it burn. I refuse to touch it.
edit on 19-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

By this, we can see how the Church has stupefied its precious flock into taking a seat while the whole world burns around them. Why?
This may be the impression you would get if you were to define what Christianity is by watching televangelists. Denominational churches are different in that they do their preaching in churches rather than on TV.
What I am trying to point out is that there is a cult that is insidiously spreading its belief covertly by having designed its doctrines to be ecumenical, so instead of creating their own Rapture Cult Church, they just send their agents into all the established churches to gain converts who stay put in their respective churches and in turn gain their own converts, thereby earning rewards for their heavenly life after the rapture, where you can take it with you (according to their belief).
The theory that I support to explain all this is that behind it are well funded foundations who support this sort of preaching and behind that is Zionism which sees it as a good tool to suppress objections from Christians to the crimes against humanity perpetrated by the regime illegally occupying Palestine and calling itself Israel.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join