It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians: What Will You Do?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

reply to post by AfterInfinity

Have you read the Bible?
Christians have no intention or obligation to save the world.

You claim you read the Bible. What does it say about who the Savior is?

Gee that's not a loaded question is it? You really don't want to get into that with me because the answer is debatable and at the core of why I'm not a Christian.

Sounds like a bow out to me.
Simple question there, who does the Bible say the Savior of the world is? World as in terra firma.

edit on 18-7-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Always someone out to take someone elses stuff, wether it's their money, or their livelihood, their wife, their land etc. Call it what you will but it is what it is. My ancestors got the raw end of the land deal and then thrown into reservations and it was europeans killing them with diseases and stealing their land by getting them addicted to white lightning and trading their lands for whiskey. So yeah, always someone out to screw someone else out of their stuff and it's all the time and in every age. Just human beings doing what they do.

My dad is full blooded Apache so I understand where you're coming from. I just don't get why you (or anyone else for that matter) won't acknowledge money as the root cause.
edit on 18-7-2012 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

Because money isn't evil. It's an inanimate object. With the same 20 you can buy a rock of crack or a dozen roses. The LUST/LOVE of money is the root of all evil.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I kinda wondered about that too....how will Christians save us when Earth turns over and the winds are 1000 miles an hour, and everything is on fire? As humanity rises into Spirit Form, the dogma of religion will shortly be forgotten, for it has no bearing in the Spirit World. It will be very confusing, especially for those who have lived their lives in fear. Your eyes will be open, and you will see all of the monsters you have created.

Some will be recycled, some will Ascent to a Higher Plane. Some will travel to other planets, for new missions, some will go into a semi retirement in the Nexus, a place where whatever you think is your instant reality. You really need to take stock here. Being on your knees will not help you.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

The Bible says the world will never end. We are looking forward to the end of the age of man's rule and the rule of Christ from Jerusalem. The end of human government.
Looks like you gave up on your Rapture belief, then.
Or you realized that the Rapture means, according to Rapture cult, the end of Christianity and all the Christians, so figured you would game the system somehow and get "left behind" and work as a servant to this imagined Zionist Jew regime that is going to rule the world after the Rapture.
I did notice one of your cult leaders has sermon CD on "What to Do if You are Left Behind". Maybe another ploy to lead people away from Christianity and to pledge allegiance to the rabbinical council.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Get over it already, Christ was a Jew. The world is run by satan.. take a long hard look at everything the world is united in it's hatred against.
What we know about Jesus comes from the New Testament, there not being a Jewish Gospel, so it does no good to be preaching a Jesus from a Jewish point of view as if he never meant to create a new religion and was nothing but an ordinary traditional rabbi who thought everything was just fine with the religion. I suggest you get on with the path you are on and take your vows and renounce Christianity and stop presenting yourself as the representative of Christian beliefs.
Jesus was a Jew by birth but was a Hellenized Jew of gentile Galilee who spoke Greek and had a diaspora Jewish name. He had disciples not to teach them Judaism but to follow his own law and teachings, in order to found his own church and to follow a God, his father, who he said the Jewish leaders and doctors of the Law did not know.
What you are suggesting in the post I quoted is that the world (all non-Jews) are godless and hate Jews, so that means they are in fact followers of Satan. You do realize you are bunching in Christians in your condemnation and at the same time worshiping men (the Jews) in the place of God?
It seems to me you are following the example of one of your cult's leaders (John Hagee) in believing Jesus was never the full fulfillment of the ancient prophecies of the Messiah, and are waiting for another Messiah to come and to have an earthly rule in a reconstituted Israel.
In comparison, Christians of the traditional sort that had existed from the time of Christ, believe Jesus is in fact the Messiah come in the flesh and are not waiting on the coming of another, and that the chosen people of God are those who believe in that historical coming of the Jesus we know and that he had a completed work that is sufficient for the salvation of the world.
edit on 19-7-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
Christians, Judaics, all followers of Abrahamic faiths: What are you going to do to save this world and the people in it? What will you do to stop the coming chaos? How will you help to save our planet?

That's all.

