It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-Palestinian Ads Ignite Firestorm Of Controversy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Here is another example on how certain entities will do anything within their power to belittle the Palestinians and the daily hell they live through. Anyone who speaks out against Israel's domestic policy towards the rightful inhabitants of Israel (the Palestinians) will meet the wrath of the Zionist conglomerate.

"I think the ad is very offensive, it's certainly offensive to Jews," said Dovid Efune, the the editor of the Jewish newspaper "The Algemeiner."

July 17, 2012

A seemingly endless debate over politics, religion and territory is coming to a train station near you.

An explosive ad about Israel is now igniting a firestorm of controversy.

The display shows shrinking Palestinian territory in Israel over the years and refers to 4.7 million Palestinians there as refugees.

The ads are appearing in 50 Metro-North stations.

At the train station in White Plains, the politically-charged ad was raising eyebrows.

"That's quite amazing if you ask me," one man told CBS 2′s Scott Rapoport.

Some Jewish leaders said they were concerned.

www.informationclearinghouse.info...-cover

I think the advertisement is pretty bang on.

You should see some of the responses to the advertisement.

"I think the ad is very offensive, it's certainly offensive to Jews," said Dovid Efune, the the editor of the Jewish newspaper "The Algemeiner."

How is it offensive to Jews, I wish they would have elaborated in more detail.

Efune said the ad is anti-Semitic.

How is it Anti-Semitic? It's a factual statement that the advertisement expresses.

"It paints Jews as aggressors, as imperialists, as people that are stealing or taking land from others," Efune said.

It does not paint Jews as the aggressors, it paints Zionists as the aggressors and righfully so. This is typical Zionist propaganda. I can't believe people actually fall for this crap.

Here is some information on the person who funded this advertisement.

Henry Clifford, the chairman of a group called the Committee for Peace in Israel and Palestine, spent $25,000 of his own money on the ads.

"The Palestinian people have lost most of their homeland and the map shows exactly what is happened to them," Clifford said.

When asked what he hopes to get out of the ad campaign, Clifford responded by saying he wants to "educate people."

"Simply to open their eyes and let them see what has happened on the map," he said.

Kudos to Henry Clifford for spreading the truth

And of course, certain groups want this advertisement taken down, how surprising

Efune is calling for the Metropolitan Transportation Authority to take the ads down. However, the MTA said it doesn't restrict ads on the basis of viewpoint and while it doesn't endorse the ad, the posters will remain up.

The Anti-Defamation League, for its part, called the ads "Deliberately misleading, biased and fundamentally anti-Israel."

This reminds me of the advertisement that caused controversy in Seattle that eventually got taken down.

Seattle says no to Israeli war crimes advertisement

The Zionist stranglehold on American society has gotten so bad that it has taken away your right of free speech. It seems you can only speak the truth as long as it fits certain agendas. If your opinion, and how you express it offends these agendas, your message will be suppressed.

Free Palestine!
edit on 18-7-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: added content to OP

+21 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Anything pro Palestinian is "Anti-Semetic" to the Government of Israel.

I mean come on, they don't want anybody pointing out that they run a Ghetto better known as an Open Aired Prison where they keep millions of people on the brink of starvation and death.

But that makes me anti-semetic too for not wanting other nations to own slaves they can herd like cattle.

Kind of ironic how they are screaming at the top of their lungs about dictators and tyrants in other countries yet we turn a blind eye to what we could consider Crimes Against Humanity if ANY other country did what they do.

~Tenth

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
That idiot said the ad is anti-semetic LOL
He doesn't know that arabs make up semitic population by a landslide, jews represent less than 8% of semites.
But I guess me explaining what a semite is is also anti-semetic

But I have alot of respect for that man, the one who used his own 25k to simply educate people

I'd like to shake his hand

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
What is really, truly sad is that the Israeli Government are the Anti-Semitic ones here. I think the Palestinians are the Semitic race in the region. Now, granted, there are a "few" Semitic Jews over there, but I think the Non-Semitics are suppressing them, their speech, etc.

"Anti-Semitic" is an overused guilt trip for people to continue their atrocities.

Respond with this when someone calls you "Anti-Semitic", no, I am not this term you apply to me, if anything, those who perpetrated these crimes are Anti-Human and deserve no quarter.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You are correct when you mention that anything pro-Palestinian is considered Anti-Semitic. This tactic is widely used by the Zionists. They like to convince people that they are the victims and that the Palestinians deserve the treatment they suffer due to their "terrorist agenda".

The Israeli government doesn't like to be exposed as the terrorists that they are and they do anything possible to influence public opinion on this matter.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Skada

"Anti-Semitic" is an overused guilt trip for people to continue their atrocities.

You are 100% right. I post this video in a lot of threads but I think it deserves to be posted in this thread as well due to it's relevance to your post.

Thankfully the trick they use doesn't work as well as it used to.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
S&F for a good cause.
Little by little people are waking up to what is going on.
I like this IN YOUR FACE truthful advertising.
Let's point our fingers at the TRUE terrorists.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
There was NEVER a Palestinian state or country.

Palestine was a teritory, region, land who changed hands from romans to otomans to brits, etc.Palestine was never a country with a LEADER, or GOVERNMENT or any type of NATIONAL assembly.

There is NO MAP or any DOCUMENT that can prove the contrary.

