It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Challenge to Chemtrail Believers - Explain this 1969 Issue of Popular Science:

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Clothesyoureyes

Do you believe that he Earth is round (more or less), over 4.5 billion years old, and orbits the Sun?

Simple yes or no.

(think about it)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorazine

Why is that? Of all the aviators out there (im sure we have some on ATS as well) one of them should do this to put the theory to rest,I've heard of samples being tested and all kinds of weird things coming up, but as with everything else that could be easily faked.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarIce

Why is that? Of all the aviators out there (im sure we have some on ATS as well) one of them should do this to put the theory to rest,I've heard of samples being tested and all kinds of weird things coming up, but as with everything else that could be easily faked.

I have no idea- instead of asking for donations to make another movie- Michael Murphy should put his money where is mouth is and hire a plane to do just that:

www.weathermodification.com...

The only "samples" in the "chemtrail" meme have been taken on the ground...putting a jar on the hood of their car for 3 weeks or taking a sample of pound sludge and calling them 'chemtrail" samples..not exactly the most scientific approach

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Why is that? Of all the aviators out there (im sure we have some on ATS as well)

we do

one of them should do this to put the theory to rest,I've heard of samples being tested and all kinds of weird things coming up, but as with everything else that could be easily faked.

they all say that it's compete nonsense. But then, I hear they also think the world is round, so who can we trust?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Yeah I figured thats what most of the samples are, and reading on this Murphy fellow he does seem to be in it for the money (just like most everything else) . My take on this theory though is that we cant prove it right or wrong, sure theres evidence of contrails and how they are formed, but this theory suggests that normal contrails are a cover-up of not so normal contrails which are being used for a whole host of reasons. I've seen some weird things in the sky, but im not an expert in any means so I differently will not harp up chemtrails, It's just my only problem are the people who attack others for believing in this theory when they have clearly forgotten what site they are posting on

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clothesyoureyes
You seriously think that just because it's in a magazine means its the truth? Why in the world wouldn't they lie?
Regardless of whether it's true or untrue, a statement made in a widely circulated magazine that such and such is how it is... doesn't mean that's how it is. People will say anything if the price is right.
And it seems to me that their is ample evidence to support the theory that chemicals are being sprayed over most of the population of the United States and that they do indeed turn into clouds. But hey, a person can believe in anything they want. It doesn't bother me.
edit on 19-7-2012 by Clothesyoureyes because: Spelling

And where does the "ample" evidence of spaying come from? Should we really believe films like 'What in the World are they Spraying"?

The bottom line is that the battle cry of chemtrail believers has always been "trails never persisted before the 1990s, so any trail that persists today is a chemtrail, because contrails always dissipate relatively quickly".

This magazine article seems to rebuff that battle cry.

edit on 7/19/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

, I hear they also think the world is round

Are you implying you dont think it is? Dont get me wrong I nor anyone else on this site has been to space, so once again cant say for sure it is or isn't, im just interested on why you believe this? Is it possible to fall off the edge of the world? If so I would love to do it, maybe theres somewhere better below us (minus it being hell)
edit on 19-7-2012 by SolarIce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinTruth
How is it IRREFUTABLE??? Where are these FACTS and by whom? The same people EMPLOYED by the government, or the same ones ADMITTING they ARE spraying? Whether it be to block the suns rays or not; they're still SPRAYING. Also, do you THINK someone is gonna speak out? Man, where does the stupidity end? Yeah.....ok...those are "normal" persisting "contrails". Whatever you want to call them.

Nothing like seeing the sun disappear, on a PERFECTLY sunny day. Your "facts" are crap...and based on NOTHING!

Also, please explain this: why is MONSANTO's name, all over the place, when you RESEARCH regarding GEO-ENGINEERING?

Wow. You truly are a piece of work. Well, I guess you have got it all figured out. The world is flat. Chemtrails are real. Bigfoot lives in your neighborhood. And of course, science is wrong.

You deserve everything you get. I hope like hell that you go out in the world and express your views to everyone you see. If that laugh and walk away, it's because they agree with you. No, really.

