It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Target "Black Friday" Ad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Searching for a duvet cover for my husband's worn old comforter. I have been trying to find SOMEWHERE that sells realistically priced covers or cotton comforters (not that polyester crap)..
I ended up on the Target website and found this on the front page:

Seemed a little odd with the wording. A cursory search just brought up the usual results: The day after Thanksgiving, and a list of devastating worldwide events from previous years. Could be just a weird ad, or something deeper?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bastet11

I assume you know Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, has some of the best sales you will find during the year. At least from my experience. So they are saying "We want to have a second day this year where we give you the enormous savings on items like we do on the day after Thanks giving".

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I'm calling Al Sharpton.
2nd

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
www.examiner.com...

They also do it at walmart too

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This is also referred to as a Christmas-in-July sale. Nothing nefarious going on -- just a run of the mill retail marketing ploy.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
What about the white Fridays? And red? And yellow? And iridescent pink? I think it's time to call the FCLU (Fridays Civil Liberties Union) and boycott Target.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It's just another gimmick so that you part with money buying stuff that you don't really need. Mobs of shopping addicts selling out to another feeding frenzy of materialistic desires. BUY NOW.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I've been getting Target emails all week for "Black Friday" like savings. I don't shop Black Friday in November, not sure I'll shop it in July either.

Here's the graphic from today..... oooooo... black, white & red... they must be up to something....

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
This is also referred to as a Christmas-in-July sale. Nothing nefarious going on -- just a run of the mill retail marketing ploy.

Sure - that's what TPTB want us to believe.

How much did you get paid for this shilling??

top topics

join