It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Relatives Sue Officials Over U.S. Citizens Killed in Yemen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Relatives Sue Officials Over U.S. Citizens Killed in Yemen

www.nytimes.com

Relatives of three American citizens killed in drone strikes in Yemen last year filed a wrongful-death lawsuit against four senior national security officials on Wednesday. The suit, in the Federal District Court here, opened a new chapter in the legal wrangling over the Obama administration’s use of drones in pursuit of terrorism suspects away from traditional “hot” battlefields like Afghanistan.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This suit relates to the Al-Awlaki deal from last year, and a couple of other drone attacks.

The article hints at possible methods of the justice department to keep this from going to court.. ie: national security.

I know it disturbed me, and quite a few others around ATS that the US would authorize kill not capture on folks who were citizens of the US.

I think it should be heard in court.. what say you?

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
No matter what the President and Government say, American Citizens by the law of this land deserve a trial.

This above all else is the most Disturbing thing in the Obama presidency and more Americans need to be afraid and outraged over this.

First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

edit on 18-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
If this goes through, I can only imagine the multitudes of people that may use this method to get more and more money from us...? How many American will take advantage of this?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ATSGrunt

If this goes through, I can only imagine the multitudes of people that may use this method to get more and more money from us...? How many American will take advantage of this?

really? as of right now 3 Americans that I know of have been killed in this method.

3 people, thats your answer...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I hope they win. I really do.

Eventhough its a long shot to think this will change our govts actions, I think it will be a good start.

good for the families

new topics

top topics

join