It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican quits race to become 'shadow' senator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Republican quits race to become 'shadow' senator

www.examiner.com

Iowa Republican Randi Shannon has dropped out of her state senate race, appalled at how utterly broken, corrupt and criminal the political process has become, and joined forces with a rogue "shadow government" that rejects the legitimacy of the existing Federal Government entirely.

"I am one of many people so disgusted with the options out there," she said in an interview with FoxNews.com. "But the government we have has to go."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.youtube.com
www.foxnews.com

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
This is a very bold move for anyone to take, specially when you're running for senate. This shows that every day more and more people feels disenfranchised from their government. I listened her on a radio interview also linked in this post and she seems to be sane and well-intentioned. What do you make of this?

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
hope she packs a good lunch, as she'll be in those shadows for the remainder of her life.

everyone likes the government when it does exactly what they want it to do.

now it has to go. what a joke.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
hope she packs a good lunch, as she'll be in those shadows for the remainder of her life.

everyone likes the government when it does exactly what they want it to do.

now it has to go. what a joke.

No, a lot of people have had a problem with the government for a long time. This isn't anything new. It's just reaching a tipping point for a lot of people. Call it 2012 fever if you want. A lot of awareness has been risen since Occupy started protesting nearly a year ago.

When did anybody love the government? When has it last done what anyone wanted other than bankers and CEOs and billionaire? I believe she loved having a good job, and thought she could make a difference. And is now realizing how bad it is.

Where is the joke in that? I really don't get that. Do you just love the current government or something? Or have you always loved the government? Does it and has it always done what you wanted? I'm just really confused about your statement that people love it when it does what they want and now it has to go and how big of a joke that is... It's almost as if you have some personal attachment to the current government that you didnt have with previous governments, speaking from a psychological perspective.

Are you related in some way to someone working in the government? Or do you feel some sort of kinship with anybody in the government right now? Someone you can relate to, and feel like they have gone through the same struggles you have, and so you just identify with them much more than any other person you have seen who held that particular position in the government?

Sorry, your comment just kinda came out of left field and I don't know what to make of it...where's the joke? Who has always loved the government before, but now for some reason feels it has to go?

Who are these people you speak of? You say "everybody" so I figure there must be a lot of them. At least, you must encounter a lot of them to describe them as being "everybody". But even though you say everybody, I sense that, whoever these people are, you don't feel any sense of belonging to them, because it seems like you see yourself as outside their group the way you scoff at what a joke their behavior seems to be to you.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but it just seems like you are talking about some "other" group of people of which you do not consider yourself a part of... Hmm... Oh well. I'm sure it'll come to me eventually. Anyway, thanks for the thought provoking statements. Talk to ya later

edit on 18-7-2012 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The government does not have to go. Republicans and Democrats are the ones who have to go.

[color=#FF0000]Beware of Democrats and Republicans!! They are all PROFESSIONAL POLITICIANS. Millionaires and lawyers looking out for themselves and their kin while screwing the average American. Americans can never be free until they rid themselves of CRIMINAL GANGSTERS who have to band together in bands called parties which are no better than MS13, The Latin Kings, or any other number of illegal criminal enterprises that prey on the weak and unwary.

Americans need to elect CITIZEN STATESMEN who are not beholding to criminal gangsters who give them backing and financing.
[color=#FFFFFF]
CITIZEN STATESMEN who are not PROFESSIONAL POLITICIANS and who love America more than they love power and money.

CITIZEN STATESMEN who will represent us instead of Lobbyists for corporations who ply them with under the table cash and benefits.

CITIZEN STATESMEN who will represent us instead of RULING OVER US.

[color=#3333FF]Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same coin. It is a dirty, soiled currency backed by graft and greed that will no longer purchase honest representation for the American voter and taxpayer.

The true patriot is not the man who defends a corrupt government. The true patriot is the man who defends the Constitution from that corrupt government.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It is a common misconception that it is the government that is failing the American people.

It is not now, nor ever was "the government."

It has always been the "club" of self-serving vainglorious professional celebrities and the sycophants they appoint that are (and have been) the problem.

Those "club members" have one glaring similarity... they are promoted and "sold" to us by one of two clearly controlled professional organizations - the Democrat Party and the Republican party. They are so moronically devoid of connection to the people and what they want and need that they actually can't realize their "party" is controlled and virtually "owned" by the same influences as the OTHER party.

The establishment of the Tea Party was the first real indicator that the citizens were not inclined to accept the political regime paradigm as it stood... but they were 'charmed' by the media glitz and celebrity membership of an aggressive Republican infiltration campaign. OWS was a leaderless whine-fest which became a mockery of its own purpose.

That a shadow government appears to exist could be a very frightening sign - assuming it is not just another venue to detract the people from their utter subjugation to robber barons and supranational cartels. Nearly anyone who has observed the political processes in play here know that there is something not quite right with the construct. Couple that with the free flow of special interest support (via "freedom of speech" SuperPAC money) and the perpetual insertion of "political" appointees from guilty industries directly into the governing system... and you have a 'no-holds barred' popularity club competition masquerading as "servants of the people."

I find it amazing that more would-be political personalities haven't revolted before.... but then, they wouldn't even be in the game if they hadn't bought into the rules already.

new topics

top topics

join