It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Challenge to Chemtrail Believers - Explain this 1969 Issue of Popular Science:

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by poppycock

Those are some huge MF-ing contrails OP, are ya sure about that?

Can you provide evidence to support your claims?

Yes, what type of evidence would you like? I've got a bunch here:

contrailscience.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinTruth

Careful how you insult people.

In reality, chemtrails are the consequence of the agenda to geoengineer the earth in the name of combating climate change, a science vehemently backed by people like John P. Holdren, who in his 1977 book Ecoscience advocated poisoning the water supply to involuntarily sterilize humans as part of a “planetary regime” that would control every aspect of our existence. The fact that such eugenicists are now in control of geoengineering programs that will have a direct impact on our health is alarming.
Scientists admit.....

I really don't have time to teach nursery school-minded individuals...who think these "lingering contrails" are "normal".

But you article is clearly saying that contrails create artificial clouds. Exactly the same as the 1969 Popular Science article.

“The phenomenon occurs when aircraft fly above 25,000ft, where the air temperature is around minus 30C. This causes water vapour emitted by the engines to crystallise and form the familiar white streaks across the sky, known as contrails,” writes Oliver Tree for the Daily Mail.
“Reading University’s Professor Keith Shine, an expert in clouds, said that those formed by aircraft fumes could linger ‘for hours’, depriving those areas under busy flight paths, such as London and the Home Counties, of summer sunshine.”

So what, you think it's true now?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus

YO, OP! What are those lines in the sky in this picture? Or is it just my imagination running away with me?

They are contrails.

Those are some huge MF-ing contrails OP, are ya sure about that?

Can you provide evidence to support your claims?

You should see the ones i filmed today. It looked like they were pouring out: quick, fast, and in a hurry. Thick too. You could see them SPRAYING. But, my eyes are deceiving me.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Lines in the sky and tall buildings exploding!.....What's a girl to do?

Well, apparently, there's a rabbit hole somewhere and you're supposed to find it and go down into it with a torch...then I don't know what happens, but I suspect words and phrases like 'truth' and 'wake up people' and 'join the dots' and 'this is not normal' and will be heard more frequently in your everyday speech.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

You should see the ones i filmed today. It looked like they were pouring out: quick, fast, and in a hurry. Thick too. You could see them SPRAYING. But, my eyes are deceiving me.

In what way did they differ from contrails?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Fair and balanced.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Careful how you insult people.

In reality, chemtrails are the consequence of the agenda to geoengineer the earth in the name of combating climate change, a science vehemently backed by people like John P. Holdren, who in his 1977 book Ecoscience advocated poisoning the water supply to involuntarily sterilize humans as part of a “planetary regime” that would control every aspect of our existence. The fact that such eugenicists are now in control of geoengineering programs that will have a direct impact on our health is alarming.
Scientists admit.....

I really don't have time to teach nursery school-minded individuals...who think these "lingering contrails" are "normal".

But you article is clearly saying that contrails create artificial clouds. Exactly the same as the 1969 Popular Science article.

“The phenomenon occurs when aircraft fly above 25,000ft, where the air temperature is around minus 30C. This causes water vapour emitted by the engines to crystallise and form the familiar white streaks across the sky, known as contrails,” writes Oliver Tree for the Daily Mail.
“Reading University’s Professor Keith Shine, an expert in clouds, said that those formed by aircraft fumes could linger ‘for hours’, depriving those areas under busy flight paths, such as London and the Home Counties, of summer sunshine.”

So what, you think it's true now?

You guys are good at what you do...i'll tell you that much. Yeah, we know HOW the phenomenon occurs. Thanks for the science class. But, to sit there and say that these things linger around...ALL DAY LONG....is RIDICULOUS. What i find even more ridiculous...is how some water vapor, turns a blue day, into a cloudy one. That's alot of freezing going on up there. Not sure why it doesn't burn off, during these hot days.

You know, this cat and mouse game, could go on...for eternity. You say 1 thing, i say another. Who's right? Who's wrong? Of course, YOU want to be RIGHT! So, ok.....they're "contrails".

There you have it folks....CONTRAILS is what they are! PFFT!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Fair and balanced.

So, you think that a Discovery program about a theory make that theory correct? Like when they do programs about Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster, etc?

Note the program was just letting the chemtrail promoters make their claims. It did not say their claims were correct, and it has scientists on who said their claims were false.

Their claims are in direct contradiction with the Popular Science article. So do you think the Popular Science article is a lie? Remember it's from 1969. 43 years ago.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SpittinTruth

Hook, line, and sinker

I'll leave you with a quote from W.C. Fields

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull#.

