It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is way too racist

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

People who tout freedom of speech seem to be the last to know that it is not unlimited.

Libel and Slander
Was the statement false, or put in a context that makes true statements misleading? You do not have a constitutional right to tell lies that damage or defame the reputation of a person or organization.

Obscenity
In June 1973 in Miller v. California, the Supreme Court held in a 5-to-4 decision that obscene materials do not enjoy First Amendment protection.

In Miller v. California (1973), the court refined the definition of “obscenity” established in Roth v. United States (1957). It also rejected the “utterly without redeeming social value” test of Memoirs v. Massachusetts.

In the three-part Miller test, three questions must receive affirmative responses for material to be considered “obscene”:

Would the average person, applying the contemporary community standards, viewing the work as a whole, find the work appeals to the prurient interest?
Does the work depict or describe sexual conduct in a patently offensive way?
Does the work taken as a whole lack serious literary, artistic, political, or scientific value?

link

edit on 18-7-2012 by nixie_nox because: sometimes ATS puts links in weird spots

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I think on ATS they're are too many people who try so hard to be "anti racist" that they turn regular discussions into a huge racist fest and everyone who has an opinion that they can twist into being racist they do it.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Freedom of speech/expression is exactly that, hence the name 'freedom of speech'. If there are caveats, it's not 'free'.

By your definition, they have freedom of expression over in China, provided you wouldn't say anything that disturbs the social order. They had freedom of expression in Soviet Russia, as long as you didn't openly criticise the Control Committee or its ideas.

The criteria for the 'Miller test' look very subjective, by the way.
edit on 18-7-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Black peoples are racist too , and the "Because I'm black" thing is no more funny , it's cheesy .

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

Ummmmm racists. Try and keep up.

So your point about birthrates dropping around the globe was referring to racists?

Where do get your statistics for that?

I got it from them. They are the ones freaking out about it on their own websites. I monitor EVERYTHING

ALL OF IT

That's why I am laughing.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

I got it from them. They are the ones freaking out about it on their own websites. I monitor EVERYTHING

I wouldn't know what is on those sites, never went there.

When I read your first post, I actually thought that you were speaking of whites in general... now that is cleared up, it is all good.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com... The title of the op remains incorrect, but

The nazis , hilters , and the neo-nazis must only serve as example of truly evil behaviour.
State Extremism , wrong in the past and future or not ,give it this definition Even the bigoted nationalist aka , the common racist , has an extreme view related to his nation state .
Multicultural/transnational State Extremism is recently serious
Just because we say someone is a Ugandan Asian living in Britain , does NOT mean they not a heinously vile ,
'multicultural' state extremist , or a mercenary poisoner and murderer , a filthy pedophile , who should never have been allowed in this country . Much like Bush employing the former kgb sof, it doesnt mean these infiltrators , whoever their operatives , are not going to be the mayor of the town as well as serve other civic functions , in a way that uses the 'anti-racist' slant, as a cover , 'integration' as a unliftable cloak
Not allowing identifications regarding race, can serve a purpose in state operations. eg staffed by 'fast-track passport' Rhodisians recruited by ' head-hunting' for mental health care assistants , in africa. Any discrimination in these terms / id or original ethnic origins by individual or esp by _grouping , is immediately seen as 'intolerable' by those who manipulate situations using these means. that being even though a cultural education from far-away lands can be a blessing or a curse

Having them defined properly makes them smaller, or helps keep this kind of crap at arms length
edit on 18-7-2012 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2012 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

so a rant thread that exploits the Black Race with no direction other that exploiting for ATS Fair Air Time is in order?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by XeroOne

Just because people call it freedome of speech doesn't meant there are not regulations.
Arguing over the definition of freedom doesn't change these facts.
The limitations were put there by the Supreme Court and for very good reason.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
There are 5 races in the world:
1) Mongoloid (Asian and American Indian)
2) Caucasoid (European)
3) Australoid (Australian and oceanic)
4) Negroid (east African black)
5) Capoid (south African black)

All races have been enslaved throughout history. Absolutely every single one of them. Many people of varying races are still slaves today. Slavery in itself has changed only in that it is less obvious. Human trafficking, selling women that will be used as sex slaves against their will under thread of death is one. Others are Arabs hiring 'home helps' or 'childminders' from the Philippines yet won't pay wages to them and let them live in squalor or abusing them to death.

