It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Challenge to Chemtrail Believers - Explain this 1969 Issue of Popular Science:

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinTruth
The difference was...it looked like the plane was on fire, without the flames; engulfed in smoke. I'd loooooove to hear your "opinions" regarding 9-11. Oh boy, would i.

Trying to change the subject?

Look like the plane was on fire? And explain why a contrail could not look like what you saw? Contrails kind of look like smoke:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus

Originally posted by Uncinus

You should see the ones i filmed today. It looked like they were pouring out: quick, fast, and in a hurry. Thick too. You could see them SPRAYING. But, my eyes are deceiving me.

In what way did they differ from contrails?

They weren't "trailing" like this. -------------- >

It was more like this: ==========> See the difference???

But contrails can do both. So again, what's the difference?

The difference was...it looked like the plane was on fire, without the flames; engulfed in smoke. I'd loooooove to hear your "opinions" regarding 9-11. Oh boy, would i.

Oh right, so if a person questions something like the chemtrail theories then that means they bought the whole 'debunkers' package? Is that how it works? Is that what you did? Did you go for the whole 'everything is conspiracy' package, so they didn't land on the moon and the queen is a lizard too....right?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
this video speaks for itself;

Yes, it's another video of contrails misidentified as chemtrails.

Explain why they are not contrails. They look and behave exactly like them.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SpittinTruth

But, to sit there and say that these things linger around...ALL DAY LONG....is RIDICULOUS. What i find even more ridiculous...is how some water vapor, turns a blue day, into a cloudy one. That's alot of freezing going on up there. Not sure why it doesn't burn off, during these hot days.

Oh really...

If contrails persist for a long enough period of time, say on the order of an hour or more, they can spread out across the sky due to the prevailing winds at the level at which they formed. The two figures below show how contrails generated on this particular day spread out fairly quickly due to the stronger jet stream of air aloft. Persistence of contrails is neither an indication that they contain some kind of chemical, nor that it is some kind of spray. As a matter of fact, sailors have known for some time to look specifically at the patterns and persistence of jet contrails for weather forecasting. On days where the contrails disappear quickly or don't even form, they can expect continuing good weather, while on days where they persist, a change in the weather pattern may be expected.

www.wrh.noaa.gov...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

You guys are good at what you do...i'll tell you that much. Yeah, we know HOW the phenomenon occurs. Thanks for the science class. But, to sit there and say that these things linger around...ALL DAY LONG....is RIDICULOUS.

Why is it ridiculous?

You know that contrails are water - you've just said as much because you know how the phenomena occurs.

And as water it is effectively the same as clouds. Clouds can linger around all day long - so why can't contrails?

What i find even more ridiculous...is how some water vapor, turns a blue day, into a cloudy one. That's alot of freezing going on up there. Not sure why it doesn't burn off, during these hot days.

that would be bvecause at 30,00+ feet it is not very hot - in fact it can be 60 or more degrees C below the temperature at ground level - it is called the "lapse rate" - how quickly the temperature drops with altitude. As a rule of thumb it is about 2 deg C per 1000 feet.

So at 30,000 feet you might expect a temperature of -40 deg C. How much evaporation do you expect at -40 deg C??!!

Is ProudBird gonna come out and play, also??? hahahahahahahah You guys/girls...are too much. Nah, nothing to see here folks. All is well. TPTB have everything under "control".
No such thing as geo-engineering...weather manipulation. It's all a figment of your imagination. It's just an illu-sion.

so you do not believe what I wrote or what??

Do you think that the temeprature is the same at 30,000 feet as it is as sea level or not?

Do you think clouds are water that can hang around for days or not?

I didn't write anything about there being no such thing as geoengineering - of course there is - ther are lots of programmes underway - carbon sequestration, reforrestation, carbon trading, etc.

I also didn't write anything about weather manipulation not existing - why would I??
Cloud seeding is weather manipulation that is well known for.

You are supposed to deny ignorance on here - not demonstrate and embrace it!

edit on 18-7-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
reply to post by Uncinus

What happens to threads like this, where fact and logoic prevail over ignorance and supposition, is tht you will get a smattering of acknowledgements from those who say, "Of course;" and a deafening silence from the faithful.

The hardest thing for a believer in myth is to have all of their precepts and presuppositions handed back to them, neatly tied up, in irrefutable evidence.

How dare you?!

If I were you, and motivated enough, I would save this OP and drop it onto every single facetious, specious and ill-begotten "chemtrail" smokescreen (to borrow one of their favorite pejoratives for "facts").

Good job
S&F

jw

NOPE
it's just that the smarter among us [and smarter than you, the OP, and your fellow travelers]
can smell a setup from 80,000 ft away and have better things to do than play your little sociopathic games
we'll just let the neophtytes cut their teeth offering the occasional bit of advice and encouragement from the sidelines
not even going to point out all the errors in it

buh-bye

edit on 18-7-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I've scanned the whole article if anyone is interested:

metabunk.org...
metabunk.org...
metabunk.org...
metabunk.org...
metabunk.org...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
[NOPE
it's just that the smarter among us [and smarter than you, the OP, and your fellow travelers]
can smell a setup from 80,000 ft away and have better things to do than play your little sociopathic games

Why not? Why do you not reveal the errors to teh world? Why are you hiding evidence??

