It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-Palestinian Ads Ignite Firestorm Of Controversy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The trolls are alive and well on this thread already!

Three of my personal favorite troll tactics:

Blatant lies to see if anyone notices (the lie is still posted and one must read on to read the replies that prove it false)

There is NO MAP or any DOCUMENT that can prove the contrary.

There was NEVER a Palestinian state or country.

Comments throwing their hands up, "Oh well, no one really knows so what can we do" This topic is just too complex so let's just move on.

Seems like the Jews and Arabs have both been there for quite some time. Whose land is it? Might makes right? Beats me.

And attempts at using religious beliefs as fact (this is a belief, for those who don't follow (insert religion here)) it is an opinion, not a fact.

Let's talk factfully. There can be no claim on land that is already owned. And according to the Torah, there is no Israel until Christ comes to them.

I have to check my trolls handbook, I can't wait to see what comes next. My guess is next will be personal attacks and name calling.

I would also like to add the advertisement is not "Anti-Israel" at all. I can see how someone could take it that way but I don't think that an unbiased observer would walk away with that message.

edit on 19-7-2012 by sdocpublishing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I'm glad the guy put them up there for all to see what's been going on over there, I wonder how many will get vandalized and torn down by the Jews who are offended by the truth.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
*Eyeroll* Oh please! This kind of stuff drives me insane haha.

From the video:

"Anti-semitic"?

For one, Arabs are Semites also. You'd think the ADL would know that. For two, since when did telling the TRUTH about a situation become "anti-semitic"?

"My reaction is why is there an anti-Israel ad sitting here at the train statition"?

Well, for one, it's not "anti-Israel"; it's pro-truth. For two, it's there because of this little thing known as the First Amendment, freedom of speech.

Stuff like this makes me think of this picture I saw years ago.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
This thread is totally offensive.

It's biased... Has NO interest in the 'truth'...

You can wordsmith it all you want... this is an attack/smear campaign on Jews.

100% propaganda and BLATANTLY anti-semitic.

The Jews have been 'stealing land' for something like 60 years now. They are so evil, and so vile, and so insidious in their manipulations of the rights and properties of Arabs that by now the sum total of the land those evil blood-drinking Jews have stolen must be the size of the former USSR.

But no... it is a tiny slice of land.

Bottom line... you 'Pro-Palestinian' wannabes have NO WORK PRODUCT.

Just a whole lot of manufactured nonsense.

The Arabs NEVER do anything wrong.

No bombings... No murder of innocent women and children... for no other purpose than they were Jews!

This 'thread' needs to be removed by the moderators.

Just like the 'Ads' were removed from the Seattle Metro buses...

Because it was a smear campaign on Jews.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I like your thinking!

Question? Aren't the present day Jews in Israel, immigrants from mostly European countries after WW2 after the UN broke up Palestine and resettled them there? How come we never see any of the original Jews who were indigenous to the area before the European Jews immigrated there? Aren't they similar in physical appearance to the people of the middle east? just curious.....

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
i see no problem with this public informational notice. facts are facts, however much those darn zionists may like to juggle and misinterpret them.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by golemina

Definition of Anti-Semitism from the lips of a Jew:

“Anti-Semitism does NOT signify opposition to Semitism. THERE IS NO SUCH THING. It is an expression we use effectively as a SMEARWORD, used to brand anyone who brings criticism against us.”

Harold W. Rosenthal (Jewish), administrative assistant for then-U.S. Senator Jacob K. Javits (Jewish) of New York, in an interview with American Christian magazine editor, Walter White.
edit on 19-7-2012 by iIuminaIi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by golemina

TROLL ALERT!

I earlier stated:

I have to check my trolls handbook, I can't wait to see what comes next. My guess is next will be personal attacks and name calling.

And then:

No evidence to refute, just name calling and hyperbole.

The advertisement is factual, yet this person says

Has NO interest in the 'truth'.

I guess when you put truth in quotation marks that means it is not the manufactured truth we should just accept and not question.

Man, they must have the same play book as I do because it is so predictable.

At no point has anyone on this thread said Arabs, Palestinians or anyone else never do anything wrong. There are plenty of threads for that already, this is a completely different topic.

Another page from the Troll Handbook - Make negative remarks about something nobody said to try and derail the conversation. Don't fall for it guys!

Being pro Palestinian doesn't make me anti-semitic.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Podius1

"How come we never see any of the original Jews who were indigenous to the area before the European Jews immigrated there?”

Because you didn't bother searching for it ?

