It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Note to Obama: Investigate Romney Or Shut the Hell Up

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Obama .... Investigate Romney. Go ahead. Please do. While you are at it perhaps someone can run an independent investigation on your Fast and Furious coverup and lies. And by independent, i do not mean Eric Holder.

link   
reply to post by masqua

Still trying to export him ?

link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Have fun the next few months defending the "attack politics" of the day.

I am just sick of them, right or left generated.

Some folks appreciate them obviously, or they wouldn't still be in use. :shk:

Do you mean attacks like this???

The President's campaign has to do whatever they can to focus attention on Mitt.. there hasn't been alot of highlights these past 4 years to use as any sort of a positive message.. so the attack must be fast & furious

Seems like you enjoy them as well.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

That was an opinion..

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Originally posted by Shaiker
Personally i think if obama wanted to investigate and bring up charges on Romney it would happen Sept-October so the RNC doesnt have time to organize a new candidate.

Hi hammer, meet nail.

It's all fodder for the mud-slinging campaigns that Americans will be subjected to right up to the election of Stephen Harper as POTUS.

j/k

Has anyone ever told you that you'd be good writing short stories to scare the bejesus out of small children? Heck, I'm a grown man and you almost scared the daylights out of me!
Stephen Harper...Oh Lord...now I'll have nightmares for a week!

Seriously though and for your earlier post. God can keep his note. People would just demand pics or He didn't write it anyway. I'd just be quite content in seeing a straight up, old fashioned copy of the real original in the book, on a table within Hawaii Vital Stats offices. Even better? Have the good Sheriff holding the camera!

On this? heck...... I'll agree with this much folks are saying. The first politician to just focus on reasons I should vote FOR him and not all about why I should NOT vote for the other one will get my vote. My kid will probably have to tell me about it with a Ouija Board. I don't expect that happens in my lifetime.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I have a feeling Romney is the last person who wants a formal investigation judging from how reluctant he is to reveal details

To be honest, I think him not releasing those tax returns will probably cost him the election. He's clearly hiding something bad, and people won't vote for someone who's hiding stuff...at least most won't

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
I have a feeling Romney is the last person who wants a formal investigation judging from how reluctant he is to reveal details

To be honest, I think him not releasing those tax returns will probably cost him the election. He's clearly hiding something bad, and people won't vote for someone who's hiding stuff...at least most won't

When I suppositioned that Obama was not releasing his college transcripts because he was hiding something bad, I was called a racist!

But it's okay to say the same about Romney.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Difference is, it's not customary to release your college grades...many presidents haven't presented them. Tax returns on the other hand are an entirely different matter. Every single president except for Romney now has released 10+ years!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Difference is, it's not customary to release your college grades...many presidents haven't presented them. Tax returns on the other hand are an entirely different matter. Every single president except for Romney now has released 10+ years!

But is it required?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I'd love to have a bit of support for when each sitting President of the past actually produced them and how many years they did. I don't mean to suggest they didn't. How many supplied them before the convention? How many years on average were thrown out into the public domain without being asked as a major issue?

I'll be completely sincere. I don't believe Romney will be alone in not giving everything over at this stage and because his opposition demands it while hiding almost everything of their own. Let's stay general though.....How many prior to formal nomination at the convention released all being asked of Mittens?

If it's as you say it is, (and you claimed..so I'm not spending half my afternoon chasing down this bunny trail) ...then I will absolutely stand with you in demanding it and calling Romney out as someone as bad or worse than Barry himself for playing games with releasing basic information. It all depends on past history of the others and timing of them.

edit on 18-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
News Flash !!

July 17, 2012 -- HuffPost

Sen. John McCain said on Tuesday he can "personally vouch" there was nothing disqualifying in the 23 years' worth of tax returns that Mitt Romney submitted to his team in 2008, when he was vetted for a vice presidential spot.

"Everything was fine," McCain told reporters on Capitol Hill. "I can personally vouch for the fact that there was nothing in his tax returns that would in any way be disqualifying for him to be a candidate.".....

Mitt Romney's Tax Returns Have Nothing 'Disqualifying,' John McCain Says

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Only one problem...he never called him a felon. They laid out the only two possibilites available...he is lying to the American public or he is lying to the SEC. IF he happens to be lying to the SEC....that is a felony.

Now it is up to Romney to clear it up...who exactly was he lying to???

And we all know damn well that if Obama would "investigate" Romney all of you heads would explode. He is making these comments as a candidate, not as the POTUS.

Romney is hiding something...more and more Republicans are coming out calling for him to release his tax returns...and he continues to refuse to do so. This is going to pull Romney down like an anchor until he releases those tax records...but nice attempt to try to spin in on Obama.

edit on 18-7-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

Well, the following may not be from President Obama or Axelrod personally, but the person saying this is a world removed from a private citizen or somehow unrelated to everything around the White House.

