It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physical inactivity kills as many people as smoking

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I dont do much raw...apart from the obvious like salads, steak tartare etc.

Don't think I could manage all that fat. Fair play to you.

On a lighter note, I've just been drafted in to play my first rugby match in a quarter of a century. I have one month to get match fit! What was I thinking?

I'd not have done it last year, but the paleo thing has got me revved up enough I should be alright. :-)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I've been inactive for the past 10-years or so and my whole left side went numb yesterday. I started walking around and things got better. I've been telling myself to walk every day, even if it's on the treadmill but yet I don't do it. Last night was that moment where I knew I had to do something.

I'm not fat, fairly skinny and lost a lot of muscle mass since I've been programming these past years. Health-wise, I may not have much time unless I get out and do something and I think now is the time. I will now take a shower and leave my computer for the day. Thank you for this thread, it reminded me that laziness can in fact kill.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I think this is what Dr. Mercola is trying to say all this time. He is an american doctor I've been following on facebook. Living healthy doesn't mean that you eat healthy by consuming natural food everyday but getting your body into workout to enhance or maintain a good blood circulation, to stay a strong bones and know your body and it's limits is very important too. In opposing with what other states are doing now that tanning beds are harmful but the truth is I've read from Dr. Mercola's writing from tanningbeds.mercola.com... indoor tannning are harmful at all.
edit on 23-7-2012 by AliceTristen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Well if you think about it and we roll back to the previous 100 billion burgers sold at McDonalds I'm sure that would not be the case since lazy people wouldn't be that obliged to buy McDonalds.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Now now, just because I don't walk as much as I should, it doesn't mean I'm lazy. I'm quite the opposite and very neat and love to cook. The problem is work, work, work, work, work. But like I said before, I started walking every day now and my back feels much better already! It hurt a lot to walk at first but then it became well

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I agree with this thread, but threads like these get little response on ATS.

Why you ask? Because ATS has a huge portion of people who like to do nothing more then whine and complain about all the bad things in the world, yet if it's turned around and they're shown things they themselves can do to improve their health, they want no part of it as it takes effort. Much easier to whine about atrocities elsewhere than to look at yourself and change your lifestyle for the better.

Add to that many on ATS seem to sit at their computers all day, I'd wager a fair amount here are overweight, largely inactive and could do a whole lot more to live a healthier lifestyle.

I posted a long thread detailing how obesity is draining our country as we spend billions attempting to counteract it. We spend more money trying to counteract the growing obesity epidemic than we do smoking. Yet, only a handful cares. After all the whining about GMO in our food supply, I posted a detailed thread outlining exactly what foods do and do not contain GMO, down to the brands, yet again, few responses. I've seen a few threads promoting a healthier lifestyle and how to lose weight, yet again those are largely ignored.

ATS is just a microcosm of what we all see every day. People love to whine and shift blame, dare I say even gossip about what's going on in the world, but are completely disinterested in anything regarding responsibility.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join