It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Note to Obama: Investigate Romney Or Shut the Hell Up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Its pretty simple really.... All quid pro quo aside (which I would love to see) Let's just start here and follow the rules

Now, it would be ideal if every candidate for president turned over all of his or her paperwork – every jot and tittle since the third grade. But for a media eager to cover for Obama’s transparency problems – Fast and Furious? Health care negotiations? Union meetings at the White House? Full White House logs? – to bash Romney with charges of non-transparency is ridiculous.

What’s even more hypocritical is the Obama campaign’s insistence that we have to see Romney’s tax returns in order to find out if he’s a criminal. They’ve called him a felon for putting his name on SEC forms.

It's just puffery from Obama

So here’s the deal for Obama: put up, or shut up. Romney has filed his tax returns. The IRS, which is an executive branch agency, can investigate Romney. And you had better believe that Romney, who has an annual income of tens of millions of dollars, has his tax returns heavily scrutinized by the IRS already.

As far as the allegations about the SEC violations, as it turns out, Obama’s executive branch is also in charge of the SEC. If the SEC is concerned about Romney, they can investigate.

Why no formal investigation?? Show me the evidence. Now we have just a trial and conviction by the MSM who are following their assigned talking points of the day. Good little foot soldiers.

Time to call Obama's bluff!!??

Obama is a liar or a criminal conspirator covering up Mitt Romney’s wrongdoing.

Which is it??

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Because the instant he did people would be screaming about how its an abuse of power.

I did not vote for Obama, I will not vote for him, and even I can see he can't win with some people no mater what he does.

I will also not be voting for Romney either, for once, Im voting my conscious no mater what.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Outstanding point and I couldn't agree more. They aren't saying Romney farted in Church or that he slept with the wait staff. They are charging that he committed actual prosecutable criminal acts. I think you hit it 100%. Obama is, among other things, the head of every Law Enforcement agency that matters in this nation at the federal level. Use one or drop this because playing uncharged crime for political points makes HIM as much a criminal as he claims Romney is. Period. No Middle Ground in my mind.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Im an independent and avid Ron Paul supporter. Personally i think if obama wanted to investigate and bring up charges on Romney it would happen Sept-October so the RNC doesnt have time to organize a new candidate. Wether its a legitimate arrest or not doesnt matter the mindless zombies that make up the left will unite it as a cause against the dirtiness of big business. And the republicans will do the same complain its not fair and continue to lock up congress. Obama gets reelected and continues legislating through exacutive order.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Only one problem...he never called him a felon. They laid out the only two possibilites available...he is lying to the American public or he is lying to the SEC. IF he happens to be lying to the SEC....that is a felony.

Now it is up to Romney to clear it up...who exactly was he lying to???

And we all know damn well that if Obama would "investigate" Romney all of you heads would explode. He is making these comments as a candidate, not as the POTUS.

Romney is hiding something...more and more Republicans are coming out calling for him to release his tax returns...and he continues to refuse to do so. This is going to pull Romney down like an anchor until he releases those tax records...but nice attempt to try to spin in on Obama.

edit on 18-7-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
That's the thing with Obama though.

All talk and no action. If he truly believed his campaign staff members he would order a criminal investigation, but he deliberately insulted Mitt Romney by not apologizing for the remarks his staff made about him.

He said he wasn't going to apologize for the attacks on Bain, which was NOT what Romney was asking of the President. Romney asked him to take back the felon remark. He refused and let it go, but its clear its not true otherwise he would ask his buddy Holder who is being investigated HIMSELF to lead the investigation....

Its all election nonsense, and the polls show. Nobody cares!!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
So the sitting President is casting aspersions on his competition, and nobody sees this as a huge conflict of interest? We are going to allow the head of the military and, in essence, the head of law enforcement to maybe investigate his opponent? This is criminal and peoples' alarm bells should be ringing. If the POTUS does attempt to bring criminal charges, shouldn't the Congress begin the impeachent process for abuse of power?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by onthedownlow

No, no impeachment.. if Obama is shown to be wrong in his accusations, he will just invite Mitt over to the WH for a beer and photo op..

