It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RON PAUL will NOT speak @ RNC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Paul did not get enough delegates to be given a speaking slot at the convention. This is the third time that Ron Paul, 76, has tried to win the office of president of the United States and the second time he has been denied the right to address the GOP's convention.

www.examiner.com...

Pretty sad the man stayed in it to win it to the direct end, yet nothing in return from his party. (Even though they know he is worth millions and millions of votes).

Nothing from the RNC themselves, but it appears RP will not speak.

Very sad, America.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
And the source at the bottom is WND.

I call BS on this one.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
And the source at the bottom is WND.

I call BS on this one.

I'm with you, Wendal. WND is about as trustworthy as the POTUS.

Funny to note that the Examiner is running two articles claiming the exact opposite. (different authors of course)

I trust the article that cites Ben Swann!

RNC confirms Ron Paul will be up for nomination

For the past three days, Ben Swann (Fox19 Cincinnati) has been in contact with a Republican Rules Committee member. In order for a candidate to be elected for the Republican Party nomination, the candidate must have a plurality in five or more states. If by rule, binding and non-binding policies are applied to delegates, it would still not affect the process of voting for placement of a candidate's name into the potential nominee ballot. Presidential hopeful Ron Paul does have a plurality in five or more states (Nevada, Maine, Minnesota, Louisiana, and Iowa). This means that Ron Paul will be eligible for nomination on August 26th in Tampa Bay.

Source Link

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I think Romney and Republican elites will end up giving him some speaking time. I'm not sure if they'll truly adopt any of his ideas, but I'm sure they want the votes of his supporters. 15-20 minutes for Ron Paul to address the convention shouldn't be a problem for Romney & Co. If they deny him such a chance, that'd be intriguing.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
So how come I keep reading that Ron will get the 15 min. ?

and will be nomitated.

whatever...... were all in the same pathic basket

ive lost my appetite for all of this BS

never--nevermore

Startled at the stillness broken by reply so aptly spoken,
"Doubtless," said I, "what it utters is its only stock and store,
Caught from some unhappy master, whom unmerciful disaster
Followed fast and followed faster, till his songs one burden bore,---
Till the dirges of his hope that melancholy burden bore
Of "Never---nevermore."

Raven eyes and Ravens call apon us.......ALL

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I personally and directly watched...and spoke to those who also watched with their own eyeballs as Missouri Republican Leadership did their damndest to change rules, alter proceedings and do everything but cancel a few of the state caucuses entirely so Paul didn't get one more delegate than they could possible cheat him of.

He would have lost nationally anyway. Only the most fanatic thinks otherwise. He just didn't have the math, even without cheats and dirty tricks at every turn...which is why that pissed me off so much. It didn't even GAIN anything that wouldn't have happened anyway.

He can't speak though? Well... I'll wait to see more before getting upset...but Paul stood and got himself support and votes to the end. MOST others quit and ran home. Paul remained despite legit questions as to why he should waste his precious time. He absolutely earned the right to stand in Tampa and have his piece to speak whatever is on his mind as a United States Congressman, a United States Presidential Candidate and a United States Citizen.

The Republic Party can just go to hell with bells on if they hate him so badly they'd steal this last thing from a man who hasn't been doing a thing but trying to bring positive change.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightToker
I think Romney and Republican elites will end up giving him some speaking time. I'm not sure if they'll truly adopt any of his ideas, but I'm sure they want the votes of his supporters. 15-20 minutes for Ron Paul to address the convention shouldn't be a problem for Romney & Co. If they deny him such a chance, that'd be intriguing.

If they do they're going to have a publicity #storm. The people will rise up and will have spoken. If they deny the people, they instantly become enemies of the Country, because We Are The Country.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I'm still writing in Paul if neeb be.
2nd.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This is not confirmed, just another rumor avalanche.

Just like how Nebraska was supposed to be Ron Paul's 5th state to win so he could be eligible for nomination. Please see my recent thread in here.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Paul can speak,,Paul IS on the ballot...................Santorum delegates WILL vote for Paul........and how many Romney undercover Paul insurgent delegates are there? no One Knows..

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

but blowhard Christie has a speaking spot....keynote speaker!....unflippingbelievable!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

try Jill Stein....Green Party.....I say this as a person who would have voted for Paul, in the past...but, his son is a boob...and he's got different views than I have on too many things...but, check JILL STEIN out...really!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Davian
If they do they're going to have a publicity #storm. The people will rise up and will have spoken. If they deny the people, they instantly become enemies of the Country, because We Are The Country.

Well, actually, you're not.

The fact that you think you are bigger than you are is probably the biggest problem Paul has. The claim that "We Are The People! We Are The Country!" has been used many times in the past for other venues and other causes.

It's a great rallying cry, but completely bogus. It's complete hyperbole, kind of like a cat puffing up its tail and turning sideways to appear bigger than it is. I don't blame the Paul supporters for manipulating the rules to get as many delegates as possible, but let's not claim he was "cheated" because the establishment Republicans fought back. Both sides did a fair amount of manipulating rules in their favor. You can't say it's Okay if the Paul contingent does it, but "not fair" if the Republican establishment does it. It's either all Okay or all NOT Okay. I was there and I saw it happen. One thing Paul supporters are not is innocent.

The fact is that nationwide Paul only garners 11% of the popular vote, when people are allowed to vote. And these are people voting in a Republican primary. Nobody knows if he could attract the Obama voters. If they still think their guy is a Light Worker, then that would leave Paul in single digits. The bottom line is that Paul is less popular than many of the modern third party candidates who have run in the past, from Wallace to Perot. He certainly resonated with his supporters, who are a very energetic lot.

Just not with anyone else.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Schuyler, you and Outkast seem to make it to every Ron Paul thread with nary a decent word for Paul or his supporters.
Paul has 11%?! Who says? Diebold? I was not born yesterday. Paul started getting 4-6,000 attendees at his rallies, then they went upwards of 8,000 and sometimes nearing 10,000. Romney could only draw a few hundred. So I'm to believe that Romney took state after state, yet could draw no attendees? Ditto with Santorum!
I'm an older person and would act respectfully if I attended a caucus, etc. I do think that probably SOME of Paul's younger supporters may not always act the best. However, I have not heard of any non-Paul supporters getting their bones broken--Paul supporters have received broken bones. Paul supporters have been physically attacked--I've heard of no non-Paul supporters being attacked. It's been captured on tape that Romney supporters have donned Paul gear and passed out FAKE delegate slates--I've heard of no Paul supporters doing such underhanded tactics. I could continue, but I'm sure you get my drift...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I think Romney will CAVE and give both Dr Paul and Sarah Palin speaking time at the convention.

He's spineless, and it will show.

top topics

join