It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Takei's blog on the BSA reaffirmation of the ban on LGBT Scouts & Leaders

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by HandyDandy

Wow, that word is really killing you. Yes, I tolerate them. Like I said I have friends that are gay. I tolerate them, I disagree with them.
Tell me, why does the word pervert offend you so much?

Why does being called a bigot offend you so much?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

So you answer the question with a question? Just answer it.
Bigot by you definition= Intolerant
in·tol·er·ant adj \-rənt\
Definition of INTOLERANT
1: unable or unwilling to endure
2a : unwilling to grant equal freedom of expression especially in religious matters b : unwilling to grant or share social, political, or professional rights : bigoted
3: exhibiting physiological intolerance

I am not intolerant, I am on here expressing views equally with you and others

Perversion is a concept describing those types of human behavior that are excessive or deviated from what is considered to be orthodox or normal. Although it can refer to varying forms of deviation, it is most often used to describe sexual behaviors that are seen by an individual as abnormal, repulsive or obsessive
That is what homosexuality is, perverse,,,, outside the norm.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

reply to post by kaylaluv

Again, you speak of things of which you know nothing of. The food thing was Jewish law, not Christian law. It never says tattoos are wrong. In Leviticus it talks about tattoos but it is about pagans tattooing the image of the deceased onto their bodies in an attempt to gain their essence or spirit. It says that John had the image of God inscribed on his leg, and it also says to inscribe the name of God on your palm or forehead. Sexual immorality yes very wrong, sex before marriage very wrong but that is where forgiveness comes in.
A homosexual can be saved but that sin will end at that moment. He may struggle and backslide but will strive to make it right.

Everything in the old testament is Jewish law, as there was no christianity in the old testament. Jesus never said a thing against homosexuality, so apparently homosexuality is ok according to christian law.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

behaviors that are seen by an individual as abnormal, repulsive or obsessive

As I find most Christian behavior as being abnormal, repulsive and obsessive I can now call you a pervert?

edit on 19-7-2012 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Jesus said a man shall leave his mother and father and cleave unto his wife, not life partner. He also said sex outside of marriage is wrong so if sex is for marriage and he said marriage is between a man and woman then he did speak against homosexuality.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

How can you possibly find Christian behavior as abnormal? Heathans will go to the outer limits of absurdity to defend their sins. You will even go as far as to declare that God does not exist, because that way you cannot possibly be sinning.
This thread has really gotten ridiculous with all of the hatred coming from homosexuals that it has slipped into semantics. What if this or but what about that. You people are reaching. The point I was trying to drive home all along in this thread was leave the BSA alone and join or start another group. Private groups are so people can join like minded people and have fellowship. Quit whining that you can't join BSA and go somewhere with like minded people. I think everyone will be much happier.
You cannot live outside the norms of society and expect society to cave to your every whimpering.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Jesus said a man shall leave his mother and father and cleave unto his wife, not life partner. He also said sex outside of marriage is wrong so if sex is for marriage and he said marriage is between a man and woman then he did speak against homosexuality.

Nice try reading between the lines, but nope - Jesus never said homosexuality was wrong. And that's a fact.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

1. Jesus is the Son of God.
2. And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’ “and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh?’” (Matt. 19:4.)
3. For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?” (John 5:46-47.)
4. Moses wrote Leviticus where homoness is condemned
5. “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for he will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you” (John 16:12-15.)
6. this was talking about the Apostles,,, Paul was an Apostle and he condemned homoness
SO YES JESUS DID CONDEMN HOMOSEXUALITY

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

1. Jesus is the Son of God.
2. And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’ “and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh?’” (Matt. 19:4.)
3. For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?” (John 5:46-47.)
4. Moses wrote Leviticus where homoness is condemned
5. “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for he will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you” (John 16:12-15.)
6. this was talking about the Apostles,,, Paul was an Apostle and he condemned homoness
SO YES JESUS DID CONDEMN HOMOSEXUALITY

Then Moses also wrote about not eating pork or shellfish, so that means that Jesus condemns all people who eat ham sandwiches!! Round and round and round we go. You won't change my mind - I won't change yours. Just know that your time will soon be over. A new day is dawning, where tolerance of people who aren't hurting anyone will be the accepted way.

See ya.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

This thread has really gotten ridiculous with all of the hatred coming from homosexuals

Ah, so you DON'T like being called names?

Maybe you should stop doing it to others then? What was that about a golden rule and do unto others?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I never referred the hatred to name calling. Not once.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

So you answer the question with a question? Just answer it.
Bigot by you definition= Intolerant
in·tol·er·ant adj \-rənt\
Definition of INTOLERANT
1: unable or unwilling to endure
2a : unwilling to grant equal freedom of expression especially in religious matters b : unwilling to grant or share social, political, or professional rights : bigoted
3: exhibiting physiological intolerance

I am not intolerant, I am on here expressing views equally with you and others

Perversion is a concept describing those types of human behavior that are excessive or deviated from what is considered to be orthodox or normal. Although it can refer to varying forms of deviation, it is most often used to describe sexual behaviors that are seen by an individual as abnormal, repulsive or obsessive
That is what homosexuality is, perverse,,,, outside the norm.

