It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Takei's blog on the BSA reaffirmation of the ban on LGBT Scouts & Leaders

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy

Originally posted by petrus4
It's like the difference between neglectful manslaughter and murder in the first degree.

Would you like to be put to death for accidentally causing someone's death?

No; but in many jurisdictions there's always been an aggravated charge, which more or less amounts to the same thing. An important point there, however, is that you also need to prove a motive of racism. If someone of one ethnicity punches a person of another ethnicity in the face, that isn't automatically going to be motivated by racism; and I don't believe that such should be automatically assumed. It might be, yes; but it doesn't have to be.

If you can prove that conflict between two different groups was motivated by the identity of the target group, then that is well enough. It should not be assumed without proof, however, that such is definitely the case.
edit on 19-7-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ookie
I have never been a fan of the Boy Scouts since they would not let me join when I was a kid. I never got a reason. Just told they did not want me.

That being said, I would much rather my kids were being watched by a hetero pedo than a gay one. A hetero pedo wants little girls and I have boys. A homo pedo wants little boys and I would never allow my kids around one.

There are exceptions, but for the most part it goes like this: Not all gays are pedophiles, but all pedophiles are gay. Any man who wants a little boy is gay. Period. End of discussion. The sexual urge to be with one of your own sex is gay. Does not matter how old the person is.

Either way though, first offense for molesting a child should be immediate execution. Regardless of the sex of the perpetrator.

That is not true at all. Pedophilia has very little to do with what the pervert's adult sexual orientation is. Look at Sandusky, is he gay? No, he's a straight man who molested little boys because he's a pedophile. Not all pedophiles are gay, very few of them are actually.

The pedophile men who prey on young boys don't prey on them because they like adult men, they prey on them for other reasons. Many experts say it's because they haven't reached puberty yet and are still "girlish" in many ways. Others say it's because the pedophile was molested at that age and it's a form of carry over. It has nothing to do with his adult sexual preference at all.

I do agree with you on the sentencing of the perpetrators though. There is no "cure" for a pedophile, they will offend again given the opportunity and our children are too valuable to allow them a second chance.

As far as sexuality goes, probably the safest group to allow around children are the lesbians. They have the nurturing instincts due to being women and the logical thinking that is more associated with men. They're not as sexually threatening and often go into fields such as social work or working with small children. They should allow all the lesbians who want to lead a boyscout troop lead it, it's the safest bet they have!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

In my case, three black kids (early 20's) beat me up while calling me names like whitey and cracker (I have police documents for the naysayers). They were not found nor prosecuted but I did get my medical bills paid for by the city under their hate crime legislation. So, I'm sorry, but personally, I'm all for hate crime legislation. Especially for the crimes victim funds that cities have set up for the victims. Without it, I would be 5,000 dollars in debt now.

Take this story however you like. I hope that it does somehow change your views on the legislation some.

edit on 19-7-2012 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
Here is my opinion on this. I was a Boy Scout as well as ran a Scout troop for 12 years. I do not agree with a woman being a "Boy Scout" leader or a girl being a "Boy Scout". It is a private Christian organization where boys are tought to be responsible self reliant men. How can a woman teach this to a boy? How can a girl become this? A woman should not be alone in the woods with boys, and likewise a homosexual should not be either. A boy Scout has to recite an oath for duty to God and Country, how can a homosexual recite this oath and remain homosexual?
If they don't like it then let them start their own group for homosexuals. Plain and simple.
By they way, ya know you never see heterosexuals pissing and moaning to join homosexual groups......... Why do you think that is? I am tired of homosexuals pushing their immoral, unnatural agenda onto me and my children.

Christianity isn't against homosexuals, only the extremist fundamentalist christian groups feel that it is. There are many churches that allow homosexuals and encourage their membership. There are even churches that are based on serving the homosexual community.

When we, as Christians, allowed the extremist fundamentalists to take such a foothold in the structure and governance of the religion, it fell apart. It may never recover from the damage that group has done. There are many theologians who have discredited the false interpretations that are called the "clobber passages" and the REAL Christians are increasing in number and will soon push the extremists to the fringe where they belong.

There is no room for hatred and exclusion in the following of Christ. Jesus Christ was the epitome of inclusion and forgiveness, not of hatred and war. When the ugly, disgusting fringe of exremist fundamentalist evangelicals are taken out of the mainstream and out of power positions, Christianity can get back on track and follow Christ as they should be doing instead of following ignorance and hatred perpetrated by Satan himself and predominant in the fundamentalist evangelical movement we have been cursed with.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

reply to post by InhaleExhale

Your support of the group that is singlehandedly destroying the moral thread of society should be changed perhaps.

The group that is destroying the moral thread of society is fundamentalist evangelicals. They are destroying all that Christianity is. They are changing it to nothing more than a satanic practice based on ignorance and refusal to use intelligence and knowledge to discover what scripture says. They don't require their "preachers" to even graduate from high school, let alone attend seminary. The ONLY one to not need seminary training was Jesus Christ. Even the apostles learned from him, the first seminarian, and every apostle and leader after that were taught by the originals. After several generations, seminaries were opened by those who were taught by those before them. Today, we have many fine seminaries to guide and instruct those who want to be leaders but the fundamentalist evangelicals don't bother going to them and end up being the blind leading the blind with ignorance and lies.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

That is a blatant hate site filled with lies, not actual statistics. Just more right wing propoganda put forth by those who don't know what a percentage is, let alone how to calculate one.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

reply to post by groingrinder

The BSA are not funded by the United Way. Parents pay for their childrens things and trips. Fundraisers make up the rest. I do not know where you got your information but it is wrong.

