It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

any one ells decided to quit smoking with the electronic cigs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
after nearly 3 years smoking i have given up
i have given up for the last 10 days and still going stong with the help of the tornado-t compact from totaly wicked its unlike other e-cigs that i have tryed, it dosent look like one but it looks stylish ( every one asks what it is and if they can try it lol ) i have a black one but you can get diffrent colours to choose from, the only down side i think is how much you have to fill it up lol but that depends on how much you use it
you fill it up your self by removing the mouth peice and fill it up using a bottle, its quite small so you can carry it about with you and fill it up when you need it. i spent £35 on the starter kit and a £5 on the dotor pepper flavor thats the best tasting one they recomended me and it does taste like it ( the had one 200 flavors) , so all the expence i have spent on it its woth it because i used to spend nearly £50 on real ones a week and this one still has to run out after 10 days and im only half way through the first bottle and the one that comes with it, and you can use it in puplic places like pubs, bars, restaraunts ( i still ask if i can use it just because i dont want the fuss in explaining to people thats its legal to use) i did how ever when i asked and the mangement said it was ok, one woman in a resaraunt started screaming at me for using it in there and putting her kids at risk and started calling the police, it took 20 mins for management to calm her down and explain they cant do any thing about me using it because its not ilegal, after that she got up paid and left some people are just stuck in there ways, thats the only problem i have had others seem fine when explained to them,
so if any ones out there who's decided to quit give it a try i found it better then the sprays and patches they try to push on you
i hope this helps its helped me alot thats why i decided to make this thread it lives up to its name it is wicked

totaly wicked e-cigs

also if any one ells has any thing to add eg there expriences or how they stoped feal free

edit
im not trying to sell it i dont work for them this is whats helping me thanks

edit on 18-7-2012 by birdyat101 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2012 by birdyat101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Good job on quitting, I haven't tried those electronic cigs but I know some people who really like them; I'm pretty sure they're more costly in the long-run though. I actually quit cold-turkey about 4 months ago.. I've since had about 10 cigarettes, but I don't consider that bad because in comparison to the half a pack I'd smoke a day, I figure I'm doing a pretty good job.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I quit by systematically rolling smaller and smaller cigarettes, it took me about 2 months to stop then a year for my desire to smoke a cigarette to go away. The hardest part is not getting back into it after you have already quit.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by RustynailsK

congrats on quitting to
the best part is you can get smaller and smaller amounts of nicotine and stop after the lowest amount so it weens you of it the guy in the shop said i should be stoped fully in about 2 months

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I quit three weeks ago, I've been using the brand called blu you can buy them at any wallgreens, this one comes in the initial kit for sixty dollars, with a.case that charges the batteries and a usb plug that charges the batteries, and five cartridges. The cartridges can be bought at wallgreens for 15 dollars for five cartridges, each cartridge lasts about a day to two days, depending on how much you use it, but I must say this thing works very well and it is very convincing, and this comes from a long time smoker, the crazy thing is I wasn't even planning on quitting, I was at the store one day when I seen it and said let me try that, I haven't had a cigarette since.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DonVoigt

snap so did i lol i wnet in to get a 20 pack and came out with a e-cig now every time i smell one it makes me feel sick lol

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I am surprised some mod has not closed this thread as this was discussed a couple of days ago here is the link

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and to answer you I am waiting for my e-cig to be delivered I have smoked various substances for over 20 years and I am ready to quit cigarettes that is. I am also surprised the big smoke companies have not jumped on the e-cig bandwagon as each new e-cig vaper user cuts into there profits

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

I switched to e-cigs but waiting for a simple order made me go back.

They take too freaking long to arrive.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I see people at the college using these and they seem quite happy. I don't see them lighting real cigarettes outside, so it must work. Anything that works.....more power to 'em!

I quit myself 2 years ago last April..15th, just for some laughs on the anniversary date.

A combination for me is what did it and I'd been smoking from 13yrs old to 36yrs. Patches didn't do it....Zyban didn't do it. TOGETHER? Well..
One took out Physical the other took out Mental withdrawals. It was like a cheat mode and made quitting so easy I felt like I was doing something wrong. If only I'd known years sooner and before I watched my Dad go from lung cancer.
That was the motivator to finally move on it.

If E- cigs work...please..do it! If not? The above is worth a shot too. Just a suggestion for a problem I'd suggest anything, absolutely anything that works for each person. Anything is better and nothing can be worse..than smoking itself.
edit on 18-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
I am surprised some mod has not closed this thread as this was discussed a couple of days ago here is the link

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and to answer you I am waiting for my e-cig to be delivered I have smoked various substances for over 20 years and I am ready to quit cigarettes that is. I am also surprised the big smoke companies have not jumped on the e-cig bandwagon as each new e-cig vaper user cuts into there profits

that other topic is about a diffrent e-cig and this icludes my own personal expriance
and yer i found them really usefull

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Me and my partner quit about 4 weeks ago! All I can say is thank god we found the e-cigs! They are awesome! We went from the disposables to a tank type one. We now buy our e juice very cheap. Someone here said e-cigs are more expensive in the long run, they couldn't be more wrong! lol... It is the other way around!

We used to buy rolling tobacco (pre-rolled are far too expensive) even then it would cost us about 14 pound a week! Now we paid 34 pound up front for 2 vape sticks and the e juice costs us about 9 pounds a MONTH! Happy days!

Cheaper, no smell, tastes good (we have berrylicious at the mo), healthier (but yes I know not "healthy"), did I mention cheaper? Oh no ashtrays to get knocked over, no fire risk, no lighters... It's a no brainer!

I love, love, love my vape stick!

BTW a little trick I learned last night was "stealth vaping"... Inhale as normal, then hold for a second or two, then inhale again... exhale... nearly zero vape is visible! It's a great technique when you are somewhere and do not want to cause alarm.

Happy vaping people...

edit on 18-7-2012 by mee30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mee30
Me and my partner quit about 4 weeks ago! All I can say is thank god we found the e-cigs! They are awesome! We went from the disposables to a tank type one. We now buy our e juice very cheap. Someone here said e-cigs are more expensive in the long run, they couldn't be more wrong! lol... It is the other way around!

We used to buy rolling tobacco (pre-rolled are far too expensive) even then it would cost us about 14 pound a week! Now we paid 34 pound up front for 2 vape sticks and the e juice costs us about 9 pounds a MONTH! Happy days!

Cheaper, no smell, tastes good (we have berrylicious at the mo), healthier (but yes I know not "healthy"), did I mention cheaper? Oh no ashtrays to get knocked over, no fire risk, no lighters... It's a no brainer!

I love, love, love my vape stick!

BTW a little trick I learned last night was "stealth vaping"... Inhale as normal, then hold for a second or two, then inhale again... exhale... nearly zero vape is visible! It's a great technique when you are somewhere and do not want to cause alarm.

Happy vaping people...

edit on 18-7-2012 by mee30 because: (no reason given)

ha good for both of you
i really like mine try dotcor pepper its so nice lol and i also found out if you have 3 vapes in one go and hold your breath you get a right head rush lol

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
when that herb starts floating about mixed with tobacco, well for some reason everyone forgets about the e-cigs

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
hi mee,

I am new to vaping and I am already geting boring of my flavors.
Flat fresh flavors do you use?
Someone recommended me this: www.vape-compare.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

join