They will pray for the destruction of the Earth since they believe this is what they have to do for the return of The Messiah / Christ.

It is in the news that millions of evangelical Christians can not wait for the destruction of the world for the Return of Christ. News Article

Originally posted by jmdewey60
That's exactly right because America was Christian and believed in their duty to bring about the millennium. That was the religion of the people who settled the country and believed they were creating the New Jerusalem.

Actually, America was not founded on "Christianity" (or any other religion) but "Freedom", not religion. Although there were slaves because they didn't see them as "human" - when they finally fought for marriage and got it, they called it "animal husbandry".

Originally posted by isaac7777
Well to be honest with you, the guy who said the world isnt worth saving is kind of right, if you look at it from an loveless point of view. Christians live awaiting the return of Christ always, and we do what we were commanded, which was to help others and create disciples. We reach out to not only our community and country, but others as well. What do you think all those missionaries do?

They give the poor under the condition that they listen to their preaching of Jesus. They don't help the poor from kindness of the heart but to convert. If they truly loved they'll allow them to take the food and walk out the door if they choose. If they truly loved, they would give condoms for protecting instead of saying they are against Jesus. They would actually care about the LIVES of them.

There are many disgusting things that missionaries do, they even conquer lands to control them and use "Christianity" as a mask.

Originally posted by isaac7777
And as a person, I am ecstatic for the return of Christ.

But The World has to be in great suffering for that to happen, but most Christians do not give damn about that part.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Always someone out to take someone elses stuff, wether it's their money, or their livelihood, their wife, their land etc. Call it what you will but it is what it is. My ancestors got the raw end of the land deal and then thrown into reservations and it was europeans killing them with diseases and stealing their land by getting them addicted to white lightning and trading their lands for whiskey. So yeah, always someone out to screw someone else out of their stuff and it's all the time and in every age. Just human beings doing what they do.

My dad is full blooded Apache so I understand where you're coming from. I just don't get why you (or anyone else for that matter) won't acknowledge money as the root cause.
edit on 18-7-2012 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

Because money isn't evil. It's an inanimate object. With the same 20 you can buy a rock of crack or a dozen roses. The LUST/LOVE of money is the root of all evil.

Agreed.

Everything is a tool that can be used for good or evil. it is the intent of the person that makes it one or the other.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

The OT is about Christ too. Every event, detail, and prophecy. The entire book is about Christ. Your hate is seething through again JM. And now my "cult leader" is John Hagee? I thought it was some Darby dude, no wait, u said it was Missler, err wait it was Driscoll, check that is was Thompson.. silly me, it was Perry Stone. Which one is it?

Half the guys above don't even share the same Eschatological views/beliefs as the other half. Some are replacement theologians and the others are not. So which is it? You condemn everyone on this board that claims Christ as their Lord and Savior. You call yourself an Adventist yet deny virtually everything from both Adventist and SDA.org. Here's what I think... you're just a random cult-leader wannabe who is angry that you just don't have a shred of charisma to get followers.

edit on 19-7-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Christians can not save the world or themselves or you or anybody.
We believe it is Jesus who will do that. Jesus is the returning King who will reunite this fragniverse.
I cant do anything, biblicaly I am asked to preach the gospel of Jesus and allow God to call those chosen in. Ephesians 1 explains it clearly.
I am blessed I have a Golden Ticket. I just want others to know it comes obligation free, preach the gospel. It doesnt come pain free though, the beatitudes teach this world is corrupt and destroyed.
If the world was perfect we wouldnt need Jesus.
satan would prefer a perfect world were everyone had a well paying job, money a home and family and went to church every sunday and worshipped false idols. satan has not got that so he fights.

Its not my job to save the world or win people. Thats an atheist myth.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

The Bible says the world will never end. We are looking forward to the end of the age of man's rule and the rule of Christ from Jerusalem. The end of human government.
Looks like you gave up on your Rapture belief, then.
Or you realized that the Rapture means, according to Rapture cult, the end of Christianity and all the Christians, so figured you would game the system somehow and get "left behind" and work as a servant to this imagined Zionist Jew regime that is going to rule the world after the Rapture.
I did notice one of your cult leaders has sermon CD on "What to Do if You are Left Behind". Maybe another ploy to lead people away from Christianity and to pledge allegiance to the rabbinical council.