The pentagon funded the jambories and the pentagon is funded by our taxes so our taxes went to funding them. There are many other ways they get federal funding at all and you can google that yourself.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

No, equality must not be forced. A disability cannot be helped, nor can the color of your skin, but the choice of homosexuality can. When someone chooses to live that lifestyle how can they be so bold as to get upset when the world does not like it. The next thing I guess we will see is homosexuals suing people for looking at them with a disgusted look. I dare that one to happen.

Homosexuality is NOT a choice, however, being a fundamentalist evangelical IS a choice.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

reply to post by truthinfact

Again, because I am Christian and do not agree with homosexuality, how does that equate to hatred? I chose to run a Boy Scout troop because I liked what they stood for and the moral values they present. Givin that why would I stand by and let people (with lifestyles that are so contrary to the Christian principles that Scouting is built upon) come in and rewrite the very reasons for it's existence? they can find their own group. Why would a homosexual strive to join a Christian group anyway?

Christianity isn't against homosexuals. The extremist fundamentalist evangelicals are against homosexuals but they do not represent Christianity. They are actually moving further and further from it.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Pull it on me, I absolutely agree that homosexuals are striving to be the teachers pets of this planet. Tell me please, what is so wrong in your mind with a private institution admitting who they want and homosexuals just starting their own group? Why are they making such a fuss to be a part of a group that is so strongly against them?

Change the word "homosexual" to "black" and see how that sounds.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

No it is not how God made them. Why would he call them abominations if he made them? People are not sexual beings at all until puberty. The weirdos that swear they had actual sexual attractions as a young child are full of it. Puberty is when the sexual hormones kick in and sexual attraction starts. I'm not talking about finding a boy or girl cute either, I'm talking full blown sexual attraction. Given this, there are quite a few years for the person to develop their attractions.

I pray to God in heaven above that when your son comes out of the closet, you have to eat your words.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

This thread has really gotten ridiculous with all of the hatred coming from homosexuals

I am 100%, absolutely, positively NOT a gay man, but I will support their rights and equality against hate filled bigots with everything I've got. I've seen no hatred coming from any homosexual or anyone who isn't a homophobic bigot. I have seen a great deal of hatred coming from you and those like you. You are NOT a Christian, you are a fundamentalist evangelical. They are not Christian at all because they don't follow what Christ taught, they follow the opposite of what He taught. Don't use the term to describe yourself as it insults Christians and it insults Jesus Christ himself. THAT offends me very much because he is my Lord and Savior and I don't take kindly to people who blaspheme God with their lies and hatred.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

I would imagine if someone does not agree with them that they dont support them anyway. It is not a publicly funded organization. True they have fundraisers to get money for camp and other things but things are paid for by parents.

Of course, but IMHO, if one does not agree with a private organization, they should not support them by buying thier cookies or popcorn (boyscout version of the cookie drive) and no join said organization rather than trying to have the government force said organization to change.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Again, The sexual urge to be with one of your own sex is gay. Does not matter how old the person is. I can not accept that messing with someone of the same sex is not gay. I think it is a smoke screen put up by gays so they won't be included with the pedophiles. They do not want to admit that there are some among their ranks that are slightly more perverted than they are. They feel they should not be associated with them. But they are. Sandusky was a gay. He did not molest girls. The wife was a smokescreen to hide his being gay in a sport where that is very frowned upon.

It is all mental illness and they need treatment. But pretty much all gays have been fooled into thinking they are not mentally ill and do not need treatment. I constantly have the urge to blow up cities with enormous bombs. But I don't because that is wrong. I am able to control my urges. I have never hurt anyone (since I was a teenager, I hurt a LOT of people when I was young). Gays should control theirs. If they can't then they need help. Not encouraged and coddled and told they are normal.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Turkenstein

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
The BSA is a private group. They can choose their own members in whichever manner they desire. Deal with it.

yea!
Let them, yes them, start there own. I am not fond of the idea that a Sandusky wanna be is "yearning" to take my boy camping or go camping with him.

Sandusky was a straight married man who enjoyed spending time with children.
I would rather have an open homosexual around my kids than someone like that.

Sandusky perfectly fits the profile of what they want in the cubscouts...until that other stuff came out.
Get it?
So why is there not equal fear of den mothers raping your little boys?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Boy Scouts of America = Private Church Based Group.
They can run their group any way they want to. The end.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Boy Scouts of America = Private Church Based Group.
They can run their group any way they want to. The end.

I'll ask again.

Do they deny Jews, Muslims, Pagans and Athiests also? I.E....Which church would that be?

edit on 20-7-2012 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I don't understand what big fuss is all about.

Do the opponents to gay scout leaders think the scout leader is going to make new merit badges for "discussing feelings and fabrics", "gas station bathroom BJs" or "fashion foux pas"?

It's kind of silly. I think a gay dude can start a fire exactly the same as a straight dude.
A Lesbian woman can organize a cookie sale the same as a straight woman.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
I don't understand what big fuss is all about.

The fuss is about everyone (well certain Christians) thinking that gay=pedophile. This is what it all boils down to.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy
I'll ask again.

I'll say it again. It's a private church based group. They can run it as they wish.
(*different churches run different troops .. some catholic, some protestant, whatever)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join