It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I used to like Penn and Teller until I saw this video

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
It's important to view cases from many different angles.
Here we have George Bush's testimony, and then contradicting video footage.

Why - My Pet Goat happens to be a very strange little book.

The children were chanting "Kite. Hit. Steel. Plane. Must."

Is that not a little strange to anyone?

Always did wonder what Kite stood for, however.
edit on 19-7-2012 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
this site is full of sheeple. baahaa baaaaa

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by repeatoffender

is that all you have to offer don't you have anything constructive to offer

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

tell it to a friend of mine who is a fireman who was picking up body parts at the pentagon. I have one or two questions on 911 but the facts far outweigh the ignorance i see in responses here.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Now what would involving the children in 911 accomplish?? OMG you people are something else.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

do you want to share your facts about 911 then instead of saying you people are something else

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
i've only read the first page of replies.

and from what i can see, ATS has been reduced to people raising an issue then if someone makes a valid comment that another person does not like, it just degenerates into sinde comments and thinly veiled attacks on peoples personalities and mental states.

grow up.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by nrd101
Hooper if you really believe the "official story" of 9/11 then I feel sorry for you. My heart go out to those that cannot fathom they're own government being complicit in a false flag terror operation. We have a track record of false flags, we do it, its history's record now, we can't deny that. who pays you to write such things. I guess you are just ill-informed, and that's not unreasonably, actually for someone who visits ats it is. if you can't see the forest through the trees I'm not going to argue with you about it.

Save your sympathy. Give it to those who are really suffering around the world. Seriously, pick your battles. This one will never be won. In fact, the other side wont even engage you(the govt or whomever you blame).

Some people, when they run into a brick wall will be logical enough to go around it. Others will bang their heads into it until the day they die.

Not saying I believe anything in this thread, just saying.
edit on 19-7-2012 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-7-2012 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated
Penn & Teller also made fun of the people who were against GMO food. That should tell you where their loyalties lie.

Yes, the 9/11 and the GMO episodes really turned me off from the rest of their show. I still love a lot of their episodes, because most of it is fun to watch, but sometimes you have to wonder. They used the same style as you just said, "made fun" of people who don't like GMO, made them out to be kooks this and that.

They are all over the place, and it's bizarre. For instance they attacked the "Homeowner's Associations" and the neighborhoods that use eminent domain on people for having grass 1 inch too high, and stuff like that. Great I say, go after that please. Yet then they attack people who are wary of GMO... hmm.

It's like they have to give in to an "Establishment - Quota" if they want to keep their show on the air.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Always did wonder what Kite stood for, however.

could be this:-

en.wikipedia.org...

or maybe this:-

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by seethetruth
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

do you want to share your facts about 911 then instead of saying you people are something else

I come to ATS to hear about new information. Not re-hash old arguments that lead nowhere. I can think of many better, more constructive ways to spend my time. You can read hundreds of threads about this and get both sides of the story. I live in DC and have friends in New York. My knowledge is first and second hand. I choose to make up my own mind and not be influenced by every story I read on the internet or see on the news.

If there is any truth to the conspiracy theories then it will come out one day. If not then arguing about it for years is a real waste. Keep up the investigation and let me know when you crack the case or even get the other side to engage you. Until then I will continue to believe that the NY incident could have been avoided if WE hadnt elected a moron to lead us and that it was in fact a plane with living breathing people that hit the Pentagon. (Personal friend was there and other friends were in Crystal City VA that saw the plane)

Again, the Pentagon incident happened while rush hour was still winding down. If you've ever been there you would understand how obvious it was to thousands of people who were sitting in traffic on Route 395 and others in the high rises within a half mile or so of the Pentagon. Not to mention a friend who was there cleaning up the peices of human flesh scattered all over the place.

Have a great day.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by seethetruth
reply to post by repeatoffender

is that all you have to offer don't you have anything constructive to offer

yes , thats about it realy. I Can Name Fingers and Point Names, but I dont realy care anymore about 9/11, its become a kind of macabre joke. a joke similar to that of JFK or the Iran contra affair or CIA in panama and afghanistan in the 80's.
Point is, the people who believe the official story will keep believing it and the ones that dont, even though we have a international group of architects and engineers backing us now and investigating, are still going to be labled crazy.

www.ae911truth.org...

edit on 19-7-2012 by repeatoffender because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Penn and Teller are a holes. I used to like them before they started getting political and taking on things they didn't understand and calling them scams. They are professional scammers so they think everyone else is too. They attack anything they do not understand without testing the thing they say is a scam.