I never denied the rapture. You are just plain weird. I've corrected you NUMEROUS times that Christianity will never end. Since that's the case you're just slandering. Redeeming the Jews TO Christianity means the end of Judaism. Christ returns for His sealed bride before Daniel's 70th week begin, the two witnesses and the 144,000 are taken to heaven at the mid-point of the 70th week, and Christ returns with His saints at the end. Those not deemed worthy to go in the rapture must make their robes white in the Great Tribulation.

If you want to make a rapture thread do so or use the search feature.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

reply to post by AdamsMurmur

Get over it already, Christ was a Jew. The world is run by satan.. take a long hard look at everything the world is united in it's hatred against.
He was a heretic (according to the them).

[gnosis]

Anyone with ears to hear (or in this case, eyes to read), pay close attention.

Yes, the world does seem to be run that way, because it's imbalanced, ignorant, selfish, blind; survival of the fittest rather than coexistence. Anytime someone mentions a satan or similar figure, I can just as easily mention a negative action/state of being (bad karma). Everything is our own fault and our own responsibility:

Jesus said, "I took my stand in the midst of the world, and in flesh I appeared to them. I found them all drunk, and I did not find any of them thirsty. My soul ached for the children of humanity, because they are blind in their hearts and do not see, for they came into the world empty, and they also seek to depart from the world empty. But meanwhile they are drunk. When they shake off their wine, then they will change their ways."

But you see, there is always a chance to "shake off the wine" and find sobriety, so that we can take a good hard look around without everything being a fuzzy blur. Public Service Announcement: Drink responsibly.

Allegory/physics time: What occurs when a massive object comes near one of much less mass? The more massive object "destroys and devours" the smaller one. But when objects of equal mass meet near each other? They orbit around each other; they dance; they are in harmony and balance. Much like us, we should seek to find that kind of harmony and balance with each other, otherwise we too will appear to be eaten by the fat cats that try to rule us. They make the general population like lamb, aka "sheeple", so that they can "kill" us and "eat" us (that is, to make us ignorant and to use us for their own personal gain):

He saw a Samaritan carrying a lamb and going to Judea. He said to his disciples, "[Why does that] person [carry] around the lamb?" They said to him, "So that he may kill it and eat it." He said to them, "He will not eat it while it is alive, but only after he has killed it and it has become a carcass."

They said, "Otherwise he can't do it."

He said to them, "So also with you, seek for yourselves a place for rest, or you might become a carcass and be eaten."

That place is a place of liberation from darkness (salvation) within yourself: it is the clear light of awareness - knowledge, consciousness, balance. When something is conscious, it is alive, not dead, not a carcass. When something is unconscious, that is, ignorant, it is dead, a carcass, like the little lamb around the Samaritan's neck will become when they reach Judea. Will we continue to be like that lamb, ignorant of what's going to happen to it? Or will we be mindful, and try to break free? Remember, they don't want us to be free, but only to appear like we're free. Sooner or later the bars will come into focus.

My friend, as I hope you and anyone else sees, much of what I do is taking a good hard look around; I've stepped outside of the world so that I can observe it better. Now I don't have all the answers, no one does, because there are so many different possibilities, outcomes, and paths. Through unity though, and shaking each other awake, can we find peace and save ourselves from ourselves. If you think the whole world is united in a hatred against Christianity, and that somehow justifies you or anyone else, well, that's not true. I see the world as fragmented, not united; you know, divide and conquer? If anything, humanity is united in dissonance. We all think we're right and others are wrong. That is how corpses speak to each other; they talk and talk, but say nothing.

It all (the kingdom) rests in us now - it always has, it always will, because now is eternal. It is spread out among everything, and within everything, but we do not see the connections because our eyes are closed. We call into being the light by having and opening our eyes, otherwise, we'd remain in perpetual darkness.