To bad you cant even baffle with your own bull#, all you can do is regurgitate someone elses.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

An infowars article?

Sorry kid.

That's not what I call evidence, at all.

Infowars, IMO, are liars and fear mongers.

AJ and his crowd can ask my b***ox.

Ok, so you're 12 then?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Scientists admit.....

A classic case of "begging the question" - assumes that there are geoengineering programmes, assumes that John Holdren is in charge of them, utterly misquotes Holdren's writings - which is pretty normal for people criticising his writings, and misses the point - what scientists have admitted is that contrails block the sun. Not that contrails are chemtrails.

Sorry - spreading lies like this does make you look like an 11 year old!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

You guys are good at what you do...i'll tell you that much. Yeah, we know HOW the phenomenon occurs. Thanks for the science class. But, to sit there and say that these things linger around...ALL DAY LONG....is RIDICULOUS. What i find even more ridiculous...is how some water vapor, turns a blue day, into a cloudy one. That's alot of freezing going on up there. Not sure why it doesn't burn off, during these hot days.

Because it's still -40 degrees up there, no matter how hot it gets on the ground.

Most of the water vapor is already there, in the atmosphere. The contrail just triggers cloud formation, just like it says in the 1969 Popular Science article. Another thing the chemtrail promoters ignore - only contrails can spread like that. A chemical trail would swiftly dissipate. It's simple science.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

They weren't "trailing" like this. -------------- >

It was more like this: ==========> See the difference???

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

But contrails can do both. So again, what's the difference?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Because it's still -40 degrees up there, no matter how hot it gets on the ground.

Most of the water vapor is already there, in the atmosphere. The contrail just triggers cloud formation, just like it says in the 1969 Popular Science article. Another thing the chemtrail promoters ignore - only contrails can spread like that. A chemical trail would swiftly dissipate. It's simple science.

Do you sleep with your Popular Science magazine??? And, why is that source so credible???

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

You guys are good at what you do...i'll tell you that much. Yeah, we know HOW the phenomenon occurs. Thanks for the science class. But, to sit there and say that these things linger around...ALL DAY LONG....is RIDICULOUS.

Why is it ridiculous?

You know that contrails are water - you've just said as much because you know how the phenomena occurs.

And as water it is effectively the same as clouds. Clouds can linger around all day long - so why can't contrails?

What i find even more ridiculous...is how some water vapor, turns a blue day, into a cloudy one. That's alot of freezing going on up there. Not sure why it doesn't burn off, during these hot days.

that would be because at 30,000+ feet it is not very hot - in fact it can be 60 or more degrees C below the temperature at ground level - it is called the "lapse rate" - how quickly the temperature drops with altitude. As a rule of thumb it is about 2 deg C per 1000 feet.

So at 30,000 feet you might expect a temperature of -40 deg C. How much evaporation do you expect at -40 deg C??!!

edit on 18-7-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

But contrails can do both. So again, what's the difference?

The difference was...it looked like the plane was on fire, without the flames; engulfed in smoke. I'd loooooove to hear your "opinions" regarding 9-11. Oh boy, would i.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
this video speaks for itself;

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

You guys are good at what you do...i'll tell you that much. Yeah, we know HOW the phenomenon occurs. Thanks for the science class. But, to sit there and say that these things linger around...ALL DAY LONG....is RIDICULOUS.

Why is it ridiculous?

Yoyu know that contrails aer water - you've jsut said as much because you know how the phenomena occurs.

And as water it is effectively teh same as clouds. Clouds can linger around all day long - so why can't contrails?

What i find even more ridiculous...is how some water vapor, turns a blue day, into a cloudy one. That's alot of freezing going on up there. Not sure why it doesn't burn off, during these hot days.

that would be bvecause at 30,00+ feet it is not very hot - in fact it can be 60 or more degrees C below the temperature at ground level - it is called the "lapse rate" - how quickly the temperature drops with altitude. As a rule of thumb it is about 2 deg C per 1000 feet.

So at 30,000 feet you might expect a temperature of -40 deg C. How much evaporation do you expect at -40 deg C??!!

Is ProudBird gonna come out and play, also??? hahahahahahahah You guys/girls...are too much. Nah, nothing to see here folks. All is well. TPTB have everything under "control".
No such thing as geo-engineering...weather manipulation. It's all a figment of your imagination. It's just an illu-sion.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Let's keep this simple.

Look at contrails as if they are clouds (which essentially, they are)

Clouds linger all day, clouds can be in one part of the sky and not others...

Do you think it's ridiculous that clouds can cover the whole sky all day? Using your logic, it should burn off and we never have an overcast or rainy day ever...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join