All people of almost all races have and will overcome a temporary misfortune. What about the forgotten Indian slaves?
www.raceandhistory.com... ames/read/1362

Yet the Indians here in Britain own shops, have faught wars for the British [Gurkhas], are very hard working and I have to say an intelligent race altogether. Those people that have been enslaved were merely a glitch in their colourful history. No reason to claim special rights or special treatment for ever.

There were Irish and Saxon slaves to the Vikings, heck every race has at some point be enslaved. Not to forget that it was quite 'de rigeur' for thsoe Africans that were only after money to catch their own to make a good living.
Maybe black African people want to deal with those traitors as well as Caucasians.

And at last I will get to the point.
Japan is hit by the biggest manmade disaster ever [twice: once the USA dropped a massive bomb and the other time their reactors blow] and yet they rebuild their country, manage to stay civilised and show so much dignity that it hurts.

I don't go and hate people for no reason, heck I hate usually anyone unless they show me different. But I have to say that whilst there are a few good Africans [yes I worked with lots and have friends and the whole palaver] the majority has to learn one word:

- Responsibility [as in 'take responsibility' for your own actions]

Stop blaming everyone else for your short comings and stop blaming the colour of your skin. Nobody is interested in your skin!
It is all about conduct and behaviour. I know of no other people that need so much help, understanding, handouts and special treatments. Are you all 'special' [I mean in the handicapped way]?
I thought not.
You are human and you have the same pair of hands that we all have. No difference.

And before anyone cries out that my post is 'racist', I'd like to point out that it is the exact opposite.
I am speaking to Africans just the same way I speak to anyone else. If I have to start choosing my words carefully because of race, then it would be racist. I see no colour, I only see how people behave in general.

Oh, last but not least. One of my best friends is Cameroonian and she agrees with all of the above but then she isn't a whinger and has made something of herself.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kastogere
Like Morgan Freeman said, if you stop talking about it over time it goes away.

Oh whatever, that quack was just in the MSM the other day blaming racism for opposition to Obama.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
I always thought it was common sense that people are a product of their environment. Most of the negative stereotypes come with being born in the inner city. All the people that live in the ghetto, regardless of race generally have these issues.

There's more than a kernel of truth in that. Poor environment is the breeding ground of hate. Check this out from Lean on Me(warning a few racist labels but the character was making a point, not calling anyone names:

Also:

What do you notice in both of those? Black, White and Latino. It's not about color. It's about an environment that the PTB have created that breeds anger and hate. Why? To keep us divided. Again, why? Carlin's stance on society, "The rich pay none of the taxes, do none of the work. The middle class does all of the work and pays all of the taxes. The poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class so they keep showing up at those job. It happens to work. *snip* While they, the rich, take all of the money and run to the bank."

I can't disagree with that in a general sense. So if you want to keep playing this "race game" just remember you are playing into those hands.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Do I just mentally block out all of these threads? I haven't seen ONE about Hitler or Blacks. A few muslim bashing threads, and I noticed one concerning hating women or something to that effect, but once a thread gets to be a hundred or so replies I'm usually overwhelmed and stop checking it.

I'll be very honest and admit that sometimes a thread will get to me about zombies, religion, out of body experiences...all that crap. I'll sometimes reply with a caustic remark, but when it comes to the races I only see humans (good guys and bad guys no matter their color or nationality).

Though I don't list people as friends, I've always enjoyed reading your comments in every thread I've seen you in.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I was wondering the same thing, especially about the Hitler thing.

I have seen two threads about Nazi war criminals in the past month, but Hitler wasn't glorified in anything that I read. There was the typical anti-Zionist stuff, but that comes up in a lot of threads.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

A hundred years ago you might have had an argument...but now it's just pathetic...find me a whites only scholarship for college...and in return I'll show you a thousand minority only scholarships!

Just shows you don't live in reality. Racism didn't die in the 1960s.

Does my white daughter somehow become less deserving of a college education because your grandpa was subject to persecution a hundred years ago?

Um black people are subject to inequality today. And private organizations can help whoever they like. There are a ton of German, Italian, all the other European American scholarships. Ton of ones for women too. Apply.

Redlining is just one example...which still goes on today directly helped create the ghettos and create prevalent poverty in the black community. Blacks are routinely discriminated against by banks and do not get approved for loans even if they have better jobs, better credit ratings, better everything than whites.

Redlining is the practice of denying, or increasing the cost of services such as banking, insurance, access to jobs,[2] access to health care,[3] or even supermarkets[4] to residents in particular, often racially determined,[5] areas.