Spielberg archives -1911:

edit on 19-7-2012 by gravitational because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by golemina

The Jews have been 'stealing land' for something like 60 years now. They are so evil, and so vile, and so insidious in their manipulations of the rights and properties of Arabs that by now the sum total of the land those evil blood-drinking Jews have stolen must be the size of the former USSR.

No bombings... No murder of innocent women and children... for no other purpose than they were Jews!

Have you ever studied something called history? Or are you just willing blind to the facts. I guess the Palestinians after the Balfour Declaration just said go ahead bulldoze our homes we don't want them anymore and while your at it deny us access to the land we grew up in. Also we are really tired of trending to our olive groves so please come and steal them or just cut them down if you feel like it.

Pointing out the truth is never a smear campaign and if you feel that it is well some times the truth hurts. Also most of the people in Israel are from Europe, Russia and America so how is it antisemitic simple it isn't because they aren't Semitic. Israel are the true anti Semites here because the Arabs are a Semitic race.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

How come we never see any of the original Jews who were indigenous to the area before the European Jews immigrated there? Aren't they similar in physical appearance to the people of the middle east? just curious...

Yes, they are similar in appearance however they have been completely overtaken by the German population that has dominated both the country and the Zionist movement from the very start.

I would say Middle Easterners have developed the last few centuries, an inferiority complex and be they Muslim, Christian or Jewish, they generally never like facing the reality that they are different from Northern Europeans (i.e. not 'White') and as a result there are Middle Eastern Jews who are as staunchly racist against Arabs as much as their white counterparts.

The reality is that they were pretty much sidelined and used as a underclass buffer between the Ashkenazis and the Palestinians originally living in refugee camps, and viewed with suspicion because they resembled their Arab counterparts in culture, dress and appearance. Israel desperately needed a boost in it's 'Jewish' population, and they needed that wherever it came from be that Africa or the Middle East.

The Middle Eastern Jews have always been stuck between a rock and a hard place, traditionally many being uncomfortable with Zionism, but also not having the benefits of dual-nationality the white Jews have i.e. Israeli-American, Israeli-French, Israel-British etc therefore their very existence relies so much more on the state of Israel.

A minority have achieved a good quality of life as well as earned high government positions but statistically, the majority have a lower quality of existence compared to the Ashkenazis. And as time goes on, with inter-marriage and the newly-created Israeli ethnos establishing itself, the situation will improve as it has been doing the last few decades.

And if you look at the position of Africans in Israel you'll see, unsurprisingly (when looking at the greater historical perspective) Israel is stratified much the same as the British Empire!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sdocpublishing

LOL

Anyone who happens to disagree gets called a troll.

I love it when you haters of Israel seem to think they have the copyright on FACT and the truth. Hardly.

reply to post by buster2010

A beautifully written post full of deflection.
edit on 19-7-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Hmm. I'm in NY. If I find one of the ads, I "ll post a pic. I know from personal experience what will happen to you if you start running your mouth about supporting Palestinians. Your world will be set on fire. I work in Hollywood, and had the temerity to open my mouth, attend rally's in front of the Israeli embassy on wilshire in Los Angeles, made numerous posts on FB/twitter.

Let's just say the career blowback was substantial.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Here is another example on how certain entities will do anything within their power to belittle the Palestinians and the daily hell they live through. Anyone who speaks out against Israel's domestic policy towards the rightful inhabitants of Israel (the Palestinians) will meet the wrath of the Zionist conglomerate.

Pro-Palestinian Ads Ignite Firestorm Of Controversy

"I think the ad is very offensive, it's certainly offensive to Jews," said Dovid Efune, the the editor of the Jewish newspaper "The Algemeiner."

July 17, 2012

A seemingly endless debate over politics, religion and territory is coming to a train station near you.

An explosive ad about Israel is now igniting a firestorm of controversy.

The display shows shrinking Palestinian territory in Israel over the years and refers to 4.7 million Palestinians there as refugees.

The ads are appearing in 50 Metro-North stations.

At the train station in White Plains, the politically-charged ad was raising eyebrows.

"That's quite amazing if you ask me," one man told CBS 2′s Scott Rapoport.

Some Jewish leaders said they were concerned.

www.informationclearinghouse.info...-cover

I think the advertisement is pretty bang on.

You should see some of the responses to the advertisement.

"I think the ad is very offensive, it's certainly offensive to Jews," said Dovid Efune, the the editor of the Jewish newspaper "The Algemeiner."

How is it offensive to Jews, I wish they would have elaborated in more detail.

