It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian defense minister killed in suicide blast

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The attack was way too efficient to not have been organized by some foreign intelligence agency. There can be no doubt.

It happened on a day of an important international vote on the subject.
It killed several very important syrian officials and a family member of assad.

Its WAY too smooth to be some random rebels. I would bet a few euros that this had at least some planning and support by one of the major intelligence agencies.

Excellent work, btw.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by fedeykin

I agree with you unless it was done by some ex Blackwater mercenaries, as for the rebels they only cleared the path for them.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

IMO,
Put quite simply, they are the rock that balances the scales with Iran as the other rock on the other side. The pivot zone is Iraq, Saudi, Turkey, Bahrain, Kuwait etc who are more or less open for business with the West. A trifecta insuring no one gets complete control of the ME. Iran will never do it, some fractured squabbling caliphate MB hodge podge won't either as they and Iran are pitted against each other. There simply is no place in the picture for the Tyranical dictator model anymore they are being pushed off the scales in favor of pro Islamic democracies. This gives the "Arab Street" regional majority a place at the table. The Dictatorships were all made up from tiny minorities. You can delve into the religious factions to get the more precise definition of "Arab Street" but that phrase will suffice here.
edit on 18-7-2012 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

So how is Syria "balancing out" Iran when they have held hands for years, most notably in destabilization efforts in Lebanon?

Also, there is no such critter as an "Islamic democracy". No. Such. Thing. you're being sold a bill of goods if you are being told otherwise.

There appears to be a Muslim Brotherhood strategy afoot to re-establish the Caliphate, and it looks to be working very well, with the willing assistance of those it will be fighting to conquer a few years down the road. That just boggles the mind. They've already established 3 spread-centers, and are well on their way to establishing the fourth.

The "dictators" at least kept every nation factionalized and compartmentalized. just wait to see what has been wrought when the Muslim Brotherhood starts consolidation and unification, rather than the current division.

When that happens, pat yourself on the back and proudly announce "that's my tax dollars at work!"

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

As long as they don't start an Islamic Crusade to take back the holy land, we will be ok.

Oh.. and keep them away from nuclear weapons, those are not a good idea in the hands of potential "martyrs".

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

I agree with you unless it was done by some ex Blackwater mercenaries, as for the rebels they only cleared the path for them.

Wow, blame the US and discredit the rebels all in one sentence, bet you are proud of that one even though there is not one shred of evidence to pick the catchphrase "Blackwater" out of thin air. May as well toss in a Haliburton and Mossad next time too for good measure.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

You guys sure don't give Arabs much credit for smarts when it comes to blowing stuff up.

I assure you, they are very good at such endeavors. Arabs are much smarter than you give them credit for.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by fedeykin

As long as they don't start an Islamic Crusade to take back the holy land, we will be ok.

Oh.. and keep them away from nuclear weapons, those are not a good idea in the hands of potential "martyrs".

You're not real clear on "the caliphate" are you?

Out of curiosity, what do YOU think that would include, territory-wise? Hint: you might want to examine some maps of the old caliphate. Take a close look at al-Andalus, then Indonesia, and then take note of what lies between those two ends of the empire.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

IMO,
Put quite simply, they are the rock that balances the scales with Iran as the other rock on the other side. The pivot zone is Iraq, Saudi, Turkey, Bahrain, Kuwait etc who are more or less open for business with the West. A trifecta insuring no one gets complete control of the ME. Iran will never do it, some fractured squabbling caliphate MB hodge podge won't either as they and Iran are pitted against each other. There simply is no place in the picture for the Tyranical dictator model anymore they are being pushed off the scales in favor of pro Islamic democracies. This gives the "Arab Street" regional majority a place at the table. The Dictatorships were all made up from tiny minorities. You can delve into the religious factions to get the more precise definition of "Arab Street" but that phrase will suffice here.

So how is Syria "balancing out" Iran when they have held hands for years, most notably in destabilization efforts in Lebanon?

Also, there is no such critter as an "Islamic democracy". No. Such. Thing. you're being sold a bill of goods if you are being told otherwise.

See that right there is the problem, when Assad is gone Syria won't be holding hands with Iran any longer so problem solved. They will be back to being rivals, the MB will make sure of that.

They will vote in their leaders and they are Islamic peoples. It already happened in Egypt, they have an Islamic democracy. It doesn't matter if it works or not it keeps the "Arab Street" occupied. If you choose not to recognize it by that name I could care less, it is there and it is real and it is happening now.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by fedeykin

You're not real clear on "the caliphate" are you?

Out of curiosity, what do YOU think that would include, territory-wise? Hint: you might want to examine some maps of the old caliphate. Take a close look at al-Andalus, then Indonesia, and then take note of what lies between those two ends of the empire.

The "caliphate" fractured long ago. There are too many religious differences and factions for it to ever rise again. The dream of a "Caliphate" is alive and well though, something available to manipulate, as any wish that is strong enough is a weakness to be exploited.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Best time to hit Iran is when it's allies are already fully engaged.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

See that right there is the problem, when Assad is gone Syria won't be holding hands with Iran any longer so problem solved. They will be back to being rivals, the MB will make sure of that.

