It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian defense minister killed in suicide blast

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

sorry man ,bombs strapped onto someone cannot burn the entire building.That much of explosive has to be planted or it has to be a truck based RDX bomb.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
American vets are committing suicide in record numbers, many of them are now seeing who the true terrorists are.

CIA - MOSSAD - AL QUEADA is the real "Axis of Evil.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

the story is fluid.

but if its his body guard, that's even worse for the former syrian government than if it had been a rebel.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

That bodyguard angle is a rebel claim...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas

the story i'm reading says that the bomb was planted.

the rebel commander says none of his people were killed in the attack.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Well as the old saying if he says so it must be the true right? after all the rebels would never lie to us. And the mainstream news outlets is just and he are just doing this to fit in with the narrative.
edit on 18-7-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

as true as any other story that's being told.

surely you realize that.

besides...what can be accepted is that there was an explosives attack and the brother in law of the president of syria and the defense minister were killed in it.

lets not get sidetracked about the details of how it happened.
edit on 18-7-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
No way this was a suicide attack.

If you have someone INSIDE Assad's inner circle, would you risk him comit suicide or have him plant a bomb?

It is well-known that a bomb can miss his target (see Hitler), and one guy can suicide only once.

It was either a bomb planted where the meeting was, or most likely, a big truck filled with explosives that detonated outside with the purpose of maiming, killing, or only to show that FSA can get very close.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Recollector

Still it shows that the FSA have and will use terrorist tactics.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Both sides are using terrorism as a tool to achieve their political ends. Neither side is in the right when there is killing involved.
edit on 18-7-2012 by Peruvianmonk because: Layout

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

who has shown this?

do you have a link i can view were the suicide bombers head is displayed?

those bombs don't destroy the remains.

if a link has already been posted showing the suicide bombers ruin...which page?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Update: My syrian friend has stated that in certain suburbs where the rebels have taken several civilians hostage and using them as human shields while attacking the syrian army. Rebels have holed themselves into buildings and are using them as bunkers and pillboxes.

Also Rebels have been flushed out of certain buildings by special forces but most people in those buildings were killed by insurgents.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I am following the live BBC newsfeed on Syria.

Maya Naser, a pro-government Syrian who appears to be in Damascus, tweets: heavy gun shots have been heard In Baghdad St #Damascus

There are unconfirmed reports that General Hassan Turkomani, a former defence minister and senior military official, also died in today's reported explosion.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Are the FSA and others actually about to depose Assad? My first thoughts were that this was a premature attempt on Damascus proper. I mean how many fighters can there actually be in Damascus? Are there or have there been much larger defections from the army than we have been led to believe?

You would think the Syrian army, at full strength, would be able to deal with this quite handily, what with their purported heavier weapons and greater numbers. This really could be the middle of the end or as I originally thought, a hasty and premature attack on the capital.

edit on 18-7-2012 by Peruvianmonk because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

There were reports that a doctor had treated people for symptoms that are related to chemical weapons so it's plausible by all means, didn't have the equipment to perform an etiology report....

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

My Syrian friend is saying that there are 700-800 terrorists armed with heavy weaponry and 120 mm mortars are attacking the syrian army and have taken civilians hostage as insurance policy human shield.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
are there any pictures of the alleged suicide bomber?

surely an unaccounted for leg, or arm shouldn't be hard to miss in a government building.

post a link, please.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

SANA and other syrian news channels are hacked .

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

you can join this group on facebook:

www.facebook.com...

Almost all the members there are syrian.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Are there or have there been much larger defections from the army than we have been led to believe?

Not defections.But yes a lot of special forces and muslim brotherhood units have done coordinated strikes.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas

all i know is that the rebels said it was a planted device and the syrian state tv said it was a suicide bomber.

suicide bombers are the signature of a certain group.

show the body so people can better understand the nature of both the state tv and the rebels.

the viewers at home deserve it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join