It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Genuine' Alien artifact...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Those were my thoughts.

Honestly, you start an auction, then surf the internet for comments? Very fishy.

I think you may be right.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
And all these fake posts 'The greatest seller ever!' 'Fast and accurate!' 'Came on time! Best dealer!' I facepalm every time I read them, even if someone was so fair

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Considering I can buy an Area 51 S4 Roswell Alien Artifact Element 115 Fuel Cell for less than $15, I'd say the starting bid was a little high.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Someone on the first page linked his/her jewelry auction. Since yesterday the 'Alien artifact' description has been changed four times, the last one being at Jul-18-12 08:45:11 PDT
I wonder if that was to include the remarks about "Having it made into a necklace"
edit on 18-7-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by Aarcadius

I post stupid auctions like that all the time on here, FOR LAUGHS, and I make it QUITE CLEAR in all my posts when making my comments.
Like someone else said, if someone is that gullible- no, make that STUPID enough to BELIEVE that auction, they DESERVE to lose $2,000 for a hunk of crap like that.
The chances are finding a 'genuine' alien artifact on ebay are the same as finding a legit UFO video on youtube
Frak em if they cant take a joke

Oh the irony considering the fact that you, yourself, was "crusing ebay for UFO & alien related stuff on ebay."
Have to be searching for a while to find something like this considering the fact that there is tons of crap on ebay dealing with alien junk. Just throwing that out there.

Since you got defensive about someone else questioning you...........
You get the necklace stuff from Michael's? Nothing about it is "vintage" but screw the gullible right?

Originally posted by Imtor
And all these fake posts 'The greatest seller ever!' 'Fast and accurate!' 'Came on time! Best dealer!' I facepalm every time I read them, even if someone was so fair

Makes you wonder about this thread too..........hmmmmmmmmmmm
edit on 18-7-2012 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Yah, "Swapartist" he calls himself. Sells Jewelry. Um hmmm.

When making jewelry you don't buy ingots of metal like silver or gold bars, you buy it in "shot form". It is bullion that can be precisely measured and easily melted into molds or casts for producing small items of jewelry. This form of precious metal is easier to work with than sawing up ingots, precious coins or sweeties silverware. Without testing it is impossible to determine the metal as represented in the photos. Here is what silver bullion "shot" looks like:

www.google.com...

Depending on the manufacturer the shot can take a variety of shapes and sizes. I suppose one could sort thru those and select more uniform pieces and solder them together to appear like the auction item. It may also be a piece that is in process. After making the basic shape of pieces, then you can place in a mold and fire to assume the shape of the mold. That would save the step of smelting the metal for pouring.

This piece is manufactured, you can see the places where the small bits are soldered in place. I borrowed JohnnyAnonymous, hope he doesn't mind...

" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">

edit on 18-7-2012 by intrptr because: pics added

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Because man could never make anything like it

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Aaaaah bless...................Even aliens have a heart..................xxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Aarcadius

I post stupid auctions like that all the time on here, FOR LAUGHS, and I make it QUITE CLEAR in all my posts when making my comments.
Like someone else said, if someone is that gullible- no, make that STUPID enough to BELIEVE that auction, they DESERVE to lose $2,000 for a hunk of crap like that.
The chances are finding a 'genuine' alien artifact on ebay are the same as finding a legit UFO video on youtube
Frak em if they cant take a joke

This makes you sound more guilty, not to mention how it was "mysteriously" taken down after we commented on it being you.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
You know what happens when you ASSume things right?
Not only that, why would I try to pass off something as fake, when I'd rather know the TRUTH about aliens and UFOs, I want REAL evidence, not some bullcrap lump someone threw together and call it an alien artifact.
I don't try to fraud people
edit on 7/18/2012 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by nostromo85

What would be the point of putting it up for auction, coming here to mock it as a fraud, then indignantly taking it down because of the negative comments?

It's someone here, but not the OP.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I dunno where the seller said he got 'negative comments' off the internet over his 'artifact', I just did a web search and found nothing on the net about it, so apparently it is an ATSer....probably Nostromo...you can come clean now

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

reply to post by nostromo85

Are you hinting I am trying to perpetuate a fraud?
I sure hope not...

besides, you can count me out, I'm over in the UK.
edit on 19-7-2012 by nostromo85 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2   >>

join