It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Challenge to Chemtrail Believers - Explain this 1969 Issue of Popular Science:

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinTruth

Wouldn't that...make it rain? Isn't it true, that WHAT GOES UP, MUST COME DOWN???? Matter of fact...aren't clouds stored up water?

Indeed they are - the whole atmosphere is stored water - clouds aer jsut the bits you can see.

And often as not they are not actually "coming down" either....looking outside my window I see scattered clouds not one of which appears to be "coming down".

What's the story with that?

How do you know they're not moving down, and evaporating, as they travel downward.[/quoet]

i don't - they jsut look stationary to me. So what?

Isn't the space shuttle protected to sustain the heat upon re-entry?

huh?? so clouds are the space shuttle??

And what happens to water, when you add heat?

It evaporates until it reaches 100% humidity for the atmosphere is it in, at which point the condensation and evaporation rates match and here is no discenrnable change in the body of water in question.

What happens to ice at -40 deg C?

edit on 19-7-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by SpittinTruth

You have no way of judging the altitude of the aircraft you see but you can try using this site to find out:
flightaware.com...

Actually, it's more a matter of relative humidity though temperature is important as well. Both of which are subject to change. It's called weather.

You mean, you have no way of judging distance 100% accurately. And that's a BIG difference. If i say go 50 yds....will you stop EXACTLY at 50 yards? Probably not! But, you'll be close. What's the difference between 35,000 feet, and 30,000 feet. Again, your logic makes no sense. Some of these planes seem alot closer than 30,000 feet; which is said to be the altitude to make contrails. Y'all are tooooooo much. 1 minute it's this..the next minute is that.

I'm glad to see they got some re-inforcement in you...Phage. I'm well aware of your tactics and your 'expertise' regarding space. Don't underestimate us "lurkers"! That's my best advice to you!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus

Originally posted by escritor
popular science is owned, run and controlled by masons. there, i just put a huge whole in your logic. look for the truth somewhere else. contrails and chemtrails are 2 different things. one is a natural, hot air from the engine hitting cold air high up in the sky and condensing and disappearing after a few seconds. just like your breath in the winter

See, no it's not. Contrails are the water in aircraft exhaust pushing ice supersaturated air into a water supersaturated state temporarily, hence condensing water, which freezes, and then continues to accrete ice in the ice-supersaturated environment. Totally different from your breath in the winter.

So, these water vapors turn into ice, and then???? Doesn't ice melt? Wouldn't that...make it rain? Isn't it true, that WHAT GOES UP, MUST COME DOWN???? Matter of fact...aren't clouds stored up water?

Ice does not melt if it's -40 degrees. It will sublimate (turn into a gas), if the humidity is low enough.

Clouds (and contrails) are made of trillions of tiny drops of water, or tiny ice crystals. They are so small that they are like dust or smoke, so they just hang in the air.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

How do you know they're not moving down, and evaporating, as they travel downward. Isn't the space shuttle protected to sustain the heat upon re-entry? And what happens to water, when you add heat?

You might want to think a little about that analogy. A cloud drifting slowly downwards is really not at all like the space shuttle in re-entry.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

What's the difference between 35,000 feet, and 30,000 feet.

5,000 feet, nearly a mile. More than enough to make the difference between contrails forming or not.
There is no cutoff altitude for contrail formation. It depends on pressure, temperature, and humidity. All of which vary with altitude and time.
edit on 7/19/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Wouldn't that...make it rain? Isn't it true, that WHAT GOES UP, MUST COME DOWN???? Matter of fact...aren't clouds stored up water?

Indeed they are - the whole atmosphere is stored water - clouds aer jsut the bits you can see.

And often as not they are not actually "coming down" either....looking outside my window I see scattered clouds not one of which appears to be "coming down".

How do you know they're not moving down, and evaporating, as they travel downward.[/quoet]

It evaporates until it reaches 100% humidity for the atmosphere is it in, at which point the condensation and evaporation rates match and here is no discenrnable change in the body of water in question.

The space shuttle was an EXAMPLE! You debunkers are classic at picking and choosing the parts you want people to read. You put stuff in big BOLD letters, and leave the irrelevant stuff, in little tiny letters. You're tactics are as plain as those chemtrails!

However, you still didn't answer my question...why were there NO TRAILS left behind the plane that just passed by???? 1st one all day! And no.....i'm no where CLOSE to an airport. And yes, it was APPROXIMATELY the same distance as yesterday's set of planes...that were constant...all day long!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

You mean, you have no way of judging distance 100% accurately. And that's a BIG difference. If i say go 50 yds....will you stop EXACTLY at 50 yards? Probably not! But, you'll be close. What's the difference between 35,000 feet, and 30,000 feet.

For two different size planes, you can't tell the difference between 30,000 and 35,000. It's hard enough if they are the same plane, like in this image:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

However, you still didn't answer my question...why were there NO TRAILS left behind the plane that just passed by???? 1st one all day! And no.....i'm no where CLOSE to an airport. And yes, it was APPROXIMATELY the same distance as yesterday's set of planes...that were constant...all day long!

Because the atmospheric conditions were different.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

.why were there NO TRAILS left behind the plane that just passed by????

Because atmospheric conditions were not conducive to contrail formation.

How hard is that to understand?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua

Eugenics and depopulation eh?