Well I freely admit that am an intolerant racist bigot. I just don't like people. Especially people who engage in immoral acts. That I don't commit mass murder on a daily basis is my way of being tolerant. I let all people dumber than me live. And since my IQ is in the top 2% of people that is being very generous and kind.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Op-ed: A Secret Committee Will Not Stop Us

Activist and Eagle Scout Zach Wahls says that what an anonymous group says can’t stop he and others from making the Boy Scouts more inclusive.

BY Zach Wahls - July 19 2012

This week, the Boy Scouts of America made a huge national stir by affirming its anti-LGBT policy.

That is to say, they made a huge national stir by doing nothing new.

The only "new" thing about their announcement was the fact that they reached this "decision" by appointing a secret, 11-member subcommittee that "studied" this policy for "two years." This committee, that had a "variety of beliefs" on this policy, somehow managed to reach a unanimous decision. Twice. According to conflicting reports from the BSA, they first presented their conclusion back in February of this year. Then they presented it (again?) on Tuesday.

The timing of the BSA announcement, however, could not have been more politically expedient. On Monday, 24 hours earlier, the BSA learned that the vice president of their executive board, AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson, had gone on the record not only opposing their anti-LGBT policy, but also committing to work with fellow board member Jim Turley, Ernst& Young’s CEO, to end it. A few hours later, they learned that Jennifer Tyrrell — the gay den mother ousted from the Boy Scouts who rallied more than 300,000 people to sign her Change.org petition — planned to deliver those signatures to BSA’s Dallas headquarters on Wednesday. *&*Clearly, somebody inside the BSA decided this was unacceptable. www.advocate.com...

edit on 19-7-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
SOme people can't be happy unless they are making other peoples lives miserable like their own.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy
Are you stating that a homosexual can not be trained?

I did not say that. The BSA have decided to ban homosexuals, just like they have banned atheists. They can choose to do so.

Also, how does training stop a Sandusky from molesting your boy in the BSA? Furthermore, how does the BSA not allowing gays stop a Sandusky from molesting your boys?

Per BSA training, an adult and and Scout should never be alone in any space. The Buddy system further helps keep scouts out of trouble.The same goes for Adults, there should never be a situation where there is only one Adult and one Scout anywhere. Every Adult leader in the BSA has to go through Youth Protection training as well. All leaders go through a background check as well. Not saying the BSA is perfect, far from it, but they do take protecting youths quite seriously. Like I said previously, the times you hear about abuse in the BSA is when procedures aren't properly followed.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I never referred the hatred to name calling. Not once.

So where would you percieve the hatred then? A differing opinion? Oh look.....isn't that what you said about gays being hypocritical? Maybe look in the mirror?

Or better yet, look to God. Really look to him. I can gaurantee that he will not have the same issues you have with this. As I know him in my heart. But, I'm gay right? I can not know God right?

Those who have a log in their eyes should not condemn those with a splinter.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

It is not just condemnant that gets thrown towards homosexuals.....it's also violence.

This is another part of the point, however. Homosexuals fundamentally believe that if violence is committed against them, then that is somehow worse or more severe in nature, than if violence is committed against anyone else. The entire concept of the "hate crime," reflects that attitude.

You can try and go wherever you like with this, argumentatively speaking. The bottom line will remain the same.

The gay movement is hysterically emotive; it is irrational; it is hypocritical; and it is fascist. Quod erat demonstrandum.
edit on 19-7-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
This is another part of the point, however. Homosexuals fundamentally believe that if violence is committed against them, then that is somehow worse or more severe in nature, than if violence is committed against anyone else. The entire concept of the "hate crime," reflects that attitude.

Just so you know. There are plenty of white people getting beaten by black people and it being ruled a hate crime. I being one of them. Not even had to mention the gay fact. Just the fact that they beat me up for being white was enough where I live. If it is not as equal in your jurisdiction, that is not mine nor the gays, nor the blacks fault but your own.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Just so you know. There are plenty of white people getting beaten by black people and it being ruled a hate crime. I being one of them. Not even had to mention the gay fact. Just the fact that they beat me up for being white was enough where I live. If it is not as equal in your jurisdiction, that is not mine nor the gays, nor the blacks fault but your own.

The concept of the "hate crime," should not exist at all. I do not care who gets to benefit as a result of it. Violence was already a crime under the law. That is, and should be, enough.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
That is, and should be, enough.

The problem was......wait for it........it wasn't. Fhew....

There is an added element to a crime just for the sake of hate. Whether you believe there to be or not.

It's like the difference between neglectful manslaughter and murder in the first degree.

Would you like to be put to death for accidentally causing someone's death? With your one size fits all crime way of thinking you would be.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join