It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who know whitley strieber

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
anyone know who this whitley strieber is i have read books based on what he knows. one i say is pretty good is ufo briefing document. by don berliner but whitley is the man tell the storys. im just wanted to know if any one esle had read this book and anyone know any good book let me know. so thanks and i hope to get to hear what u say

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
He's kind of out there... I've read Communion, and a few others, but not too keen on his style... I'm still on the fence as to whether I think he's a true abductee, or just trying to make a buck... Leaning towards the latter....

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
i dint know him but i sure enjoy reading from his web page,have for years
www.unknowncountry.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I'm somewhat on the fence about Mr Strieber as well, but I would say I lean towards there being some truth behind his claimed abductions. Too many things just seem to 'fit' for me to dismiss him right off the bat.

Anyway, you may want to check out these previous threads about Mr Strieber:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I could never read Communion with a straight face....like...a little blue troll sticking probes up his butt...lol...sounds more like a sci-fi tail of 'coming out' on the mothership.
But his book called MAJESTIC.....I've read that so many times, the cover is beginning to fade out and fall off.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Erm... stumbled across this Streiber-ism...

"In reality, the universe that we live in is founded on the human mind, and our imagination governs the laws of existence as we experience them."

Life is but a dream? Of men?

www.unknowncountry.com...

Thoughts?

EDIT:

I guess he thinks you can make crop circles with your mind. Paying subscribers can find out how:

"I will be starting our crop circle meditation program shortly in the Unknowncountry subscriber section. We'll see what happens."

[edit on 31-8-2007 by Spanish_Inquisitor]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Though his books are popular and Communion is apparently based on Strieber's alien experience, I think of his written material as sci-fi. He's made a good living from writing them.

Though there are a number of really thorough Ufology writers (non fiction), one of my favorites is Ray Fowler.

Dallas

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
He is nothing more than a fictional sci-fi author. With all that total fool claims he would have some verifiable evidence by now, as smart as he claims to be. I mean, if you had the same "experiences" as him multiple times would you not try to gather something verifiable? How convenient for him that he can't prove a damn thing he claims, and how convenient for him there are way too many people that believe him without question. Sad.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I dunno... I think he's relatively credible, but I'm not totally convinced that he's always 100% genuine...

Just my opinion...

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Having read all of his books, I'll point out a couple of things.... He was already a bestselling author before he wrote Communion, and therefore had no "need" to "make money" off of the books dealing with his experiences, in fact he caught a lot of flack from the Govt. and dealt with tons of ridicule over the 80's and 90's and yet continued to stand by his experiences. The experiences he had at his cabin in upstate New York were shared by quite a few people invited out to it. If you'd like to know what "could" have taken place at Roswell, I highly recommend his fictional book Majestic and for interest in Grays in general, his book The Grays.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I totally agree with Zenagain on this, before he wrote Communion he was a best selling author, but not only did he get a lot of ridicule for Communion, but it also damn near ended his career; yet he stands by his experiences 20+ years on.

I am a subscriber on unknowncountry.com and I would recommend it to all who are interested in learning more about these types of experiences.

I am also an experiencer/abductee/contactee (pick whichever term you want to use) myself and Whitley's experiences are fairly similar to my own, therefore from my own point of view the guy's testimony is true without a doubt.

My own story can be read here. www.aliendoodles.com

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
He's a weiner and he's very rude if you email him. I sent him a nice email something to do with Art Bell, the email i sent did not contain anything bad about him or Art and he sent me a snappy one very rude.

He's a donkey and a liar as far as i'm concerned. Just trying to make a $$

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I too am on the fence about Mr Strieber.I have the movie ,Communion.I've had it for about 3 months now and have yet to watch it.I've read some o0f his website stuff and have to admit it is interesting.I like what Zenagain posted,makes no sense that he would risk his career over a lie.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
He's a weiner and he's very rude if you email him. I sent him a nice email something to do with Art Bell, the email i sent did not contain anything bad about him or Art and he sent me a snappy one very rude.

He's a donkey and a liar as far as i'm concerned. Just trying to make a $$

Funny. I emailed him back when I first heard about "the Day After Tommorrow" being filmed, thought that maybe there was a plagerism issue, and he was quite nice in his reply. Possibly you got some functionary replying to you?

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I've read all of his books.

He is the real thing.

He simply has a negative view of the entire alien thing. He was scared stiff and writes from this perspective.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I don't know him personally, so I'd have to judge him by his product (works) and any info on the net.

It is unusual that he was a so-so science fiction writer, who suddenly "comes out of the closet" once the abduction mythos becomes a hot property.

Now I cannot prove it, but I swear, sometime after he published the novel Black Magic (about remote viewing/psi warfare) he had another book written, about UFO abductess. I read it about, oh, 1989.

But now, I cannot find any record of it whatsoever; no publication data.

I remember it because I had read Black Magic, and asked my non-chain bookseller for something else by the same author. And I was given the book, which I cannot remember the title of, cannot find anything for in his bio, and sold in a garage sale about 2 years later, since it read like dishwater. It was a first person account of an abductee who brings his suppressed memories up to his conscious mind, and tries to tell the world.

Anyway, there's my wild, unfounded allegation for the morning.

[edit on 1-9-2007 by dr_strangecraft]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
i've read a few of whitleys books and i have to agree with above post that mentions his writing style which is very hard to read. kind of jangled.

"the greys" was an easier read than "communion". that book was almost unreadable.
he does seem to speak in an honest tongue though, and apparently is an abductee himself.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Books by Whitley Strieber (combine/separate works)

Communion
The hunger
Warday and the journey onward
Transformation : the breakthrough
The wolfen
Majestic
The last vampire
Nature's end : the consequences of the twentieth century
The Grays
Catmagic
Breakthrough: The Next Step
Unholy Fire
The Day After Tomorrow
Billy
Lilith's Dream: A Tale Of The Vampire Life
Confirmation: The Hard Evidence of Aliens Among Us
The Secret School: Preparation for Contact
The forbidden zone
The wild
The Night Church
Wolf of Shadows
The Key
Black Magic
The path
The Communion Letters
Father Bob and Bobby (in From the Borderlands - KING)
Wolfsbrut.
Schwarzer Horizont.

Twenty eight books. There may be others too?

Dallas

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Here is what I have been told directly by 2 people I know:

Jacques Vallee (Ufologist) "Whitley Streiber is crazy. He's nuts."

Jesse Marcel, Jr. (of Roswell fame) "I was told by a government man that the book "Majestic" which is supposed to be fiction, is actually a true story."

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
Here is what I have been told directly by 2 people I know:

Jacques Vallee (Ufologist) "Whitley Streiber is crazy. He's nuts."

Jesse Marcel, Jr. (of Roswell fame) "I was told by a government man that the book "Majestic" which is supposed to be fiction, is actually a true story."

Majestic is worth reading by anyone who has even the remotest interest in UFO's/Roswell/Etc. I'd also highly recommend Warday and Nature's End.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join