Well for all the omnicience you give these people their 'plan' doesn't seem to be working, we're comin up on 7 billion with no signs of slowing down.

Of course the mighty truth warrior that is Mr Jones would have you believe that the reason their plans aren't working is because people like you come on here and tell the rest of us to 'wake up'. Sure.

Riiiiiight. Cancer? What cancer? Pfft! Who do you work for???? Let me ask you this? How many more people would there be without World Wars, Abortion, starvation, etc, etc...

I'm still waiting to be 'enlightened' by you critics. I guess you can't see the overall picture? Do you know anything about the Georgia Guidestones? Heck, do you know anything about Hitler...besides "jews"? ahahahahah

Whats cancer got to do with it?

The georgia guidstones proove what exactly? I'll tell you what, they proove that there's one born every minute.

What do you know about Hitler beside what Mr Jones has told you?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by saige45
reply to post by nancyliedersdeaddog

I was totally joking. I forgot to add the part about it being sarcasm.

So this means that my sanity is showing through? Yikes, thats a scary thought.

-saige-

Your comment should be obvious sarcasm on almost any other site but now a days on ATS I have no clue haha.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

You mean, you have no way of judging distance 100% accurately. And that's a BIG difference. If i say go 50 yds....will you stop EXACTLY at 50 yards? Probably not! But, you'll be close. What's the difference between 35,000 feet, and 30,000 feet.

For two different size planes, you can't tell the difference between 30,000 and 35,000. It's hard enough if they are the same plane, like in this image:

Funny, i was just about to post your lovely picture. i may not be able to see a difference, but i can see those planes leaving a trail, at different altitudes, just as you have shown.

Here's the thing tho'....people like Bill Gates, Monsanto Co., and others were talking about geoengineering years ago. Kinda like people were talking about the idea of planes crashing into buildings, causing them to fall at free-fall speed. NO, excuse me, causing jet fuel to melt steel
while completely dustifying 2 100+ story buildings; which caused a fire in a 3rd building, making it collapse at free-fall speed; while defying physics!

I guess y'all aint smarter than that. What happened with ATS. It USED TO BE a GREAT way to find info. Now, it's filled with trolls and debunkers; and people looking for stars and flags. Some of you, should be on facebook. Denying Ignorance, is NOT FOR YOU!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

The space shuttle was an EXAMPLE! You debunkers are classic at picking and choosing the parts you want people to read. You put stuff in big BOLD letters, and leave the irrelevant stuff, in little tiny letters. You're tactics are as plain as those chemtrails!

I'm far from a expert but It's due to the atmosphere change

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

There you go again trying to drag 9/11 into it.

Do you have an infowars tattoo?

You're a believer mate, you swapped one golden calf for another.

Chemtrails today, eugenics tomorrow, depopulation the next day, the end is nigh blah blah, these are crazy times we live in blah blah......

Did you know that this song is really an illuminati psy-op?

edit on 19-7-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Funny, i was just about to post your lovely picture. i may not be able to see a difference, but i can see those planes leaving a trail, at different altitudes, just as you have shown.

I guess you didn't notice that those are all the same image...scaled to show how difficult it is to judge the altitude difference.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

That's because it's the same image, but scaled for the difference in altitude. The 35,000 ft plane is a bit smaller in the image than the 32,000 foot plane (the correct amount for the difference in altitude). But you'd not be able to notice that difference from the ground, especially if it were not the same type of plane.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by chadderson

EDIT: I am living in the new dustbowl (Indiana) and i witness these trails killing clouds on a daily basis. I have timelapsed pictures that show how when clouds reach a particular altitude, they just dessipate and die.

That's what clouds do without human intervention. You can't see the cloud vapor anymore at a certain altitude because it's either evaporating or crystalizing (and falling again). Clouds tend to stay in certain layers of the atmosphere unless a storm cloud creates the upward air currents to push them up tens of thousands of feet.

The climate is changing -- and that dust bowl is probably more due to Global Warming side effects than any spraying.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

You can't see the cloud vapor anymore at a certain altitude because it's either evaporating or crystalizing (and falling again).

What is "cloud vapor"?
Water vapor is invisible. Clouds are composed of water droplets or, if cold enough, ice crystals.

Clouds stop getting higher when the convective action which causes them stops. When the density of the rising air is equal to that of the surrounding air.
edit on 7/19/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Yeah, i brought 9-11 into the discussion. That's when the age of STUPIDITY and believing everything the government says, is true. Not sure why you contrail theorists...are so adamant with this topic. I wish you had as much passion, regarding 9-11. Then, maybe...we could get some where.

No eugenics doesn't exist, plans to depopulate doesn't exist. Everything is PEACHY KEEN!

Imma just wait another year, when these chemtrails become talked about, on a for real level, and their true purpose is revealed. I mean, they've already told us..what they're doing...we just believe these are their "plans" and their "plans" have yet to come to fruition. That...makes you pretty NAIVE!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
I see how this works now.

Debunker: "look at these thousands of scientific sources that explain why contrails are like clouds!"

Chemmie: " Your stupid, your a disinfo agent! I know what I see! i don't need your science, I have my chicken bones I can throw against the wall to find my truth!"

Clearly the chemmies have it right. Silly science.

In all seriousness, you're damn right.
edit on 19-7-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join