Although in the United States informal discrimination and segregation have always existed, the practice called "redlining" began with the National Housing Act of 1934, which established the Federal Housing Administration (FHA).[10] The federal government contributed to the early decay of inner city neighborhoods by withholding mortgage capital and making it difficult for these neighborhoods to attract and retain families able to purchase homes.[11]

During the heyday of redlining, the areas most frequently discriminated against were black inner city neighborhoods. For example, in Atlanta in the 1980s, a Pulitzer Prize-winning series of articles by investigative reporter Bill Dedman showed that banks would often lend to lower-income whites but not to middle- or upper-income blacks.

Dan Immergluck writes that in 2002 small businesses in black neighborhoods still received fewer loans, even after accounting for business density, business size, industrial mix, neighborhood income, and the credit quality of local businesses.[20] Gregory D. Squires wrote in 2003 that it is clear that race has long affected and continues to affect the policies and practices of the insurance industry.[21] Workers living in American inner cities have a harder time finding jobs than suburban workers.[22

Lending institutions such as Wells Fargo have been shown to treat black mortgage applicants differently when they are buying homes in white neighborhoods than when buying homes in black neighborhoods.

Bank of America on Wednesday was ordered by the Justice Department to pay a $335 million settlement for the company’s part in a discriminatory lending market that denied black and Hispanic home buyers the approval needed to purchase homes.

Allegations against Countrywide involved more than 200,000 minority borrowers and found that Countrywide charged those lenders more money than they charged to white borrowers with similar credit profiles from 2004 through 2008.

www.inquisitr.com...

edit on 18-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

If you go in the search box and type in Hitler you'll see two Hitler threads that were created recently, have tons of replies, bunch of people that go on about how Hitler was great and Auchwitz had a swimming pool. Both which were deleted because of hateful posts.

Black Mob raids Walmart was closed because of hatespeak, Chicago gang war thread has multiple racist posts, and parents start fight in LA school thread. And this is only the ones that are recent that I can remember and seen.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I have no trouble with the color of people's skin.

I do, however, have an issue with certain cultures and their attitudes towards other races. Any culture that is exclusionary, racist, small-minded, and cruel, I do not like.

I like to take people as individuals. If they cannot do the same to me because I "act white", then it is they who have the problem, not me.

I'm going to write something now that most of y'all won't like: The black culture has a serious problem here in the United States. Notice I said CULTURE, not race. I have worked jobs where I was the only light face there (and I'm olive-skinned, not whitey-white), and the cultural attitude was just awful. Not with all of the blacks who were there, but the majority, who tenaciously adhered to stereotypes, racism, and downright meanness.

As long as the black community has a chip on its shoulder, thinks it is okay for its men to be violent, uneducated and not responsible for their actions or their babies, it will hold itself back. As long as its women think it is perfectly fine to start popping out children while still a young teenager, perfectly fine to not use birth control with a man who already has a bunch of kids, perfectly fine to not finish school and have a bunch of kids with different men, it will hold itself back.

ANY community which holds these ideals will never get anywhere in this life, and much of the misery they experience will be brought upon themselves. I think of some of the wonderful black friends I have had, how hard they worked without complaining, and how fun and supportive they were, I am saddened when I see flash mobs of black kids trashing a store and stealing because the po po broke up their party.

I won't go into the bullying I have received, as a child and as an adult, by all colors (olive-skinned folks with curly hair seem to defy easy racial stereotyping, so I have been called black, half-black, middle-eastern, mexican, jewish, you name it...none of those are correct). I know what it is like to be picked on and excluded simply because of how I look. But I do not whine about it, brood over it, or use it as an excuse to be violent, criminal, or hateful. The cultures of ignorance, exclusion and hate are the 1,000 pound gorilla in the room that everybody dances around and pretends doesn't exist (unless it is the white culture, and then there are TV specials and protests about it).

I'm sick of it already. Racism comes in all colors and creeds. And yeah, the bunch of black kids trashing the Wal Mart are representative of a racist, exclusionary culture. That's truth. Deal with it. Only by facing the truth and making every skin color accountable can we begin to heal and change.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

Where are the threads about white people? The MSM doesn't berate blacks and other minorities?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ScatterBrain

*Shrugs Your race is bent on being owed something rather that earning something. Fix that darling.

An entire race isn't based off anything. I could say the same thing about white people because nearly all the Fed chairmen are white. But that's just stupid because you can't generalize millions of people.

And that video of that black girl is just stupid. She got bullied in highschool, big deal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join