It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our society is a cage.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
A famous philosopher once said, "Man is born free, but everywhere he is chained."
Who knew how true he was?
Let me tell you about the life of us, the common working people.
In our youth, we are thrown into schools. These are like training facilities. Brainwashing us. Numbers, facts and ideas and hammered into our brains, to prepare us for boring jobs we will spend doing for most of our lives. We will have several years of training, until we are ready for jobs.
Next we will get our jobs. Bankers. Accountants. Plumbers. All the money we accumulate will go right back to the top of the food chain. To the governments. To the corporations. To the elite. To get even more money, we are taxed. Again this money goes back to the elite. Of course we get a few freedoms. Holidays. Entertainment. But more or less we are slaves. If you try to go against this system you end up unemployed and hopeless. You can only keep your head down and keep on working. No matter what.
And when we get old, they retire us, throw us into retirement homes, wait for us to die so we can be replaced.
This is the life we will all live. Slaves to the higher class.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

That's basically it, for sure, but there are a lot of tricks you can learn to earn your freedom. Most of it involves realizing that our culture plays a big role in subjugating us, and learning how to rise above these lies and see the light. I could explain more if you are interested. Good luck out there.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by RimDaas
A famous philosopher once said, "Man is born free, but everywhere he is chained."
In our youth, we are thrown into schools. These are like training facilities. Brainwashing us. Numbers, facts and ideas and hammered into our brains, to prepare us for boring jobs we will spend doing for most of our lives. We will have several years of training, until we are ready for jobs.
Next we will get our jobs. Bankers. Accountants. Plumbers. All the money we accumulate will go right back to the top of the food chain. To the governments. To the corporations. To the elite. To get even more money, we are taxed. Again this money goes back to the elite. Of course we get a few freedoms. Holidays. Entertainment. But more or less we are slaves. If you try to go against this system you end up unemployed and hopeless. You can only keep your head down and keep on working. No matter what.
And when we get old, they retire us, throw us into retirement homes, wait for us to die so we can be replaced.

there are slaves that successfully rebel against this system, but are considered criminals, some of those criminals hold a mindless jobs just to cover the fact that there criminals

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Some people will class your thread as a negative way of looking at things, but personally, I say it's another way of looking at things, another way that's different to how we are told to think with subtle, and sometimes not so subtle, message's and conditioning.
I'm all for an education, but when 30 minutes on a site like this will open someones eyes more than 15 years of education will do, then somethinng must be wrong !
I'm all for doing a hard days work, but when we have to work 5 or 6 days a week just to pay the bills and hope that there might be a few dollars left over for the odd day off from work that we may get enjoy, IF we are lucky, then something must be wrong !
When we have Governments supposedly elected by the people, inventing new taxes which are nothing more then newly reworded terms for taking more income tax, while then giving themselves instant payrise after payrise, then something must be wrong !
When we have a media, that in today's times act's as a third parent, telling kids that the next winner of Idol or X-Factor is the only thing worth focusing your attention on, then somethiing must be wrong !
I personally don't think a Utopia exist, but in saying that, why do we continue to live in a created, Elite contolled and profited version of their utopia ?
I wish I had the answers, but i don't, but I do know something must be wrong !

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
A famous philosopher once said, naughty naughty very naughty hahaha

no one is innocent ...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
All societies are cages.

Best to have one that is comfortable to live in, given the choice.

Just one of those pesky facts of life that comes with sharing the planet with 7 billion other people.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
S@F RimDaas, you have explained it perfectly, the elitist system needs to be changed.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by NichirasuKenshin

So we should keep our head down working hard while wealthy men relax in their plush palaces, living on the sweat of the masses? This class war has been fought since the existence of society. I believe it is time that we, the people decide what we want and how we want to live.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I think this is one of the first major realizations a person has as they wake up and its a concept I personally have been very intrigued with.

We are born into a system that we had no say or influence in forming. I agree with you that our schools and other institutions are instrumental in forming our ways of thinking about things, and thereby helping insure we do not buck the system or rock the boat.

Someone pointed out that many criminals have awakened to this reality also and perhaps justify their behavior on that basis, sometimes living double lives

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Next we will get our jobs. Bankers. Accountants. Plumbers. All the money we accumulate will go right back to the top of the food chain. To the governments. To the corporations. To the elite. To get even more money, we are taxed. Again this money goes back to the elite. Of course we get a few freedoms. Holidays. Entertainment. But more or less we are slaves.

Clearly you have never lived in a 3rd world country like I have. Families would just love to have an education they can afford, they may have to trek for miles for 'clean' water, they would just love a job that would put a roof over their heads - let alone entertainment, they would love access to health care... I sometimes wonder what all those who whinge about being 'slaves' want. Do you expect sustenance and shelter to fall out of the sky onto your head without doing a single thing for it?
I think bandying the word 'slave' about so freely is an insult to all those who were or who are genuine slaves. From the human beings of yesteryear who were bought and sold like cattle with no choices in life to present day kids indentured into sweat shops or sold into prostitution and domestic servitude.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

No no, I'm all for sticking it to the 1%ers.

My point is that society is a cage even where all property is held equally.

We could debate about whether such a cage would be more preferable, and I would probably agree.

edit on 18-7-2012 by NichirasuKenshin because: grammar

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

And if you complain, you are labeled lazy or a communist who just needs to work harder, like the donkey did in Animal Farm. "If I just work harder, things will get better." (or something similar) he repeated over and over.

It took me years and years and uncovering more and more. I used to not be so sure that the Rothschild family had so much money. Now, I'm sure of it. There are certain things that just take time to "reveal themselves to you." Nobody should sit you down and try to force these ideas on to anyone. That is just more of the same crap that created the problems we have today.

