It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Holocaust Really Happen?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
reply to post by TKDRL

I just dont know its possible to read the title and then just hit reply without even reading the post , Maybe they just read the first couple of lines and get so angry!

Most likely what happens when anyone tries to discuss the holocaust , they see the first statement of the discussion then feelings and emotions take over and then it turn into a hate fest and no intelligent discussion can be had !

The problem lies with emotions and many many trolls over the year on ATS denying the Holocaust ever existed.

In my humble opinion the title could have been better, for the information that followed, if the OP was trying to stir emotions with the title to gain attention, then they got it.

The responses answered the title, and good content overlooked. It's not about denying ignorance, but choosing a proper title for a thread. I have made the mistake many times on ATS.

edit on 19-7-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
reply to post by EvanB

really how many of the manhattan project were jews ?

Leó Szilárd - jewish
Eugene Wigner - jewish
Edward Teller - jewish
Richard Feynman - atheist !
J. Robert Oppenheimer - jewish
Albert Einstein - hmm well he had very broad religious views , but came from a Jewish background
Enrico Fermi - Roman catholic I can assume from his fathers upbringing

I didnt know that before ! wow interesting in only that its ironic !

The irony is that the people who were being persecuted the most were the people who stopped the madness... I applaude the Jews and their accomplishments.. No other people have added more to the human race in terms of science, medicine and spirituality than the Jewish people.
edit on 19-7-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

I read the whole thing and had to reread it to see how so many people got it wrong.. In less than 30 seconds I understood that the OP meant the holocaust did happen and that the JWs stood strong throughtout in their disapproval. If people spent more than a minitue reading it then anyone should get that..
edit on 19-7-2012 by Nephlim because: changed you to people

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

If you can't be bothered to read a thread for 30 seconds before posting, then please don't post. I know its a emotional title, but there is power behind an emotional title, it gets more people to look at it. And those people are suppose to be smart enough to read it before posting but obviously this didn't happen.

30 seconds was all it took for me to understand that he was not denying the halocaust. 30 seconds!! instead of doing that you now have your post on the wall of shame..

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
A read of mein kampf should put more than a few things into perspective .
then you'd know , why he did what .

for the most part , he was a consistent mf too

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephlim
reply to post by Realtruth

If you can't be bothered to read a thread for 30 seconds before posting, then please don't post. I know its a emotional title, but there is power behind an emotional title, it gets more people to look at it. And those people are suppose to be smart enough to read it before posting but obviously this didn't happen.

30 seconds was all it took for me to understand that he was not denying the halocaust. 30 seconds!! instead of doing that you now have your post on the wall of shame..

If you took the time to read my post you would understand I did.

IMO the title could have been better, on ATS we are entitled to that as long as it conforms with the T&C

And asking another member on ATS not to post is very rude, condescending, pompous and arrogant.

I would have to say the wall of shame is the one with a mirror on it.
edit on 19-7-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Share among.

0:00 Introduction
6:54 Creating Ideas & Illusions
16:48 Fear
19:35 Religion
25:00 Beware the 1%
28:10 Emulating Psychosis
31:21 Rewriting History
41:15 The Birth of Propaganda
45:49 Cover Ups and Omissions
54:10 Complicity
58:05 Censorship
1:01:50 International Diplomacy
1:06:14 Television
1:08:11 Advertising
1:14:36 The Cult of Celebrity
1:22:34 Distraction
1:28:01 Terrorism
1:35:00 The Revolution Starts Now
edit on 19-7-2012 by Y3K89 because: Content Adding

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
What I find really funny and possibly ironic is everyone knows a holocaust survivor, Doesn't that seem a little odd to anyone

Sorry I just find it a very odd way to prove the holocaust happened.

And as for the OP thread, well its moved on just as many other threads get slightly awry.
edit on 19-7-2012 by ken10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Evan I think that your statement that the jewish people have done more for humanity is maybe just your opinion and not actually fact ! To say that the jews have done more for humanity than any other humans or group of humans collectively is just rubbish !
Sure dont get me wrong there have been many many great jewish people but to say that wouldnt be true !

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT
A read of mein kampf should put more than a few things into perspective .
then you'd know , why he did what .

for the most part , he was a consistent mf too

He didn't write a lot of it you know? Rudolf Hess and Karl Haushofer wrote considerable amounts of it.

