It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I used to like Penn and Teller until I saw this video

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
It's important to view cases from many different angles.
Here we have George Bush's testimony, and then contradicting video footage.

Why - My Pet Goat happens to be a very strange little book.

The children were chanting "Kite. Hit. Steel. Plane. Must."

Is that not a little strange to anyone?

Always did wonder what Kite stood for, however.
edit on 19-7-2012 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

Uhh no, no. That is not what was being read at all:

Here is a part of the story:
My Pet Goat

Hell you can also see it here:

At 1:47-1:48 You can see: kit, kite, playing, steal, must.

This whole thing is another made up piece of garbage created by the "truthers". Another lie. Not saying you did it, but you have been lied to by who ever created that lie in the first place. And this is why truthers are not taken seriously and P&T do what they do.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

It's not really fact though. Yes everything points to an inside job. But it's all been covered up. So there's no 100% difinitive proof of a conspiracy. It's all just a theory still. All we see still is the planes hitting the towers then it appearing as if that caused enough damage to cause the collapse. So that still stands as the reason as to way.

Personally I think it was an energy weapon. Because most of the building turned to dust and got blown away by the wind. That's not even controlled demo. Controlled demo the whole building falls to the ground, it doesn't all turn into dust the way they appeared to. Youtube: Judy Wood

edit on 19-7-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Well, one thing is for certain: If the wealthy duo were to tape a show siding against the OS, they would not be working anymore. Extortion is far more useful of a tool than 'inheritance' ever will be. Penn and Teller know exactly how worthless they would be if they did or said anything differently than what they did.

I don't like the phlegm soaked voice of the guy with the hair on his chin. Not liking the voice has kept me from hearing what he says, when he was entertaining us, on the television monitors, in days past. I especially don't like that he says f you, almost as some if sort of emotional fortification to his OS crack licking exploits, while putting down us zombies who won't go along with the orders from kontrol. This is a pathetic presentation by a couple of guys who I pretty much ignore regardless of the new sounds they make while feeding at the trough.

This is hard to listen to, and I won't hear them again. Just not interested in their work, or politics. Thanks for the heads up, OP. I really don't need coke choked funny boys on loan from hollywood or wherever trying to straighten out my perceptions. F em all.
edit on 19-7-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I like Penn and Teller, their magic routines are awesome, massive amounts of skill and humor.

I even like most of their "BS" shows, and their "Fool US" series is great too.

But even if I don't agree with them in this one isnatnce, I still like them. I mean everyone has the right to their own opinion and I don't agree with anoyone on every issue. So no big deal. But I can't lie when I say I was a bit dissapointed with them after watching this many , many months ago. I thought they for sure would be able to see through the 9/11 coverup.

I also have a nagging feeling they may have sold out on this one. I know they are smarter than this. So who knows.

Either way P&T are still amazing magicians and funny as hell.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by Monger
Brilliant. Kudos to Penn and Teller. Your response to the video is typical of somebody who just can't handle hearing an opinion different than your own - I used to like _____ until they said _____.

It's about respect. I cannot respect people who attack others and deny the evidence offered to them.

I also don't support people who will refuse any questioning of government because it's scary. They're like little children thinking there might be a monster under the bed, and would rather p*ss themselves than go to the bathroom.

Is it just me who sees the irony in this post?
Really? Just me....?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This topic has come up before. I agree with the OP and I remember in another discussion making the observation that having two illusionists backing the Bush administration's take on 9/11 is a subtle piece of wit.

Penn Gillette is an obnoxious blowhard, but having said that, those guys are much too smart to really believe the OS.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Pardon?

No, no...not just you

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

I think you are on to something, Nola 213.

Vincent Bugliosi is much too smart to think that Lee Harvey Oswald was the lone assassin of JFK, but that didn't stop him from re-arguing that case in his book Reclaiming History. Was he bought? Was he blackmailed? Or is he just what Jim Marrs calls an "aginner"?

I think Penn and Teller are in the same bag as Bugliosi. Only they know why they are doing this.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Wonderer2012

I hate the arrogance of those who blindly trust the official story, and I hate ignorance in all its forms. If there is a single person on Earth who can truly look at the events of 9/11 and not have some serious questions they are, in my estimation, retards.

I don't care what someone thinks happened, no sane person can dispel all of the suspicious events surrounding 9/11. The official story does not answer most of the important questions, and therefore anyone who attacks others for daring to think about it or express their concern is a pretty messed up person.

Penn and Teller are now officially retards in my book. If they can seriously hold such pathetic views they are either deluded idiots or just trolls looking for attention - neither option is gonna get my support.

They just lost a fan.

Perhaps when you have grown up you will realise that people thinking differently to you does not make them retards. Your lack of realising that may probably make you one though.... perhaps you should think that through before believing your opinion is the only one that counts - don't you think?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

That means that we can rule that out as an option on 9/11, since there was no explosive noise recorded on cameras.

That's not true, there were multiple recordings and witnesses including firemen and police.

That being said it, let the debate now rage on over whether they were actually explosives or the sound of floors pancaking.

To speak to the video, though, I still have love for P&T, definitely support his opinions on the TSA although I think he's off the mark with 9/11.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
I like Penn and Teller, their magic routines are awesome, massive amounts of skill and humor.

I even like most of their "BS" shows, and their "Fool US" series is great too.

But even if I don't agree with them in this one isnatnce, I still like them. I mean everyone has the right to their own opinion and I don't agree with anoyone on every issue. So no big deal. But I can't lie when I say I was a bit dissapointed with them after watching this many , many months ago. I thought they for sure would be able to see through the 9/11 coverup.

I also have a nagging feeling they may have sold out on this one. I know they are smarter than this. So who knows.

Either way P&T are still amazing magicians and funny as hell.