And before long, the US will be begging Iran to ally with them against a much greater threat. I wonder what the US will have to give Iran to cement that marriage? What is it the US has now that the Iranians want in the near future?

They will vote in their leaders and they are Islamic peoples. It already happened in Egypt, they have an Islamic democracy. It doesn't matter if it works or not it keeps the "Arab Street" occupied. If you choose not to recognize it by that name I could care less, it is there and it is real and it is happening now.

No such thing as an Islamic Democracy. That's like calling the US a Methodist Democracy because Methodists vote in secular elections. Let's just see how long it lasts in Egypt, hmmm? The difference in Egypt is that there are enough Muslims to force their will when the time is right, and the US doesn't have enough Methodists to counter the rest. I'm betting that when all the chips are on the table, you'll see Egypt, Libya, Syria, etc slide into a unified Islamic Theocracy of the Sunni variety pretty fast.

Almost like it was planned that way....

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

The "caliphate" fractured long ago. There are too many religious differences and factions for it to ever rise again. The dream of a "Caliphate" is alive and well though, something available to manipulate, as any wish that is strong enough is a weakness to be exploited.

Time will tell, and the clock is running right now.

Tick, tock, tick, tock....

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I find it incredibly odd how the people who would appear to be defending Radical Jihadis the strongest in every other way are also the ones quickest to apparently imply they can't cross the street without a set of directions and some form of outside assistance. Why would this need to be an intelligence agency, as some would suggest it has to have been? Why would it have been at all? The CIA has never been this subtle. They hire sledgehammer contractors to make statements. Real targets have heart attacks out of the clear blue, and while enjoying good health in all other ways.

I'd find this funny as ever, actually, if Syria weren't the center of so much more happening. Ironic, is how the humor comes in. Not in a slapstick funny way. Syria has been hosting such peaceful NGO's as Hezbollah, Hamas, Islamic Jihad and even the PLO at one time in the past...like a Terrorist version of Embassy Row there in Damascus for years. Now their top Military guy gets a suicide bomb. The world is an interesting place some days.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Wow, blame the US and discredit the rebels all in one sentence, bet you are proud of that one even though there is not one shred of evidence to pick the catchphrase "Blackwater" out of thin air. May as well toss in a Haliburton and Mossad next time too for good measure.

Many folks on ATS probably have a big list of phrases and re-useable sentences that they simply copy'n paste the same 'agenda' over and over again
I bet the real designer of the weapon used in the suicide blast in this particular case is upset as hell after much of the MSM and/or blog/forums are pointing their fingers to the West
It is all too convenient just because the US has a significant presence globally to be labelled as troublemaker. I have posted several links in several other threads which doesn't cover the entire history but it attempts to shed some light on the ME region which has a history of violent past since thousands of years. But then again, it is like the performance review at work where only the recent accomplishments (memory) sticks out for the annual raise
US is just a recent player compared to the history of ME and its politics in ME

edit on 19-7-2012 by hp1229 because: add content

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by FX44rice

Originally posted by R6A6W6

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
that's a pretty impressive strike.. hitting the heart of the military planning rooms..
while it will be labeled a rebels hit, i doubt it was done by real revolutionary Syrians.

It sounds almost too precise to me and (just IMO) its sounding like a CIA plot.

I was wondering when some would finally reach this conclusion. My exact thoughts when I saw the Breaking News Headline on MSNBC.

And we have more unfounded "feelings" about the CIA running things...

How about someone trying to present some evidence for it, instead of just making an assumption because you're suspicious of everything?

I have no doubt that the US and UK are involved somewhere, every country is involved in other countries in numerous ways. But there is absolutely no chance in hell the CIA has managed to convince an entire population that they are being shelled by Assad's tanks if they're not. There is no way in hell the CIA have people all over Syria dressed as Syrian military attacking cities, towns and villages. There is absolutely no way in hell something like that can be "faked".

People need to grow up and accept that not everything on the planet is a CIA plot. Sometimes a dictator does go batsh!t crazy and starts to slaughter his own people. And sometimes those people do rise up on their own to fight back. And sometimes, just sometimes, the people win, without the help of the CIA.

Like I said, I fully accept that there will be American involvement. Just as I accept that there will be Chinese and Russian involvement too. Everyone has their own interests in the stability or instability of another nation, and when governments are controlled by corporations - as ours are - they are going to be looking for ways to profit.

But there is no doubt that Assad has been killing his own people - outside involvement or not, that has to be stopped. I just hope they manage to stop him in time, before he uses the disgusting weapons that other countries sold him!

I fail to see any facts presented by you. All I see are your "Feelings" that "there is no way in hell" certain scenarios you have theoriized could happen. Have you ever visited Syria? Can you even point it out on a globe? Have you ever spoeken to any clandestine CIA agents?

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join