Businesses and Republicans like to whine and whine about entitlement spending. If they were not profiting so much off of the rest of us (cheap labor, steady profits = they rarely ever lose), then MAYBE we could afford to pay for our own healthcare. Profit is basically a "tip" they get from being in business, because that is what is left over after everyone is paid. You aren't paying people a fair share if you have billions left over to reinvest into your own company. How else do you think the mega rich stay rich? It's so elementary that it escapes most people, and they are afraid to denounce profit as a bad thing. Maybe a bit here and there, but geez, after you get enough, STOP, RETIRE, let someone else have a piece of the pie.

The businesses get their labor for cheaper and sell the resulting service done by that laborer higher. It happens all the way up to the very top. It's worse at the top, actually. Even CEOs are more profitable to the company than they get paid. These dead corpsorations are more powerful than any of us, as a consequence. They can donate during elections and do all kinds of things.

It's profits over people. We are treated like dirt compared to the higher ups, but even the higher ups get paid little compared to the money they make for the company. How else would it be? You can't have the CEO making more. Nobody would trust him to use his money, so it's siphoned off and forced back into the company. That's true all the way down to the guy at the bottom.

So, I completely agree with you. The only ones living the high life barely moving a muscle are the ones at the very top. The rich who are so rich, we don't even hear about them, because nobody can be allowed to know how bad they are screwing the rest of us. These people probably make more money while sleeping at night than any of us make in a lifetime, combined.

But, oh, be happy! You have to be delusional to be happy in this world. It's so disgusting how messed up it is. Maybe it was always this way, but I don't care. I cannot accept it regardless. Gotta be masochistic or delusional to see this as "life" instead of "bondage." No wonder people are so wrapped up in entertainment. Who can blame them???
edit on 18-7-2012 by daynight42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10

Next we will get our jobs. Bankers. Accountants. Plumbers. All the money we accumulate will go right back to the top of the food chain. To the governments. To the corporations. To the elite. To get even more money, we are taxed. Again this money goes back to the elite. Of course we get a few freedoms. Holidays. Entertainment. But more or less we are slaves.

Clearly you have never lived in a 3rd world country like I have. Families would just love to have an education they can afford, they may have to trek for miles for 'clean' water, they would just love a job that would put a roof over their heads - let alone entertainment, they would love access to health care... I sometimes wonder what all those who whinge about being 'slaves' want. Do you expect sustenance and shelter to fall out of the sky onto your head without doing a single thing for it?
I think bandying the word 'slave' about so freely is an insult to all those who were or who are genuine slaves. From the human beings of yesteryear who were bought and sold like cattle with no choices in life to present day kids indentured into sweat shops or sold into prostitution and domestic servitude.

For your information I live in Pakistan. I know of the suffering of the people in the 3rd world. Regardless of how hard they work, they still end up in the lower classes. Why is that? Because of the higher classes and how society keeps them in the bottom.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
We are enslaved by the Bond market, the interest is paid through our sweat.

It's a IOU on the population. No Bond Market a few Libertarian tweaks and a class war will
ensue because hoarded money will need to be put to use productively or consumed.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Correct OP..this life is meant for servitude..

This song sums up things greatly...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Reply to post by starchild10

Pf course 3rd world countries want an education, because they think that gets you somewhere, and it does, it gets you off a farm and into an office for just as much time spent as you would working the land just to be able to eat. The exception with having an education, I that you'll also be able to afford fancy gadgets that mesmerize you into thinking life is all good, when really you are filling other people's pockets with your hard work, whereas working the land profits only yourself.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Reply to post by starchild10

Pf course 3rd world countries want an education, because they think that gets you somewhere, and it does, it gets you off a farm and into an office for just as much time spent as you would working the land just to be able to eat. The exception with having an education, I that you'll also be able to afford fancy gadgets that mesmerize you into thinking life is all good, when really you are filling other people's pockets with your hard work, whereas working the land profits only yourself.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Not a new idea. Metallica expressed this idea in this song "The Unforgiven".

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

Don't blame the rich.

Blame nature. Blame conservation of energy. Blame evolution.

We can't change it. I don't think we can. Unless our science is wrong.

This is another reason we have religion and spirituality.

The search for purpose; For meaning; For perspective; For Love; For a reason.

Because this world ain't pretty and we want more reassurance.

Maybe we're cows rounded up in a slaughterhouse dreaming that we're humans.

We all come into this life in debt.

And the amount we owe increases until we cannot afford to pay it.

Then we die. It's like being foreclosed.

We're all being farmed for something. That's why we owe. That's why we die.
edit on 18-7-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Who needs them darn fangled numbers?

Seriously?

I love the hypocrisy of people who can write out their free ideas here, blame the school system as being useless.

BTW, my job is interesting and I love it.
You decide what career you get and keep.

My best friends are the same way, they went with what they love, not with the money. One is a zookeeper and the other is a forensic accountant.

If we didn't have "jobs" we would be spending the entire day farming, hunting and fishing. You have to work to eat, it happens to every species in nature, deal with it.

If you try to go against this system you end up unemployed and hopeless. You can only keep your head down and keep on working. No matter what.

You are getting paid. That is all that matters.

You and your family decide if you go into a retirement home or not. Not the "higher class". How you end up in retirement is largely up to you.
And what are your alternatives? working till death? Or being like caveman and leave you out in the pasture to die of starvation?

Sorry, whether it is killing mammoth with a spear and risk being killed, or working in a cube farm, you have to work. Suck it up.

and no one has much choice about the dying and being replaced bit. That is called nature.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join