But as far as laying out his objectives, in intricate detail, yes. Churchill evidently found it most useful

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

For me, at any rate, that was an intriguing question. I did a little preliminary looking and I found that estimates of survivors ranged from 3 - 6 million. But what really surprised me was the definition everone used for "Jewish holocaust survivor." A Jew living in a Nazi controlled or influenced European country at any time between 1933 -1945, or who left such a country to avoid Nazism. I never realized the definition was so broad.

edit on 19-7-2012 by charles1952 because: typo

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ketsa
The best documentary I saw about this particular question is by a French historian : "Un Homme - Faurisson"
Very interesting and thorough.

www.unhommefaurisson.com...
English subtitles available.

There is no denying Jews had problems during the war, just the story of 6 million deaths in gas chambers seems to be a bit too much.

Faurisson is not a French 'Historian', he holds a PhD in French Literature. His theories about the holocaust are unfounded and based entirely upon his own anti-semiticism and belief in fascism. He hired a chemist, Jean Luc Pressac, to examine the remains of the gas chambers at Auschwitz to confirm his theories that they were not used for mass exterminations. Pressac was unable to do that, and eventually published an exhaustative report confirming that the gas chambers were designed, built and used for the sole purpose of mass murder.

Faurisson, and his 'colleague' Zundel, are little more than hatemongers.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

.... No other people have added more to the human race in terms of science, medicine and spirituality than the Jewish people.

Now that is the kind of statement that seems very debatable to me.

The idea that any one people can be claimed to have contributed "more" than any other in science, medicine, and spirituality cries of bias as strong as that which is displayed by those who praise the villainy of Hitler.

... do you really believe this? Or were you being creative in your verbiage?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

Why would you find it an odd way to confirm the Holocaust?

As has been said many times, there were many survivors; and a good many of them emigrated to other lands. So naturally, people like myself who were born within a couple of decades of the Holocaust would possibly get to know some?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

For those that deny it's existence, couched in the form of what they call revisionism, using eye witnesses would destroy their argument so they brush those pesky things like facts, evidence, witnesses etc under the rug.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Biliverdin

Faurisson is not a French 'Historian', he holds a PhD in French Literature.

The documentary is by a French Historian, Paul-Eric Blanrue, he is interviewing Mr Faurisson and they go into many interesting minute details.

Faurisson, and his 'colleague' Zundel, are little more than hatemongers.

I also thought Faurisson was completely nuts, UNTIL I saw that documentary.
Now I know this guy is not what the mainstream media wants us to believe.

the gas chambers were designed, built and used for the sole purpose of mass murder.

Look at this Film and draw your own conclusion, it is not nonsense, the film is good.

Jews were mudered, a lot of them died because of the NAZI. there is no doubt.

6 million in gas chambers ? Maybe not.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Originally posted by EvanB

.... No other people have added more to the human race in terms of science, medicine and spirituality than the Jewish people.

Now that is the kind of statement that seems very debatable to me.

The idea that any one people can be claimed to have contributed "more" than any other in science, medicine, and spirituality cries of bias as strong as that which is displayed by those who praise the villainy of Hitler.

... do you really believe this? Or were you being creative in your verbiage?

Even from the spiritual sense.. Can you argue that a very small group of Jews (Jesus and the disciples) did not profoundly affect the human race, culture, law and so on? Literally billions of people??

As for science the Jews have contributed more Nobel winners in terms of ethnic/cultural group than any other per capita.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

Did the holocaust really happen? You could ask my late granfathers Polish family, except you can't as they were all murdered in the holocaust. He escaped and made his way to England to join the RAF. What is the point of your post when this is a historical fact that only the most deranged revisionist will try and counter?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Dude .. seriously? Jesus who said 'turn the other cheek' .. 'pray for your enemies' ... and who died for others ... if you really think Hitler would have liked Jesus, then why didn't Hitler try to be more like him??

edit on 7/18/2012 by FlyersFan because: less of a quote ...

I can see that being a perfect reason why Hitler would publicly endorse the teachings of Jesus Christ. "Pray for your enemies", "Turn the other cheek" - they would be the ideal reactions for those dissenting for him.

I think Primo Levi's books present one of the finest sources of Auschwitz on a subjective, personal level, regardless of what attackers he has inevitably gained.

Also, can people please start reading threads before getting worked up. OP has not denied the holocaust.
edit on 19-7-2012 by yes4141 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I've got to agree with you about the Jews, but I think a fairly decent case could be made out for the Romans. Other than that, though. . . Not the Chinese, or the Africans, Egypt would fall below Rome, not Islam, nothing in South America. No, it looks like the Jews and the Romans, 9 to 8 you pick 'em.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join