It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's wrong with ATS of late?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
God forbid people ask for proof.

This.Especially when people make outlandish claims.It's easy to claim anything on the Internet.But I've found that most people(not just on ATS) won't ever offer one shred of proof of their claim,even after their thread has gone to a ridiculous amount of pages.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
There are some very sick, manipulative people on these boards. That is also part of the problem.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSnow
Something I've noticed about ATS of late, your a nut case if you:

Believe you have seen a UFO or E.T.
Believe in a God and are religious.
Believe in the Illuminati or the creation of a New World Order.
Believe or have seen a spirit or ghost.
Believe that the Apollo 11 moon mission was staged.
Believe B.O's birth certificate is not authentic.
Believe certain diseases such as H.I.V and H1N1 for example, are man made.
Believe that secret societies are running/ruining the world.
Believe that 9/11 was an inside Job and that the media are fear mongering and creating hate towards the middle east.

And the list goes on and on, what's the point of a conspiracy website if you're discriminated against every time you think outside the box?. One of the most common 'comebacks' I've come across is.."Where is your proof?", this type of behavior has got to stop. ATS is becoming a mad house!!

People want PROOF and frankly, I don't disagree with the statement. There are many people out running their mouth off about things without having any proof of anything they say. Are we just supposed to take their word for it ? That kind of TRUST is not easy to come by.

What's worse, is that a man spends 50+years of his life trying to uncover, solve and master a language and he gets jeered and boo'd by linguists and others who have not attempted on any scale to do what he has done. He may not have been schooled on languages, but he put more pieces together than all the linguists combined. That tells me alot. And on top of that, many inventions in this world we made by people who had no credentials or college degrees. That piece of paper is becoming more and more meaningless in todays world.

ATS has people on both sides of the fence on this particular subject matter.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Labrynth2012

What's worse, is that a man spends 50+years of his life trying to uncover, solve and master a language and he gets jeered and boo'd by linguists and others who have not attempted on any scale to do what he has done. He may not have been schooled on languages, but he put more pieces together than all the linguists combined. That tells me alot. And on top of that, many inventions in this world we made by people who had no credentials or college degrees. That piece of paper is becoming more and more meaningless in todays world.

This is my problem.... Hence i do not contribute much anymore.
edit on 18-7-2012 by hoonsince89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Yet another thread stating the obvious which will be 404'd soon enough..

Sadly this is becoming the norm....
RIP ATS, I knew thee well..

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
ATS originally drawn me in, not because of the nut jobs that believe in reptillians but because people dared to question the truth. I have no doubt that a lot of topics are resultant of paranoia but there are a very select few topics that leave so many questions unanswered. It is just a shame that these topics are getting fewer and farther between.

I joined up originally through watching the 9/11 videos and was mesmorised by them, however I now know that there is a lot of attention seekers too.

Your correct, it has changed. I remember when we had posts on this site people would discuss it and many times logically go down to prove or disprove the idea. I haven't seen alot of the old guys that I used to see posting and many of them that do post I'm not getting an alert via my email on the site even though I'm still friends with them. It's almost as if they are trying to get rid of the individuals who are able to think and keep the group on subject to figure out the problems and issues. I remember the Norway spiral 3 years ago, a handful of us and others where able to put enough evidence out there to say it was made by Europe's version of the HAARP.

To be honest with you godlikeproductions has more stuff and people commenting on conspiracy and all the stuff we used to talk about on ATS than it is doing today. ATS has changed and it hasn't changed for the good.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Yeah, of course anybody who disagrees with the CTers here MUST be a shill. There can be no other answer, can there?

Shill is more used than racism.

So why does a person have to agree with you guys?

The truth of the matter people don't have to agree with you.

And it's just as arrogant to demand that people agree with you as the logic people demanding everybody to use logic. Or theists to demand that people become Christian and believe their claims. And so on and so forth.

You're not non-conformists, you're just conforming to another group.

You know something, if you really want people to agree with you, you need to back your stuff up with facts and reason, and treat people with respect. Calling people shills all the time doesn't win respect, it only drives people away.

And that's why the mainstream society can't accept you.

edit on 18-7-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear

Never thought I would ever see the world developing in a backwards state in such a short space of time since the introduction of the World Wide Web.......................So much for technology eh!!!!!!!!!!

