It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of WMD lies by this government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Its a good thing to see these quotes in plain view.List of lies

These are some of the lies.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
"If he declares he has none, then we will know that Saddam Hussein is once again misleading the world."
- Ari Fleischer, December 2 2002

"We know for a fact that there are weapons there."
- Ari Fleischer, January 9 2003

"Our intelligence officials estimate that Saddam Hussein had the materials to produce as much as 500 tons of sarin, mustard and VX nerve agent."
- George W. Bush, State of the Union address, January 28 2003

"We know that Saddam Hussein is determined to keep his weapons of mass destruction, is determined to make more."
- Colin Powell, February 5 2003

"We have sources that tell us that Saddam Hussein recently authorized Iraqi field commanders to use chemical weapons."
- George Bush, February 8 2003

"Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised."
- George Bush, March 17 2003

"Well, there is no question that we have evidence and information that Iraq has weapons of mass destruction, biological and chemical particularly . . . all this will be made clear in the course of the operation, for whatever duration it takes."
- Ari Fleischer, March 21 2003

"There is no doubt that the regime of Saddam Hussein possesses weapons of mass destruction. As this operation continues, those weapons will be identified, found, along with the people who have produced them and who guard them."
- Gen. Tommy Franks, March 22 2003

"We know where they are. They are in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad."
- Donald Rumsfeld, March 30 2003.

"Iraq has trained Al Qaeda members in bomb-making and poisons and deadly gases."
- Bush in October 2002.

"Saddam Hussein aids and protects terrorists, including members of al Qaeda."
- Bush in January 2003 State of the Union address.

"Iraq has also provided Al Qaeda with chemical and biological weapons training."
- Bush in February 2003.

"sinister nexus between Iraq and the Al-Qaeda terrorist network."
Powell in his U.N. speech prior to the Iraq War.

"We have removed an ally of Al Qaeda."
Bush in May 2003.

Stated that the Iraqis were "providing bomb-making expertise and advice to the Al Qaeda organization."
- Cheney in September 2003.
Just a few for you to see.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Zzzzzzz. Sorry you put me to sleep there for a bit. Really now, the WMD were based on faulty intel. Not just ours, but the Brits, Russia, and yes even France. If you feel your intel is good, you go with it.

Will we be better off now that Sadam is gone? Yep.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Sorry, I put you to sleep there... however the lies are lies are lies are lies.

You're gonna believe your government after these lies?
Of course you are.

*Bush- the victim of faulty intelligence.

[edit on 8-10-2004 by dgtempe]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Sorry, I put you to sleep there... however the lies are lies are lies are lies.

You're gonna believe your government after these lies?
Of course you are.

*Bush- the victim of faulty intelligence.

[edit on 8-10-2004 by dgtempe]

lie
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): lied; ly�ing /'lI-i[ng]/
1 : to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive
2 : to create a false or misleading impression
transitive senses : to bring about by telling lies

First:
I could find quotes like that from most world leaders and also John Kerry and John Edwards. (I will start sourcing)

Second:
Did you forget what the world view was before we decided to go to war? EVERTONE believed the same as Bush. Even our own countrymen did. Other world governments did. So if you say Bush lied, then you are saying everyone else did also. It's amazing that you can be so full of it as to think this was not what most everyone believed. You can take ANY situation, and anilize it to death over years and find flaws and better decisions to make. But decisions are made BEFORE the action, not after. Get over it or start accusing everyone, including John Kerry, John Edwards, as well as the leaders of almost all the world.

I bet I could take the actions of your life and twist them up and make you look like a liar or even worse, but that wouldn't be fair or truthful would it?

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Not just ours, but the Brits, Russia, and yes even France. If you feel your intel is good, you go with it.

Will we be better off now that Sadam is gone? Yep.

His own army didnt know they didnt have any.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This thread is being moved to the Mud Pit.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Any particular reason why this is in the DEBATE forum, guy?

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Yea Bush is the victim now let�s give the incompetent asshole 4 more years. See what else he can # up.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Deny Ignorance, people

Deny lies

Its incredible to continuously see these reports and have the right justify it all.

Swallow all the government tells you (would you like some water so the chunks will go down easier?) justify it all. Ignorance is bliss

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
GriBiT

What are you our own personal dictionary.:shk:

I agree with you dgtempe, invading another country on false information can bring any other country to do the same and then what US is going to tell them, that they can not do it?

What US did is going to bring consequences across the world.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Marg, its ok Bush lied. You see, Saddam had these dreams in which he envisioned getting WMD's. The United States now has the technology to record your dreams then play them back , and Saddam got cought.

So, in view of this I think we did the right thing. dont you?

Cuz he would have liked to have WMD's

Never mind the other nations who pose a REAL and PRESENT threat, and who actually HAVE the stuff.

Im so sick of this- GEORGE BUSH LIED and the Republicans come out like cacroaches to then tell the liberals that lying is ok, and its for a just cause.
And the war is what we need. And Bush is right about the war eventhough it was Osama who attacked us, and Osama runs free yadda yadda yadda....

And the best excuse now is: OTHER COUNTRIES TOLD US HE HAD THE WEAPONS. Ha! Since when do we listen to other "lesser" countries?

We thumb our nose at other countries, spit at them- now because somebody said he had weapons we're going to include them. right.

AND WHERE'S OUR INTELLIGENCE? We rely on others intelligence?
Right. Tell it to somebody else

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I do not understand how anyone can treat killing 1000 Americans and 20,000 Iraqis at a cost of 120 BILLION dollars and creating a hotbed and sanctuary for terrorists can be treated TRIVIALLY. These war-hawks treat it like a joke. Wait till someone in you family is killed. See how it feels then.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
.....or...wait till Bush starts the draft he says he's opposed to. ANOTHER LIE.

top topics

join