“Mitt Romney is running for president of the United States, and, you know, he and his campaign team leadership need to put their big boy and big girl pants on and defend his record,” The Democratic National Committee chair said on MSNBC. “They don’t want to show us his record. They’re running the most secretive campaign for president of a major party in history.

“Either Mitt Romney was lying on SEC forms and misrepresenting to his investors — which could be a felony — that he was the sole owner, president, CEO of Bain Capital from 1999 until almost the end of 2001, or he wasn’t and represented that he was,” she said.
Source

The first part probably is a bit too recognizable to play a game guessing who said this. It'd be none other than Debbie Wasserman Schultz. Now, as much as I dearly hope the voters in Florida return her to being nothing more than an ill informed private citizen, she isn't right now. She is as bad as Joe Biden for verbal judgement though. The difference is, Biden's funny and she's just dangerous to anything resembling the truth.

Perhaps..Just maybe now, Obama really had nothing to do with these statements Debbie there keeps making as the Chairman of the Democratic National Committee. It was commonly referred to as the Head of the Democratic Party when Howard Dean sat in that office. Odd how no one calls it that now.

I digress though. If Obama isn't specifically DIS-OWNING THIS, then he IS OWNING it. Right now, he's the proud new father of a real ugly tar baby. He even smokes....someone get the President a Cigar! It's a Girl!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I have no idea what you are talking about...Obama is owning it...he is calling Romney a liar...and he is right.

As for this

he's the proud new father of a real ugly tar baby.

Why don't you keep your racist BS off this website and go crawl in a hole with the rest of your racist POS friends.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

I have no idea what you are talking about...Obama is owning it...he is calling Romney a liar...and he is right.

As for this

he's the proud new father of a real ugly tar baby.

Why don't you keep your racist BS off this website and go crawl in a hole with the rest of your racist POS friends.

Umm.. Outkast, I'm not sure what you are going on about...though bait isn't something I'm jumping at. I'm only replying at all for the last part.

Tar Baby is a slang term used to describe something like THIS that is stinky, sticky, ugly and just won't go away. Quagmire might be a similar term, also used across the press for similar things. Similar to, for instance, a ball of TAR from a place like ROOFING jobs. Geeze.. I've honestly never heard anyone refer to anything using that term in a racist way and it never occurred to me in all the years I've heard it used in and out of the public...and media for that matter. P.C. is going off the cliff.. Wow.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Remember Wrabbit you cannot question this president!!!! If you do you are a racist!!!!

Can I use the same language when defending Mitt Romney? I guess I could, but for some reason I would be seen as silly and stupid!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
News Flash !!

July 17, 2012 -- HuffPost

Sen. John McCain said on Tuesday he can "personally vouch" there was nothing disqualifying in the 23 years' worth of tax returns that Mitt Romney submitted to his team in 2008, when he was vetted for a vice presidential spot.

"Everything was fine," McCain told reporters on Capitol Hill. "I can personally vouch for the fact that there was nothing in his tax returns that would in any way be disqualifying for him to be a candidate.".....

Mitt Romney's Tax Returns Have Nothing 'Disqualifying,' John McCain Says

Yeah...he said he'd vouch...and when asked if Romney should release more details he said "no"

Sounds trustworthy

Also, note he says there's nothing "disqualifying" in there, which doesn't mean there's bad stuff in there, just nothing that would legally disqualify him...according to McCain that is.

What is this nonsense? So now members of your own party can vouch for you so that you can continue to hide stuff??? Are you serious?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Every single president except for Romney now has released 10+ years!

NOT TRUE. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

National Journal

Since the 1976 election, presidential candidates have released at least one year of tax returns. After winning that election, Jimmy Carter then set the precedent for all sitting presidents and vice presidents to release their returns each year. Since 1984, the standard for challengers to an incumbent president has been to disclose at least two years of returns, if not significantly more.

Presidential Tax Returns
When Obama ran he disclosed 2000-2007
When Clinton ran he disclosed 1992 - 1995
When Bush41 ran he disclosed 1989, 1990, 1991
When Reagan ran he disclosed 1981, 1982, 1983, 1985,
When Carter ran he disclosed 1977, 1978, 1979 .. all after he won in 1976
Gerald Ford did not release his returns, but he did release summary data about his federal taxes for the years between 1966 and 1975
Nixon released 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972

THATS IT. People demanding Romney release 10 years of tax returns are
just on a partisan witch hunt. No one else has had to do it. Not even close.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Thank you very much for the information and detailed breakdown of what other Presidents have and have not released. It appears no one making the wild claim that Romney is somehow singularly unique were going to support it by supplying anything beyond their own statements, so the hard data is definitely appreciated.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Thanks for clearing up the air with some straight FACTS!!

Cheers!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join