It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A very unusual find in the mountains of Peru.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Thanks for the weird posts but they do nothing to construct a positive identification of the anomalous object. This particular area of the Andes is very unique. There are many huge land sculptures showing on the images. In fact, if you carefully study the images I have posted above you may find some of these exceptional features. I feel that these land sculptures are linked in some way to the anomalous object.

Here is the image I promised of some measurements which shows the anomaly to be a very large object.

Direct view:

i985.photobucket.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

The yellow shaky circle is highlighting what I think is the closest thing in these pics to the baltic sea anomaly OP tell me if I am close

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by arianna

Wish we could just pop over and take a look! looks like there are numerous cave areas around there, one big one by the middle lakes in the cliff wall.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by arianna

Nice find

I'm not sure what it could be but my guess wouldn't be that good of one any ways. Sorry if this has been mentioned already but how close is this to the Nazca lines?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Aarcadius

I thought the purpose of ATS was to participate in a relevant discussion ... not make asinine comments that waste bandwidth and offer nothing but taunts and ridicule ..

If you have nothing to offer why waste the time unless you enjoy trolling ?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

Zoomed, brightened, lowered contrast.

Odd for a natural rock structure, IMO.

It could be a syncline/anticline. They often exhibit 'odd' structures to the untrained eye.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The "skid" looks like the side collapsed, then lava flowed down that side.
Bit of an odd shape though.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Yea, you can see a point of impact to the East and a blast through the mountain range immediately West of 'impact'. Then it almost looks as if the object skips the ground a bit before running into the range further West. Also that circular area in the bottom right corner looks like a crater. Maybe it was a few meteors?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Interesting image, but without higher resolution or on ground photos, could just be a case of pareidolia.
edit on 18-7-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
arianna
I looked very carefully at these pictures and all i see is natural formations i also don't see anything on the hillside ..I think your imagination is working in overtime and I'm not mocking you i just don't see anything that looks to be an object but i do see what appears to be skid marks....This is a interesting post so S&F peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The shape of the object suggests it could be an ancient flying craft that crashed and came to rest in a short distance.

Put yourself in the following situation.

You are on a very large spacecraft and a member of an art-oriented culture and you have managed to travel from another planet, say Mars as an example. The craft crash lands and many people are thrown about.

What would your priorities be if you had survived the landing?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Coordinates (google earth) 11°36'6.50"S 76°33'53.55"W

basic geologic map

To me, rather than invoking extraterrestrial reasons, it appears as some sort of geologic structure. If you have a look at the geologic map, you will see that the area has had loads of faulting and folding, so this structure may well be the exhumed hinge of a fold, or a syncline, or an anticline. In google earth you will notice that there is a lot of erosion in the area, that there are watercourses and landslide scarps.

Personally I do not subscribe to the extraterrestrial explanation for this structure. I prefer the more parsimonious conclusion that it is a geologic structure.

Hey, if you want to really know, either go there yourself with a geologist, or contact one of Peru's Universities and ask of their geologists what they know of it. I know that in the tertiary institution where I work we are often getting queries from the general public and most of them are answered (apart from the ones from obvious kooks suggesting spaceships crash landing or some such fantasy @

Seriously, try asking the Peruvian geologists.

It's just a shame that this guy isn't Peruvian!
edit on 18-7-2012 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2012 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
In the second image you can see the shadow of the chopper from which the image was taken. You can then judge that the "object" is not raised above the immediate terrain, but is lower, an indentation.

Sorry, not a crashed ship.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Maybe it is Noah's Ark? Look at the nose, it could be the tip of the ship?...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGrunt
Maybe it is Noah's Ark? Look at the nose, it could be the tip of the ship?...

Here's an image of the so-called Noah's Ark that was found in Turkey.

Take note of the similarities.

Direct view - Larger image - 800 pixels.

i985.photobucket.com...
edit on 19-7-2012 by arianna because: text

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Calling ATS members in Peru, especially in the Lima province.

¿Hay algún miembro del foro que viven en los siguientes lugares y tener conocimiento de los antiguos pueblos que vivían en lo alto de las montañas cerca de Markawasi? Sería de gran ayuda si usted puede escribir en Inglés. Los lugares son Canta, Huaros, Acobamba, Culluay, Carampoma y Lachaqui.

Are there any members on the forum who live at the following places and have knowledge of the ancient people who lived high up in the mountains near Markawasi? It would help if you can write in English. The places are Canta, Huaros, Acobamba, Culluay, Carampoma and Lachaqui.
edit on 19-7-2012 by arianna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I don't see any "craft" maybe a volcanic plug? there is a pattern around it but that could be a lot of things....flow? erosion? a pebble dropped in mud?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Noach's Ark if existed, would really be some sort of arc-shaped spaceship or crescent shaped and not necessarily a boat, forget about the literal religious descriptions. It is the failure to think what religious texts are describing and only accepting them in their literal meaning why religion has no progress and they are so wrong about it

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
It does look like part of the mountain was destroyed, but the object in question sits at a higher elevation than where it first crash landed at leaving me to believe that it would otherwise be embedded deeper into the mountain. Or else the destruction of the side of the mountain could have been caused by an earthquake, landslide, or rain water flowing from the top of the mountain downward?

I am not familiar with the annual rainfall in the Lima area, but I know it sits on a fault line.

I would wager natural phenomena before a flying ship crashing to earth.

ALso, thank you for not circling this immediately as some other members requested, all that does is plant the seed inside your mind as to what you think it is.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3rdBOB2theLeft
I don't see any "craft" maybe a volcanic plug? there is a pattern around it but that could be a lot of things....flow? erosion? a pebble dropped in mud?

This is exactly the reason why I am trying to get some input directly from Peru. There has to be someone out there that knows the region and would also know about any unusual ancient archaeological artifacts. Any legends about ancient life high up in the mountains would be useful to know.

Personally, I am not sure the anomaly is geological due to the high number of anthropomorphic representations observed around the object which have been sculpted into the landscape. If it is a crashed flying craft, I would assume that the occupants would make a settlement close to the craft before starting to explore the more distant terrain.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join