It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Genuine' Alien artifact...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I bet that the OP is actually the eBay seller, and realized he could generate a lot of views writing an article on it on ATS

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

agreed.....looking at the diameter vs the quarter, they do resemble the size of a punch out from something like a rivet.....the round edges would be consistent with a heat source over them, then the two 'patties' place together.....this looks very much like something that could be replicated.......adding a gold spray to top it off.
edit on 18-7-2012 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

Looks like slugs from a punch process. The rounded top and sharp bottom edges are characteristic of a drag down burr.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by nostromo85

Are you hinting I am trying to perpetuate a fraud?
I sure hope not...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable
reply to post by HomerinNC

Looks like a treasure of little tiny gold coins pulled from the deep....maybe the pressure from deep space shrank them.

There is no pressure in space...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by nostromo85

I thought the same thing. I can get a lot of views and maybe even some bids if I advertise it on ATS. Thankfully no one bidded on it yet and lets just hope some idiot doesn't or they will have been taken. But then again, if someone does bid then I am going in the garage tonight and making one myself to sell. LOL.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Hello OP,
I have no input to the object in discussion. However i would really like to say that the only "Genuine Alien artifact" is one that you retrieve from an experience yourself. and in saying that i hope that no one is buying anything being called an alien artifact...

Any and all objects under that name for sale are LITERAL Junk. Sorry if this doesn't sit well with some but i really don't want to see people being taken advantage of by the scum of this world.

Also i agree that without thinking you have helped the very same scum get their junk across to a huge and gullible audience. and i PERSONALLY request that you be a little bit more careful next time.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The skepticism in the OP's subject line was quite clear, and I found the link interesting.

Who really cares if gullible people are convinced? $2000 might just be enough money to make them learn from their mistake. Probably not, but possibly so. A fool and his money are soon parted. It's just as true as ever.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Aarcadius

O for f# sake. This was posted in jest- people here can think for themselves, no need to 'monitor' them for their own good. Sheesh
edit on 18-7-2012 by Starcrossd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

A jeweler would have little problem making something like that. Good observation.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Aarcadius

I post stupid auctions like that all the time on here, FOR LAUGHS, and I make it QUITE CLEAR in all my posts when making my comments.
Like someone else said, if someone is that gullible- no, make that STUPID enough to BELIEVE that auction, they DESERVE to lose $2,000 for a hunk of crap like that.
The chances are finding a 'genuine' alien artifact on ebay are the same as finding a legit UFO video on youtube
Frak em if they cant take a joke

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
isnt cheap if real? must be fake.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tindalos2013
On a more serious opinion the seller is committing fraud and any genuine artifact really belongs to all of us, if it was genuine of course.

I'm not too sure about that. While the federal government has said it has no proof of aliens, I believe they passed a law a while back just to be on the safe side making it illegal for an average citizen to keep any stray bits of extraterrestrial technology that they might find. I'm not sure though. The wording may be "extraterrestrial material," and meant to keep people from stealing/owning Moon rocks. Meteorites I guess are still okay.

Anyway, if that's the case and it's a genuine artifact, the guy could be breaking the law, as the government has a claim on all that stuff.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by faryjay

Doubt a genie will pop out.

Looks more like a bunch of bottle caps glued together.

the size comparison to the quarter, its small. looks a bit like a lot of solder drops put together.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

It looks like a bunch of magnetized die slugs.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Heh... Item is "no longer available". :-))

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

Originally posted by pointr97
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

agreed.....looking at the diameter vs the quarter, they do resemble the size of a punch out from something like a rivet.....the round edges would be consistent with a heat source over them, then the two 'patties' place together.....this looks very much like something that could be replicated.......adding a gold spray to top it off.
edit on 18-7-2012 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

Looks like slugs from a punch process. The rounded top and sharp bottom edges are characteristic of a drag down burr.

I thought the same thing before I even saw your post. Before I became an Engineer, I was a toolmaker for 10 years. They look like magnetized die slugs.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

From the Ebay sale:

I have been reading some of the posts the are currently circulating on the Internet about this auction being a scam, so if that's what you all think then I am ending this auction and will keep this artifact. Everybody seems to have their own idea as to what this thing is, well let me tell you, not a single one of you geniuses have a clue what it is, you're all wrong. I am not a scammer and will not keep this sale open if you think I am. Someone has really missed the boat here.

Really? "Posts circulating on the internet?" That is kinda weird.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Missed the boat alright... the R.M.S. Titanic. :-))

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The fact that he did not take any pictures at the site, even though he had time to prepare for his ATV expedition to find it, is what seals it for me. If I saw something like that, I would definitely bring a camera along on my expedition of discovery.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by draknoir2

From the Ebay sale:

I have been reading some of the posts the are currently circulating on the Internet about this auction being a scam, so if that's what you all think then I am ending this auction and will keep this artifact. Everybody seems to have their own idea as to what this thing is, well let me tell you, not a single one of you geniuses have a clue what it is, you're all wrong. I am not a scammer and will not keep this sale open if you think I am. Someone has really missed the boat here.

Really? "Posts circulating on the internet?" That is kinda weird.

you know, funny how after I posted this, he takes his auction down...
I wonder if the seller REALLY is on ATS....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join