Good luck in fantasy land.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Are you implying you dont think it is? Dont get me wrong I nor anyone else on this site has been to space, so once again cant say for sure it is or isn't, im just interested on why you believe this? Is it possible to fall off the edge of the world? If so I would love to do it, maybe theres somewhere better below us (minus it being hell)
edit on 19-7-2012 by SolarIce because: (no reason given)

Please find spittintruth and build a commune to live in. the two of you don't need to be around other people. Perhaps you could put some padding on the walls as well.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

If you disbelieve science, why would you believe science?

Why do you think the world is round? Have you travelled to the edge of the world to find out for yourself?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Oh cool because I said I believe the world is flat right? Please show me where I've given any claim in this thread about what I believe. Unlike people like you I enjoy to discuss opinions not attack everyone I dont agree with, If he believes the world is flat I want to know why, not say hurr durr your dumb and your logic is incorrect...sigh this site is suppose to deny ignorance, but it seems everyone here has forgot what this site represents...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

of course not, but like you I have my own beliefs, I've yet to hear of people falling off the world. I'm not calling you out on your beliefs I just want to know what makes you think it's flat?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nancyliedersdeaddog

I was totally joking. I forgot to add the part about it being sarcasm.

So this means that my sanity is showing through? Yikes, thats a scary thought.

-saige-

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

this theory suggests that normal contrails are a cover-up of not so normal contrails which are being used for a whole host of reasons. I've seen some weird things in the sky, but im not an expert in any means so I differently will not harp up chemtrails, It's just my only problem are the people who attack others for believing in this theory when they have clearly forgotten what site they are posting on

Actually- the predominant theme that is, in fact, the underlying premise of the entire theory is that "contrails dissipate- chemtrails don't". Its not that persistent contrails are a cover for "chemtrails"- its that contrails never did persist and spread and the only things that do are "chemtrails".

This has been the rallying cry and mantra for over 10yrs- If you see a persistent trail in the sky it HAS to be a "chemtrail" because contrails don't persist and spread like that...

the only problem is that that Belief is false...

The entire point of this thread was to show that even 40+ yrs ago people saw contrails persist and spread- understood what it was and even wrote articles about it...which again- undermines and indeed refutes the very premise that the entire "chemtrail" theory is based on...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarIce

I don't think it's flat. Because I accept the science.

You dispute the same science that says the world is round. How do you know that just as it's lying about those chemtrails above your heard it not also lying about the Earth orbiting the Sun?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus

Originally posted by poppycock
YO, OP! What are those lines in the sky in this picture? Or is it just my imagination running away with me?

They are contrails.

No that is Geo engineering in all its glamor provided in that video.

There is no other word for it.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorazine
Actually- the predominant theme that is, in fact, the underlying premise of the entire theory is that "contrails dissipate- chemtrails don't". Its not that persistent contrails are a cover for "chemtrails"- its that contrails never did persist and spread and the only things that do are "chemtrails".

Which is a bit like saying Bruce Springsteen writes 4 minute rock songs, therefore he couldn't have written Jungleland .... QED?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Well I've heard variations of this theory, the one you described as well as the one I referred to, I've even heard some say every contrail is a chemtrail, but the main points are most of the so called chemtrails are created by white planes, I've seen this myself. These white planes will backtrack, and sometimes even fly together. That seems pretty weird to me, but of course I know very little on flight patterns and atmosphere changes. The fact is I'm only lurking in this thread because, the chemtrail threads ALWAYS brings out the worse in people. You gots the debunker's who will scream their heads off at theorist who have already decided that they believe something is going on up there, and I mean honestly why is that so hard to believe? Governments are well known to do things undercover for any number of reasons, so why couldn't they be spraying something under the guise of normal contrails?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
No that is Geo engineering in all its glamor provided in that video.

There is no other word for it.
Regards, Iwinder

Technically yes. Such contrails do have an effect on atmospheric temperature so anyone who flies in a jet liner is contributing to "geoenginering", albeit in an inadvertant manner.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Governments are well known to do things undercover for any number of reasons, so why couldn't they be spraying something under the guise of normal contrails?

They certainly could be...its just that there is no evidence of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join