[/gnosis]

reply to post by jmdewey60

Hagee is quite the loudmouth isn't he?

edit on 19/7/12 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

Of course He was a "heretic" to them. They had all but supplanted the command of God with their traditions and rules. Their traditions of the elders. They made tradition on par with God's command and Christ rejected that and mocked them for it. (Mark 7). Like good little religious people they turn blessings and good advice into commandments. Instead of it being about relationship they make it all about rules.. and not God's rules, THEIR rules.

And Jesus never said that. That's from Marcion and his fellas at Alexandria.

edit on 19-7-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
So you are giving the church an invitation to "force their views on society?? The only way this world can be saved is that if everyone repents of their evil and turns to Christ. That is not going to happen according to God's Word. In fact, what the OP says will happen: The world will try to unite in order to "fix" itself. I hate to spoil the ending for those of you that havn't read already... but it ends pretty badly for those that rely on themselves for salvation instead of God.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Then you all know now why I don't like Christianity. They have abandoned the fate of our world to an ancient myth that hasn't even been proven to be genuine.

They refuse to fight for our future, other than by converting people to their doctrine of head-in-sand, and that disgusts me.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Gee that's not a loaded question is it? You really don't want to get into that with me because the answer is debatable and at the core of why I'm not a Christian.

Sounds like a bow out to me.
Simple question there, who does the Bible say the Savior of the world is? World as in terra firma.

Psalm 106:21 says,
“They forgot God their savior, which had done great things in Egypt.”

Isaiah 45:21 says,
“Tell you, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who has declared this from ancient time? Who has told it from that time? Have not I the Lord? AND THERE IS NO GOD ELSE BESIDE ME; a just God and a Savior; THERE IS NONE BESIDE ME.”

I Timothy 2:3 says,
“For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior.”

Jude verse 25.
“To the ONLY wise God our Savior, be the glory and majesty, and dominion and power, BOTH NOW AND FOREVER, Amen.”

All of these verses (plus several more) clearly state that GOD is our savior. Then comes Jesus...

2 Timothy 1:10 says,
“But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has abolished death, and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.”

Then in Philippians 3:20 we read,
“For our conversation in heaven; from whence also we look for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.”

You'll find the word "savior" 37 times in the Bible. 13 times in the OT and 24 times in the NT. So which is it? Is God our savior or is Jesus?
edit on 19-7-2012 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Jesus.. God in human flesh. See Revelation and the OT prophets including Psalms for His redemption of the planet.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

There is proven to be other gods. "Look, they have become like us." Garden of Eden, remember? Yes. And Elohim is plural. There was never just one "God". There is one Source, but from that Source comes many like it, but not quite so large. And from these pieces of Source, comes all of creation.

But Source has given us the tools to save this world, we just have to use them. Instead, because we don't know how, we have invented our own religion that states, "Do nothing, for in the end, you will be saved regardless." It is a coward's philosophy, and a lie. That you would not fight for your planet, for your species, for the survival of that potential which could resurrect heaven in all its glory, here on Earth...it's shameful.

If we won't fight for our future, why fight for anything?
edit on 19-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Because money isn't evil. It's an inanimate object. With the same 20 you can buy a rock of crack or a dozen roses. .

Crack rocks wouldn't exist if no one could profit from them.

The LUST/LOVE of money is the root of all evil

That's what the Bible says, but don't you think the NEED for money inspires evil more than the LUST/LOVE of it?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

That's exactly it. The NEED for money. The NEED for money forces us to adopt materialistic ideals, and then opportunities come along that allow us to experience the advantages to spending money, thereby reenforcing our materialistic temp mindset. And in that process, we begin to LIKE being materialistic. And from there, we begin to become convinced that materialism is necessary for survival, in our subconscious. More to the point, it's necessary for acceptance, something we're told absolutely CANNOT be shirked.

And so, we become trapped. Because of money.

edit on 19-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I think there may be more than one path out of here.
The Christian way is really very simple. John 3:16 Whoever believes in him shall not perish but have ever lasting life. (spritial) Thats it folks, thats all that really matters. Im not really worried about the rest of you. We know most of you hate us anyway. There are alot better Christians than me out there Ill let them worry about you.
You dont need me anyway, if you can read this you can read John 3:16.
Thanks for asking, I will be able to point back and say I made an effort.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join