Are you being paid to cover it up and put everyone off-track with ludicrous claims that you won't back up??

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

[NOPE

Why not? Why do you not reveal the errors to teh world? Why are you hiding evidence??

Are you being paid to cover it up and put everyone off-track with ludicrous claims that you won't back up??

U PARANOID BRO?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

If it pays better than $0 I might change sides....so how much?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiseThinker
I still fear this topic has been deliberately diluted and twisted to what it is today.

Think about it this way, if there was a few planes, flying around spraying chemicals, how better to hide it, than start spreading ridiculousness rumors and control the direction of the "truth" movement before its created.

Disinfo is not a new tool, and there is no better way to hide something in plain sight , which it is, if there is any merit to it, because the movement that is supposed to uncover it, us bugged down with BS info and a idiotic approach to the issue.

It is infantile to believe that the atmosphere has not been weaponized.
Multiple military openly state that they use Chemtrails on military craft to hide them from radar.
The British experimented with cloud seeding as early as 1920
In the US and other countries, you can now hire companies for could seeding.
For military applications, than changing properties, for stealth, detection, deflection and other applications chemicals are used as stated earlier, so wonder what black budget projects are involved with chemicals in the atmosphere.
If they are indeed using HAARP technology on the public, than it would only be natural to seed the sky, to make it more responsive to the frequencies (remember IF they are )

So denying chem trails is as stupid as denying long lasting contrails, Chem trails are a FACT and have been for a while, the conversation as said, has somehow been twisted, to stupid BS babble about nothing relevant.

Sorry for rant, but this thread is really making me angry, we are supposed to deny ignorance and search for truth, but all i see is one faction bashing a less knowing faction of the same movement, for gods sake, teach them, enlighten them, don't look down on them or think you are better because you know. This is why there will be no revolution, people would rather rage and point out each other flaws, than helping the fellow man and enriching him where he is lacking, who knows, he may know something you don't.

Namaste

excuse me friend, but the above is only useful to open minded folks
posting that to a con-troller is like trying to teach your grandma how to suck eggs
just sayin'

here's a nice pic that is worth a thousand words

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

So the only thing that you can refute is the fact that you violate ATS' t&c by using multiple id's?

at least he's not flogging his own blog
also your claim of multiple accounts reminds me of something

oh yeah

"extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof"

edit on 18-7-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
reply to post by SpittinTruth

Telling people to 'do their own homework' is a good example of how ignorant and lazy some members are on here.

You should learn some manners, you're being addressed respectfully by people on this tread, this is a discussion forum not a soapbox for opinionated pups.

this whole thread is an insult to the intelligence
where's the respect in that?

this is a discussion forum not a soapbox for opinionated pups.

100% with you on that
perhaps you'd kindly inform OP and his crew?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

lol - shame those TPTB scientists did all that work to create the computers that you used to tell us that, and the car you drove or the train you rode in, and electricity, and airconditioning, and clean water, and......

Yep - all those scientific lies have been part of TPTB's war on the population (or whatever...)

don't forget sex-change surgery
one of mengele's little gifts to the world
among others

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
this is a discussion forum not a soapbox for opinionated pups.

100% with you on that
perhaps you'd kindly inform OP and his crew?

In lighjt of this, and since the OP is about how you would explain an article from 1969 if you believe in chemtrails, which seems like a perfectly rasonable topic for discussion, why is it that you don't actualy discuss it instead of slagging off at everyone who disagrees with you??

And when are you going to tell me whether you get paid for hiding evidence, and how much if so??

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

lol - shame those TPTB scientists did all that work to create the computers that you used to tell us that, and the car you drove or the train you rode in, and electricity, and airconditioning, and clean water, and......

Yep - all those scientific lies have been part of TPTB's war on the population (or whatever...)

don't forget sex-change surgery
one of mengele's little gifts to the world
among others

and did you have a point??

Are you equating all scientists to Mengele perhaps??
edit on 18-7-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

excuse me friend, but the above is only useful to open minded folks
posting that to a con-troller is like trying to teach your grandma how to suck eggs
just sayin'

here's a nice pic that is worth a thousand words

That's a great illustration of the radiative forcing effects of clouds.

But what does it have to do with the "contrails dissipate quickly, chemtrails persist and spread hoax"?

You think this is a setup? How so? Do contrails always dissipate quickly or not?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Star, Flag, and High Five to you my friend.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Do people still belive in the chemtrail conspiracies? Jeeze. A basic understanding of either science, meteorology or molecules (or all three) is all that's required to understand contrails and "chemtrails" are the same thing.

Come on folks, there's plenty of real conspiracy theories to worry about.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

You keep reposting that graphic. It is describing natural processes. What link, exactly, are you trying to draw between that graphic and the "chemtrail" conspiracy? It wasn't exactly clear by all the context you provided.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join