It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA Spies On Whistleblowers’ Personal Information …

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
While the surveillance was intended to protect trade secrets for companies like G.E., it may have done just the opposite. The data posted publicly by the F.D.A. contractor — and taken down late Friday after inquiries by The Times — includes hundreds of confidential documents on the design of imaging devices and other detailed, proprietary information.

The posting of the documents was discovered inadvertently by one of the researchers whose e-mails were monitored. The researcher did Google searches for scientists involved in the case to check for negative publicity that might hinder chances of finding work. Within a few minutes, the researcher stumbled upon the database.

“I couldn’t believe what I was seeing,” said the researcher, who did not want to be identified because of pending job applications. “I thought: ‘Oh my God, everything is out there. It’s all about us.’ It was just outrageous.”

Regulators and Politicians Work Hard … to Protect Corporate Wrongdoing and Smear Whistleblowers

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by maxella1

Outrageous, isn't it? Government agencies, like the FDA and EPA, supposed to protect the public from corporate greed, are now protecting the corporations from public inquiry and outcry.

And how could it go any other way. When the rights of the individual were cancelled and warrantless surveillance was openly declared legal, the constitution became toilet paper. And the state had rights but the individual didn't. And corporations became persons that the state granted rights to.

From your link:

Regulators and Politicians Work Hard...to Protect Corporate Wrongdoing and Smear Whistleblowers

When one of the most respected radiologists in America – the former head of the radiology department at Yale University – attempted to blow the whistle on the fact that the FDA had approved a medical device manufactured by General Electric because it put out massive amounts of radiation, the FDA installed spyware to record his private emails and surfing activities (including installing cameras to snap pictures of his screen), and then used the information to smear him and other whistleblowers

Unfortunately, this is not an isolated incident, but standard operating procedure.

There was a huge outcry when the warrantless surveillance thing went in but we were all discounted - it was for our own protection. How protected do we all feel now?

new topics

join