It's called devolution Mr. Oranganaut

P.S. no proof, just opinion

Now everyone lighten up and find your niche!!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

I think it has more to do with how you view debate and are you tolerant of others opinions. I often see two sides hurling mud with both sides behaving equally bad and accusing the other of doing what they are doing themselves.

How can you glean fact from fiction without debate?

It is also true that we see posts from people who are clearly not of reasonable sensitivities due to hate or even mental illness. This is a Conspiracy Board and it's a given that only a few are actually true.

Some want truth, others prefer fantasy. Some are in fact mental and I say that without malice.

Asking for proof is actually smart and it is a given that it's the person who is making the claims responsibility to provide the evidence.
edit on 7/18/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Precisely

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
So... what's wrong with being a nutcase?

There's a very thin line between genius and insanity:
Genius vs Insanity
edit on 19-7-2012 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Some people don't post on threads to debate, they do it to insult. I mean if one were to claim that they were an extra terrestrial, asking them to post proof is the norm and I agree with that. When someone claims they suffered a stroke or are unwell..."Pics or it didn't happen" are the first replies.

Members are posting here speaking on equality, yet some of them have posted the most offensive replies I have ever read. Hypocritical if you ask me, and I'm not going to mention anyone. I haven't broken any of the T&C's so this thread will not be deleted.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

on what one of these topics can one show proof of non existence, same question over and over, same answer over and over why argue over prof and start trying to find prof as two interested party's instead of one part neysaying and one yeahsaying when u deny something you take no steps further than that denial and only have info that people bring to the naysayers with out the process of finding info for yourself i guess what im trying to get at is no is so final , were yes is open to endless possibilities, there were once men that said no the earth is flat because they had no info that proved otherwise. whomever first figured out the world was not flat did so by pushing past the facts that were available.

dude, your entire rambling paragraph was almost entirely one sentence and complete nonsense. no surprise.. i have seen you often be an always present, off-subject troll, always siding against every critique of ats's disintegrating structure as a vibrant forum. mods become bullies when confronted with the same issues. the most interesting and contriversial threads appear to fade or are deleted, while nasty trolls with no semblance of open mind are given free reign. ats can delete people or threads or follow a plan to dilute content, but its a poor plan in the long term. still, it doesnt look like any trend is changing. the least they could do is update format, search engines, profiles, etc. at least i like the new homepage.. *shrugs*

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Exv8densez

As the old bright members are leaving

Gotta agree. Look at my post count. Not that much really, but I have been researching this stuff for a long time now. The post count will give you a sense of how long it took before I got discouraged. Indeed this is only the second time I have been on this site in the last six months and for the exact reason you mention.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Some things cannot so far be proven. Are we to self censor to the point that we can no longer discuss these matters? Kinda counter-intuitive for a conspiracy site.

Pictures or it didn't happen when you are describing a conversation you had with a customer at your bar. Pictures of what? This is merely forum-ese for shut up, shut up!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sirbadazz

dude,

Don't feed the trolls man, they keep coming back and they are stinky. I figure if a guy doesn't have the decency to try to use punctuation, or Caps, or even start a new sentence... If it's hard to make sense of it, I don't waste my time reading it, or responding to it. You get what you give.
edit on 19-7-2012 by Ittabena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

IMO people like RealSpoke is one of the reasons why ATS has become like this, he seems to only chime in to a thread just to put a turd in the punch bowl.
edit on 19-7-2012 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

This.Especially when people make outlandish claims.It's easy to claim anything on the Internet.But I've found that most people(not just on ATS) won't ever offer one shred of proof of their claim,even after their thread has gone to a ridiculous amount of pages.

I see lots of threads on here every day where the OP gives as much proof as they possibly can, considering the subjects on here revolve around ET's, supernatural phenomena and conspiracy in government how much "proof" do you think the general public has on these subjects? Not a hard question to answer.

Maybe they should just shut their mouth right?

The ironic part is that most of these people asking for proof or simply berating the OP rarely ever supply their own proof and come up with the most contrived information to try to discredit it.
edit on 19-7-2012 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join