Efune said the ad is anti-Semitic.

How is it Anti-Semitic? It's a factual statement that the advertisement expresses.

"It paints Jews as aggressors, as imperialists, as people that are stealing or taking land from others," Efune said.

It does not paint Jews as the aggressors, it paints Zionists as the aggressors and righfully so. This is typical Zionist propaganda. I can't believe people actually fall for this crap.

Here is some information on the person who funded this advertisement.

Henry Clifford, the chairman of a group called the Committee for Peace in Israel and Palestine, spent $25,000 of his own money on the ads.

"The Palestinian people have lost most of their homeland and the map shows exactly what is happened to them," Clifford said.

When asked what he hopes to get out of the ad campaign, Clifford responded by saying he wants to "educate people."

"Simply to open their eyes and let them see what has happened on the map," he said.

Kudos to Henry Clifford for spreading the truth

And of course, certain groups want this advertisement taken down, how surprising

Efune is calling for the Metropolitan Transportation Authority to take the ads down. However, the MTA said it doesn't restrict ads on the basis of viewpoint and while it doesn't endorse the ad, the posters will remain up.

The Anti-Defamation League, for its part, called the ads "Deliberately misleading, biased and fundamentally anti-Israel."

This reminds me of the advertisement that caused controversy in Seattle that eventually got taken down.

Seattle says no to Israeli war crimes advertisement

The Zionist stranglehold on American society has gotten so bad that it has taken away your right of free speech. It seems you can only speak the truth as long as it fits certain agendas. If your opinion, and how you express it offends these agendas, your message will be suppressed.

Free Palestine!
edit on 18-7-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: added content to OP

This is because the Palestinians are the TRUE HEbrews, pure blood and the "jews" or Israelis ARE NOT and they don't want the world to know they are killing "God's chosen people"!!! How would that look?

So we don't comprehend why? Anti-semite alert!!!! Just more BS from the Zionists in Israel who want to keep the secret from getting out..... Palestinians = Hebrew pure bloods. It's that simple!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

you don't know what I did and I wasn't responding to you!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by iIuminaIi
Another Great Post

Nice job for truth that draws a tear.

Back in time......

edit on 18-7-2012 by iIuminaIi because: (no reason given)

Good post my friend!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by golemina

The cold truth is unapologetic in its aggregation of historical data and evidence. That is something that Zionists can't touch. So, if you are saying that Jews are being smeared by historical accuracy, so be it.

By the way, I am a student of history and occasionally publish articles related to ethnic and religious social conflict within the frame of politics and ideology.

Further, I object to your assertions and your demand that this thread be removed.

What is being said here is factually accurate in a historical context.

If you would like to debate your cause, please do so in a civilized, factual manner, not by attempting to intimidate posters and admins by claiming propaganda and smearing.

If you really want to get down to hard tactics, I'll just have to post my piece on the Israeli organization, Im Tirtzu.

If you don't like what's being said here, you will most certainly be uncomfortable with what is said about Israeli internal social affairs.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Recollector
There was NEVER a Palestinian state or country.

Palestine was a teritory, region, land who changed hands from romans to otomans to brits, etc.Palestine was never a country with a LEADER, or GOVERNMENT or any type of NATIONAL assembly.

There is NO MAP or any DOCUMENT that can prove the contrary.

Hence, the Palestinians CANNOT be refugees from Palestine (an inexistent country).They can (and are) refugees from Israel, Syria, Lebanon, Egypt and Jordan.

Palestine is the name the Romans gave the land when they conquered the Jews about 2 generations (I forget the exact number of years) before Jesus was born. Most of the so called Palestinians were citizens of Jordan before Jordan abandoned them when Israel took control of the rest of Judea and Samaria.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
OP I wish I could flag this post many more times

Thank you to the posters who flagged it so I got a chance to see it

To whoever said Palestine doesn't exist, here is THE VERY LETTER FROM BALFOUR TO BARON ROTHSCHILD HIMSELF REGARDING HIS COMMITMENT TO GIVING PALESTINE TO THE JEWS-

en.wikipedia.org...

His Majesty's government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object

Over 100,000 Americans died in the first world war fighting on the side of the allies because the British had agreed to this.

Jews have lived in the middle east for thousands of years. Only been since the creation of Zionism as a political movement at the end of the 19th century that two world wars have been fought that led to the creation of Israel in 1948 and the endless violence and tensions between Israel and Arabs ever since.

The Zionists are a tool of the Illuminati itself!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join