It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's wrong with ATS of late?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Something I've noticed about ATS of late, your a nut case if you:

Believe you have seen a UFO or E.T.
Believe in a God and are religious.
Believe in the Illuminati or the creation of a New World Order.
Believe or have seen a spirit or ghost.
Believe that the Apollo 11 moon mission was staged.
Believe B.O's birth certificate is not authentic.
Believe certain diseases such as H.I.V and H1N1 for example, are man made.
Believe that secret societies are running/ruining the world.
Believe that 9/11 was an inside Job and that the media are fear mongering and creating hate towards the middle east.

And the list goes on and on, what's the point of a conspiracy website if you're discriminated against every time you think outside the box?. One of the most common 'comebacks' I've come across is.."Where is your proof?", this type of behavior has got to stop. ATS is becoming a mad house!!

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

You're not the only one! This site has been tooken over by government shills! As the old bright members are leaving, the newbes that just got on the conspiracy bandwagon become easier targets for their debunking!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
God forbid people ask for proof.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
ATS originally drawn me in, not because of the nut jobs that believe in reptillians but because people dared to question the truth. I have no doubt that a lot of topics are resultant of paranoia but there are a very select few topics that leave so many questions unanswered. It is just a shame that these topics are getting fewer and farther between.

I joined up originally through watching the 9/11 videos and was mesmorised by them, however I now know that there is a lot of attention seekers too.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Can I use your thread as a reference?

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Look out here they come! All the mods that never seem to be around when you need them will be here promptly to tell you to be the change that you want to see. They will also deny that the quality of this site has gone down as of late, period.

Also a lot of newbies will be on your case.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
We all float down here Georgie.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Provide sufficient evidence, proof, information, and sources if necessary. Compile a thoughtful, intelligent thread. There are some highly speculative threads that were incredibly trashed which ended up as main topics on ATS live. ATS to me is a respectable and challenging forum and that is why I come back. I would rather have a forum that challenges the more speculative ideas and conspiracy's than a forum that blindly eats up everything anyone said. The people who challenge you or your ideas are a part of the balance that makes ATS a great website. Dish it out, but be able to take it. Ignore the trolls, and engage the interested.

There's nothing wrong.

ETA:

The people who want sources or proof are people who actually want to believe most of the time. They are digging for more information too. Your job as the OP is to provide them with as much as necessary. As far as threads on personal experience or ideas you can't link or prove, make the post interesting and detailed. Sources are not always necessary to illicit a great response from the readers.
edit on 18-7-2012 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
It's an election year.

WHich means a lot of people are coming here to only discuss politics and the conspiracy theory takes a back seat.

They don't care for it, they find it amusing so they troll those forums.

Also it's summer, happens every year.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I discovered this site back in 2001, so I have been reading threads for years I only became a member a few months ago. I agree that topics in the last few months have been well boring....

Also has anyone noticed that when a really interesting or "out there" topic comes up after a few hours its gone, never to be discussed again...?

Makes me wonder has this site been bought by TPTB? and now they feed us a spoonful of honey while they hold the jar.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Drones...
Anyways:

Everyone trolls a little bit. I try to base mine strictly on humor or logic (hopefully). I think some posts are shills yes, but people are allowed to disagree. Some, however, lack the decency or intelligence to due it politely. If you make a statement be prepared to first, defend it and second, ignore the a$$es.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bourbon2nite

We all know what to expect on ATS, can't wait for it!

reply to post by ValentineWiggin

At times some of the more respected members will come out with a personal experience and still get ridiculed. I agree with most of your post but unfortunately at times gathering enough evidence or smoking gun proof is almost impossible.

reply to post by tothetenthpower

Thank you for not telling me to become the change I want to see!
. On a more serious note, your right with the upcoming elections.
edit on 18-7-2012 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
God forbid people ask for proof.

on what one of these topics can one show proof of non existence, same question over and over, same answer over and over why argue over prof and start trying to find prof as two interested party's instead of one part neysaying and one yeahsaying when u deny something you take no steps further than that denial and only have info that people bring to the naysayers with out the process of finding info for yourself i guess what im trying to get at is no is so final , were yes is open to endless possibilities, there were once men that said no the earth is flat because they had no info that proved otherwise. whomever first figured out the world was not flat did so by pushing past the facts that were available.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I also wanted to say about my above comment I'm not trying to single you out. I looked over some of your OP's and in my opinion you have done a good job on some threads that ended up overlooked, and it happens to all of us. My comment was towards those in which you are defending in this thread mainly. I don't know which specific threads you are speaking of so it was a general opinion.

There are some high expectations here of thread content which is what initially drew me to this site. Go look over some of the top threads of all time, some people put months of research into their threads and I might be presumptuous in saying this but I would imagine those people might look over threads "beating a dead horse" with no new information or fresh outlook.

Then there are the trolls. We all know what they do, and we all deal with them. Notice who is making you angry, look at their post history, figure out of they are genuinely challenging the thread or it's just something they do to get their rocks off on a regular basis.

Aliens/911/Apollo etc are classic conspiracy debates that have been dug into like nothing else. This has lead to a great divide between believers and non-believers, as it very well should. I believe there are just as many believers as non if you don't include trolls, and all you can do is try to cater to those who are on your side. Consider a challenge a success, because if no one cared they wouldn't bother to reply. Then handle that challenge by engaging in an intelligent non-inflammatory debate. If we all did this, there would be less of these threads.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

reply to post by ValentineWiggin

At times some of the more respected members will come out with a personal experience and still get ridiculed. I agree with most of your post but unfortunately at times gathering enough evidence or smoking gun proof is almost impossible.

This is absolutely true. WHO exactly are they being ridiculed by? If it's a religious topic, they walked in front of that train all by themselves, no one pushed them. Be aware the OP can't control the responses, and often times they can get out of hand on this topic especially. I doubt you will find one thread in the Above section that hasn't been ridiculed at some point. Respected member or not, they can't control the responses but they absolutely can control their own. Just sayin.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I guess that this subject has been played out.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
New rule. You must have proof for every thread and post you author. No exceptions.

You can now close ATS permanently.

This site is about exploring possibilities. It's about questioning, analyzing, and vetting ALL sources of information fairly, and to the best of our ability. That means we don't throw out sources or theories based on our worldview. It means we challenge each other and ourselves to look beyond our own bias.

Denying ignorance starts with the person you look at in the mirror each morning.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Guess, I'm a nut case.

Least I live up to it.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I think that this has been covered before.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I believe that people have just got bored liking and sharing posts on sites such as Facebook and Twitter. These so called social networking sites have more or less had their day and people are waiting for a new idea to come to the fore to keep people happy for another couple of years. Now they just randomly run a muck writing and reducing other sites such as ATS into the same pile of poo.

At one time, the sharing of info including thoughts, feelings and ideas on topics such as conspiracy theories, aliens, UFO's, religion and the like here on ATS were well put together, well structured and thought out posts. Now it seems as if the websites such has ATS have all been taken over by kids still in kindergarten and have not got the intelligence to even write their own name.........

Never thought I would ever see the world developing in a backwards state in such a short space of time since the introduction of the World Wide Web.......................So much for technology eh!!!!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join