Hence, the Palestinians CANNOT be refugees from Palestine (an inexistent country).They can (and are) refugees from Israel, Syria, Lebanon, Egypt and Jordan.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Recollector

Funny, I have heard this lie before.
I have some maps and a few books that show this strip of land as Palestine.
If they keep saying it though, maybe someone will believe it.
But give the israeli terrorists time to finish this next holocaust.
Hitler would be proud ehh?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

There is NO MAP or any DOCUMENT that can prove the contrary.

How about a video ?

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

There is NO MAP or any DOCUMENT that can prove the contrary

Scroll to the right>>>>>>

Do you care to retract your statement yet?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Palestine was originally called Judea. The Romans as a insult to the hebrew king and people forced the name of Palestinia onto them because their king would not do as he was told by the roman empire. You can look it up. The PLO in a effort to steal lands they thought useless until it was brought to life suddenly overnight became the long lost Palestinians. Yasser Arafat(a egyptian by birth) Miraculously became palestinian. He even said so in his biography. And also..under the old ways of war a country losing to another usually gave up land correct?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The ADL were all over this one

Some people just can't handle the truth.

Hopefully this sign remains where everyone can see it since this man paid with his own money for a good cause but unfortunately the people he is up against have much more money

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Recollector
There was NEVER a Palestinian state or country.

there was never a country called the united states of america. ever. until british immigrants named the land they were standing on that.

there was however Anowarkowa, which the mohawk called this continent and which all the tribes lived on, each with their own nation until colonial genocide nearly wiped them out.

i can see why zionists and imperialists get along so well, they're each blind to their own injustices, but are the first to attack anybody who calls them out on it.
edit on 18-7-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Here is another example on how certain entities will do anything within their power to belittle the Palestinians and the daily hell they live through. Anyone who speaks out against Israel's domestic policy towards the rightful inhabitants of Israel (the Palestinians) will meet the wrath of the Zionist conglomerate.

www.informationclearinghouse.info...-cover

I think the advertisement is pretty bang on.

You should see some of the responses to the advertisement.

"The Palestinian people have lost most of their homeland and the map shows exactly what is happened to them," Clifford said.

When asked what he hopes to get out of the ad campaign, Clifford responded by saying he wants to "educate people."

"Simply to open their eyes and let them see what has happened on the map," he said.

Kudos to Henry Clifford for spreading the truth

And of course, certain groups want this advertisement taken down, how surprising

Efune is calling for the Metropolitan Transportation Authority to take the ads down. However, the MTA said it doesn't restrict ads on the basis of viewpoint and while it doesn't endorse the ad, the posters will remain up.

The Anti-Defamation League, for its part, called the ads "Deliberately misleading, biased and fundamentally anti-Israel."

This reminds me of the advertisement that caused controversy in Seattle that eventually got taken down.

Seattle says no to Israeli war crimes advertisement

The Zionist stranglehold on American society has gotten so bad that it has taken away your right of free speech. It seems you can only speak the truth as long as it fits certain agendas. If your opinion, and how you express it offends these agendas, your message will be suppressed.

Free Palestine!
edit on 18-7-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: added content to OP

Anything that puts Israeli policy in a bad light is touted as anti-Semitic by Israeli PR attorneys.

Go back to the early historical data of Israel's statehood (June 1948) and the story of the Deir Yassin massacre by the first Jewish terrorists, also referred to as the Ergun and Stern gangs - (www.deiryassin.org...).

Armed Jewish terrorist groups assaulted Arab villages and raped twelve year old girls while forcing their families to watch, then they shot them like dogs in the streets. This led to a mass exodus of at least 100,000 Palestinian Arabs for fear of more abuse. Their olive farms, herds and homes were immediately confiscated by Jews. This has been a systemic policy of Israel since 1948, and this is what led to the formation of the PLO, in order to defend their land and people.

In the past 60 years since then thousands of Arab elementary school children have been killed on their way to or from school by Israeli snipers. Palestinians have been cut off from commerce and starved in squalid conditions on lands that have been in their family circle for 600 years.

The problem is that this kind of news is suppressed by Israeli lawyers hired by the IDF to threaten legal action and costly law suites against western journalists and news corporations, so they just leave it alone.

Nobody wants to loose their job or make waves for the sake of truth. So, yes - the legal threat posed by Israeli extremist politics carries more weight than free speech and the free press. Write a letter to your congressman about this national security issues and you'll be ignored.

As a result, Americans especially are so dumbed down that when they hear any criticism at all toward Israeli human rights record, they automatically consider this antisemitism.

American tax payers give Israel more than 30 billion dollars a year under the heading of 'Economic Aid', which is diverted to the funding of military weapons manufacturing and genocide.

Just one of many things in American society that make them appear uninformed, detached and generally manipulated by civic organizations run by the interests of foreign agencies.
edit on 18-7-2012 by g2v12 because:

edit on 18-7-2012 by g2v12 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I guess sometimes the truth is anti-Semitic?

I agree 100% with your thread and may go down to the subways myself to check out these new ads and watch peoples reactions. Good find and post

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Yep. nothing enrages people like Jews speaking their opinion. Excuse me, Zionists.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Seems like the Jews and Arabs have both been there for quite some time. Whose land is it? Might makes right? Beats me.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
see I thought it was the daily incessant indiscriminate rocket attacks that illicited a response from the Israelis.

www.youtube.com...

They got their country back, the Palestinians are just as bad as everyone else.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

I guess sometimes the truth is anti-Semitic?

I agree 100% with your thread and may go down to the subways myself to check out these new ads and watch peoples reactions. Good find and post

If you decide to do that, please share the details. Even some phone video footage would be great if possible.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join