I agree with you here. Shows that make the air are 'guided' shall we say. I would argue both Penn and Teller are very intelligent, so do they believe what they're saying here?

Another poster commented that if they supported the 'truthers' then they wouldn't make money out of the show! He makes a valid point.

I's not even that I disagree with their argument, it's just the agenda they are following, whether they realise it or not, they are associating conspiracy theorists with being paranoid, delusional etc. This is age old in making sure people stop asking questions, because to ask questions is to become a 'conspiracy theory nutter'. That's what I find sad about it.

I certainly wouldn't dislike someone for supporting the official version of 9/11, I just don't like shills, or those who act like shills, and that is what Penn and Teller do in this video, they sell out.
edit on 19-7-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by hooper
reply to post by Grambler

I would just laugh and argue with them right back, and probably share a beer with them afterwards. (Oh yeah, Penn doesn't drink)

Here, I think this is the only problem with the old "let bygones be bygones" approach to this particular conspiracy theory.

Most conpiracy theories other than 9/11 simply involve the actions of powerful people in powerful positions and I am more than willing to let them defend themselves or accept being thought of as part of a conspiracy as part of the territory for being a powerful and sometime public figure. You want to suggest that LBJ had something to do with the assisination of JFK? Fine, go ahead. But with so many of the 9/11 "theories" they require us to believe that many average citizens and even the families of the victims are in on the "inside job". Attacking and accusing innocent folks that have little or no way to defend themselves is not something that can be easily set aside.

Hooper, I sure see your name in these 911 forums a lot. Actually, you and a handful of others...who seem more than slightly obsessed with setting everyone else "straight" on the conspiracy theories, can make some really good points and help keep things grounded when the dis-info is on over-drive in the conspiracy theory world. However, you guys also seem to be on a mission to dispel what does appear to be the occasional legit concerns over inconsistencies in official stories; then sometimes you throw something out there that really has me scratching my head...something that makes me think you really ARE obsessed, OR, have an agenda which I won't go into....lol.

Anyway, right now, case in point, I'm referring to your above post. I generally pay attention to what's being said to dispute the "official" story, but, I don't ever recall "attacks" on 911 victims in the context you seem to imply. I've heard the occasional remark about the "faked" cell phone calls etc. but really...you make it sound like the conspiracy folks are blaming the victims as opposed to the "powerful people". Look, if you are going to try to set everyone straight on this 911 business, at least don't try to look like you are blatantly steering people wrong. I actually kind of find it offensive...and I start to question whether you really want to sincerely correct those who question the 911 report. Good day, sir.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated
Penn & Teller also made fun of the people who were against GMO food. That should tell you where their loyalties lie.

exactly
also note that the ones jumping on op and detachedindividual
are exhibiting the exact same behavior being decried here

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

reply to post by Wonderer2012

I hate the arrogance of those who blindly trust the official story, and I hate ignorance in all its forms. If there is a single person on Earth who can truly look at the events of 9/11 and not have some serious questions they are, in my estimation, retards.

I don't care what someone thinks happened, no sane person can dispel all of the suspicious events surrounding 9/11. The official story does not answer most of the important questions, and therefore anyone who attacks others for daring to think about it or express their concern is a pretty messed up person.

Penn and Teller are now officially retards in my book. If they can seriously hold such pathetic views they are either deluded idiots or just trolls looking for attention - neither option is gonna get my support.

They just lost a fan.

But yet, the possibility that they are right, can not be a possibility? Besides this subject, have you ever disagreed with them previously? Or is this the first?

nope,
because most people who defend the OS
are the same doofuses that do the same thing every 4 years [vote]
and expect a different result.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
It is simple these guys really don't give a sh*& about 9/11 or GMO foods or anything else they talk about on their television show. They create a story about each topic they would like to convey to the audience and then go out and find people to "interview" that fit into this narrative. That's where you get these guys who, while having these steadfast beliefs, are clearly a bit off kilter. Then throw in a firefighter for the emotional tug at the heartstrings and finish off with a professor type who explains how conspiracy theories are cobbled together gobbily gook. And poof you have a tv show, it's like magic! And what about these two makes them experts on 9/11 anyway?

Now don't go thinking that I believe circular disks covered in holographic images controlled by the Illuminati, who are controlled by their reptilian overlords, smashed into the towers as a way to usher in a new age of darkness because I don't. However the official story is a flaming pile of, as Penn & Teller so eloquently phrase it, Bull Sh*&.

edit on 19-7-2012 by bphi1908 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

I have never voted. Voting only encourages them.

I do defend logic against lunacy.

Truthers have no logic.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Good job, Penn an Teller. You interviewed 40 Truthers and picked the 2 who made the least sense and were the least articulate so you could mock them in a voice-over.

Bravo.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasonicFantom
Good job, Penn an Teller. You interviewed 40 Truthers and picked the 2 who made the least sense and were the least articulate so you could mock them in a voice-over.

Bravo.

Very well put

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I love George Carlon, he was a master wordsmith.
Here is another comedian who spoke Truth and passed too soon, Richard Jeni.

If you are on the far Left or the far Right...you know what you've done? You've gone too far!

Richard Jeni
edit on 20-7-2012 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by waypastvne

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

I have never voted. Voting only encourages them.

I do defend logic against lunacy.

Truthers have no logic.

logic is blind, and often leads you into the trap of believing you know.
-Bene Gesserit aphorism

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.
-from The Sayings of Muad'Dib by the Princess Irulan

Answers are a perilous grip on the universe. They can appear sensible yet explain nothing.

- The Zensunni Whip

Ultimately, all things are known because you want to believe you know.

- Zensunni koan

so i guess that as a falsehooder or faker you have only ignorance on your side

edit on 20-7-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join