The President's campaign has to do whatever they can to focus attention on Mitt.. there hasn't been alot of highlights these past 4 years to use as any sort of a positive message.. so the attack must be fast & furious

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
All Romney has to do is release his tax returns. If what Romney says is true, the tax returns would vindicate him and the Democrats would take a hit. I don't see the problem.

edit on 18-7-2012 by Kaploink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
All Romney has to do is release his tax returns. If what Romney says is true, the tax returns would vindicate him and the Democrats would take a hit. I don't see the problem.

edit on 18-7-2012 by Kaploink because: (no reason given)

Romney has nothing to gain by release his tax forms. The 99% liberal media will continue to ignore anything Obama did before or after being POTUS and scrutinize Romney tax forms from 10 years ago.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

There have been no accusations.

All of this comes from a comment from a campaign staffer, which was:

www.politico.com...

“either Mitt Romney, through his own words and his own signature, was misrepresenting his position at Bain to the SEC, which is a felony…Or he was misrepresenting his position at Bain to the American people to avoid responsibility for some of the consequences of his investments.”

That's it...no accusation...nothing more than a simple dilemma...it's an "either or" answer. One of the two above statements is true...it's up to Romney to show us which one is true.

And look...the campaign staffer even later clarified what she and the Obama campaign are actually proposing.

Cutter: “I’m saying the same thing I said last week, that his explanation doesn’t add up because both of these things can’t be true. you can’t sign your name on a federal government document saying that you’re the head of the company but then tell the American people that you have nothing to do with it. Both things can’t be true.”

We’re not suggesting Romney committed a crime here,” she said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” Tuesday. “We’re actually suggesting he’s not being up front with the American people about what his involvement was with Bain. And day by day more and more evidence comes out that he was involved with Bain.”

It can't be more clear.

Obama is not accusing him of being a felon...never has...he is accusing him of lying to the American public about his involvment with Bain Capital between 1999 and 2001/2002.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Really. After 4+ years of NOTHING but GARBAGE out of the GOP and the Tea Baggers regarding Obama, now all of a sudden when his organization sort of kinda maybe a little bit in a way returns the favor, now all of a sudden it's put up or shut up? If the bigot-right-wing-whackazoids can't take it, they probably should not dish it out.

pffft.

Note: This is not an endorsement by me for this kind of behavior. It is a condemnation of the whiners.
edit on 18-7-2012 by Open_Minded Skeptic because: Fix grammar

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I saw the ads.. it was an attack..

typical politics these days... not a fan of either side using them.. let alone those monsters called Super Pacs..

you can play with words, and articles to steer away from accusations, calling him a felon etc..

have fun..

I leave you with a favorite phrase of mine..

"Don't piss on my boots and tell me it's raining."

This applies to any and all attack ads.. in my book..

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

If I were Romney, I'd say "take a hike!"

If he (Romney) did something wrong, Obama will find it.

If he did nothing wrong, Obama will make something up.

I still want to see Obama's college records.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

What "ad"? This "felony" comment was never in an "ad" that I have seen.

And yes...it is an attack...that shouldn't be a surprise. The question is...is it an accusation? And the answer is a resounding "NO".

So the entire premise of this thread is moot...because there was never an accusation made that Romney commited a felony. There was a dilemma for Romney exposed..both things can't be true...so it is on him to declare which of those is true.

And in fact, the Obama campaign KNOWS which one is true and have already came out and said so. They are saying Romney is lying to the American public about his involvement with Bain when they made some politically damaging investments.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Don't forget his real BC, pics of that birth with surfers riding Wiamea Bay waves outside the window and a written statement from God Himself on a stone tablet.

Then, I'd like to see all of Romney's tax records.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Originally posted by beezzer

Don't forget his real BC, pics of that birth with surfers riding Wiamea Bay waves outside the window and a written statement from God Himself on a stone tablet.

Then, I'd like to see all of Romney's tax records.

I would enjoy the quid pro quo

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Have fun the next few months defending the "attack politics" of the day.

I am just sick of them, right or left generated.

Some folks appreciate them obviously, or they wouldn't still be in use. :shk:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shaiker
Personally i think if obama wanted to investigate and bring up charges on Romney it would happen Sept-October so the RNC doesnt have time to organize a new candidate.

Hi hammer, meet nail.

It's all fodder for the mud-slinging campaigns that Americans will be subjected to right up to the election of Stephen Harper as POTUS.

j/k

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join