Time will prove just how stupid Penn is. He is a loose cannon that thinks he is infallible. He attacks others to make himself look better instead of trying to disprove them scientifically. I can't stand his arrogance and outright belligerence. I don't care if you like being fooled by fools and want to support their retarded scams. I don't like them and that is MY right as is my right to disagree with my government who has lied to me.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

You must not be using the aluminum/iron mixture I know as thermite. It burns at 6,000 degrees. Steel melts at 2,500 degrees. I have seem thermite cut steel. I have made it many times. put a cup full on a steel I beam and in no time it will burn a hole straight through it. They use it to weld railroad rails together. I have seen it done.

Several 50 pound sacks of thermite wrapped around a steel beam (preferably at level with a concrete floor)will most certainly melt it into a puddle. The steel will be 6,000 degrees once the reaction is over and it will take some time for it to cool down.

Do not question me about explosives and other intense chemical reactions. I have been making and using them since I was 12. If it explodes I know how to make it and how to use it properly.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

No offense but some of the complex mental gymnastics that some 9/11 guys put forth to make their point is astounding.
Even when faced with evidence, pictures and eye witnesses.

I didn't watch the video. But I can understand the frustration.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ookie

Several 50 pound sacks of thermite wrapped around a steel beam (preferably at level with a concrete floor)will most certainly melt it into a puddle. The steel will be 6,000 degrees once the reaction is over and it will take some time for it to cool down.

The steel will be 6000 degrees too huh? You might want to check on steel properties and the temps that it boils away, turns to vapor, etc.

Cuz what you're saying is similar to saying that ice melts at 32 degrees, but if you put ice in a pan over a 400 degree flame, it'll heat up past its boiling point of 212 degrees.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire
Some sections of the heaviest core beams were bent, in the space of ten seconds, into horseshoe shapes without even so much as a crack on their surfaces, exposed to foundry-level temperatures. In Ten Seconds....

I've seen this claim a number of times now. Do you actually have a source that proves that steel cannot bend that way under the stress of hundreds of thousands of tons of weight collapsing?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

reply to post by Varemia

You must not be using the aluminum/iron mixture I know as thermite. It burns at 6,000 degrees. Steel melts at 2,500 degrees. I have seem thermite cut steel. I have made it many times. put a cup full on a steel I beam and in no time it will burn a hole straight through it. They use it to weld railroad rails together. I have seen it done.

Do not question me about explosives and other intense chemical reactions. I have been making and using them since I was 12. If it explodes I know how to make it and how to use it properly.

I've seen the cutter charge video. In order to actually cut a beam as large as the ones in the WTC, it made the same explosive noise most explosives make. That means that we can rule that out as an option on 9/11, since there was no explosive noise recorded on cameras.

I agree that what you propose might be feasible, but I can't get over the fact that you're talking about some pretty big sacks of thermite. Considering the floors that were under construction or unoccupied in the towers, there would be no potential to get the incendiary to multiple floors. In my opinion, if there was a conspiracy to take down the towers, all that was necessary was an initiation of collapse. No further explosives were necessary.

Now, this is ignoring the plane impact and fires, which I feel would have had an effect on the area, especially since the towers collapsed exactly where the planes hit. I just can't ignore things just to believe the conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fluffaluffagous

The steel will be 6000 degrees too huh? You might want to check on steel properties and the temps that it boils away, turns to vapor, etc.

Cuz what you're saying is similar to saying that ice melts at 32 degrees, but if you put ice in a pan over a 400 degree flame, it'll heat up past its boiling point of 212 degrees.

Ummmm, no it won't.

Ice (and water) is an excellent insulator for that very reason. Any excessive heat applied to it just melts, or boils, or in extreme cases sublimes the water to the next phase. It doesn't raise the temperature of the ice above 32 degrees or the temperature of water above 212 degrees. There are some specific circumstances where it is possible to create a super-heated or super-cooled material, but those are very rare and volatile.

If you put a pan of ice over a 400 degree flame, you will have 32 degree ice, and water ranging from 33 degrees to 212 degrees, and gas escaping at 212+ degrees. You won't have superheated ice or water.
edit on 19-7-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Apologies to those who replied and actually understood the point I was kind of clearly making.

It seems through skimming over most did not see the point.

My personal beef with this video is not their argument (although there isn't much they present), it is the manner and very deliberate tactics that they are using.

It is called ASSOCIATION.

So they present a 'truther', and then call him a '#ing asshole', 'crazy nut' etc.

It's a tactic used to make people associate conspiracy theorists with undesirable people. It sways people to not ask questions because they will be in danger of being labelled a lunatic or delusional imbecile etc.

Surely to God people can see this?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join