It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Disinformation,Propaganda Campaign By The FSA Media Supporters & Mainstream News

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Massive Disinformation,Propaganda Campaign By The Free Syrian Army Social Media Supporters & Mainstream News & Alex Jones attacked for posting the Truth

While as we have seen here on ATS, there what appears to be on what i call a Disinformation,Propaganda Campaign by the PYSOPS Team whatever they are the Mainstream news outlets or users pretending to be rational thinkers.
Whats Propaganda like? heres an example from the battle of Damascus.

By Voice of America, a highly deeply news outlet connected to the government and american think tanks organizations.

Syrian Rebels Claim Advances
Posted 14 hours ago.
The rebel Free Syrian Army said it has begun the "battle for the liberation of Damascus," as clashes with government forces raged in the capital for a third day. The battles come as more than 1,000 Syrians, including a defecting brigadier-general, fled to Turkey overnight.
The battle comes as more then 1,000 fighters came into. From the Sryian Army and Russian reporter who was in the battle, the Sryian Free Army fighters weren't attacking much, but running away from them, military speaking they aren't quiet so effective.

So again as i posted above in whats propaganda like? heres an example.

“The number of defectors is now 100,000 and now they are defecting in bigger groups - this is a new phenomenon," Abu Hamza said. "The reason for the higher number of defections is that the regime is carrying out so many massacres every day. And the soldiers realize this regime must fall.”

is that the regime is carrying out so many massacres every day. And the soldiers realize this regime must fall.”

Is that the regime is carrying out so many massacres every day?? really is that a fact? because if that is the case how come its not on the news?

Oh thats right it isnt because its Disinformation and propaganda.

Fitting in with the western junk one sided narrative.

The rebel commander said, “We need a no-fly zone, it’s so important the world does this, because Assad’s jets are firing on unarmed people and targeting anything that moves. We have no way to protect ourselves.”

Claims that cant be verifd yet the mainstream news outlets like VOA writes it down anyway.

“The FSA controls big parts of Syria,” he said. “Actually the Syrian government is really only in control in the center of big cities like Damascus, Aleppo and inside Latakia. All around the cities, almost everywhere is under the control of the FSA.”

All around the cities, almost everywhere is under the control of the FSA

What a bold claim and even used Actually the goverment is really only in control of big cities like Damascus, Aleppo and inside Latakia. All around the cities, almost everywhere is under the control of the FSA.

Meanwhile The Free Syrian Army Social Media Supporters on Twitter have claimed the Free Sryian Army have destroyed a helicopter belonging to Assad Sryian Arab Army.

Syrian rebels 'down helicopter'

Yet at the same they faked the photo of the helicopter. and provided it to Reuters.

The Irony of it all, is that the helicopter was not shut down in Sryia but it was an helicopter used by NATO & Afghanistan security forces from last year i knew the moment i saw it reminded me of something.

Rebels Trying Fakery: FSA Supporters Faked the Death of Assad by Gunshot

Rebels on YouTube are seen begging for an Intervention. Breaded

Bearded ‪#FSA‬ gunman pleads w “Islamic nations” for help. Clown alludes 2 “abduction” of Zainab al Husni

Has i stated many times even since the Libyan conflict the mainstream news outlets even Canadian ones are one sided with the opposition as shown in this article.

“The situation is really difficult today ... shelling, sounds of gunfire,” said one opposition sympathizer reached in Damascus by telephone. “People are trying to run away. But the snipers shoot madly. Even inside Damascus you see helicopters and you hear them.”

As the battles raged, the highest-ranking diplomat to defect from the government said that Assad would not hesitate to use the nation’s stash of chemical weapons on Syrian rebels to avoid defeat.

The article uses reports from the The Local Coordination Committees, an opposition group and syrian human rights observatory. the guy who runs it in his shop, with his cell phone and yes cell phone, how can you use and phone people in Sryia with a cell phone?

Yet the prices for outgoing international calls are very expensive.

14 Hours ago artlice updated 20 mins ago.

Disinformation,Propaganda Campaign on ATS By the FSA
I have noticed on the sub forums of the middle east section with the recent threads by John, tiled
Final Battle for Damascus? Bashar has fled to the Alawite Mountains

In which he included an image of a child solider used by the free Syrian army. As reported earlier in one of my threads and in this report by the dailymail on the July 5.

Comments about this in the comment section weren't very good news towards the rebel cause.

What is a ten year old doing with a klashnikov rifle? You play with fire you,,,,,,instead of of backing the rebels and encouraging them to fight why doesn't anyone listen to the government and wait for the democratic process,get the elections started?

The daiilymail writes and posts the image of Child solider and does nothing about it not even an explanation of and on the image other then..

Image shows boy of about ten crying out during fierce battle near Homs

In the same article they posted more images of children been used by the rebels for there cause.

T ears of a Syrian boy soldier: Horror of Kalashnikov-toting child as he sees comrade die

I guess some ATS members who copy and paste images for there own Propaganda proposes never seem to ask the hard questions on about which is not surprising.

While i was following the Live Sryia Updates on the Guardian i notice the Guardian started attacking an Russian journalist just because she is in Sryia with the Sryian Army and not the rebes.
edit on 18-7-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Bravo.You exposed the truth.But the sock puppets will soon be coming to spew propaganda again.But one got caught by the name of Johncarter,A obama regime thug and propagandist.

Sorcha Faal has more crediblity these days than western media.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I wonder what is actually going on there.

Obviously there are links and pictures provided that are clearly biased in one way or the other. There is no way to find the needle of truth in this haystack of crap.

I guess we wait.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

propaganda warfare for al qaeda by intelligence analysts like John Carter and that guy had admitted that he is an intelligence analyst for the govt 2 months ago.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Alex Jones Attacked by Brown Moses
hxxp://brown-moses.blogspot.ca/2012/07/alex-jones-infowars-and-their-anti-free.html

Alex Jones' Infowars is a popular conspiracy website that likes to reveal the "shocking truth" behind a variety of subjects, including the Syrian Uprising. In their latest article, Shocking Videos Reveal Truth Behind Syrian “Freedom Fighters”, they promise to reveal the truth behind "a minority of extremist Wahabi thugs who are anti-freedom, anti-Christian, anti-Shia, anti-Sunni and who will stop at nothing to entrench their ideologically fanatical power base."

Read the lines on how he tries to attack Alex Jones piece.

Another video shows a grieving woman talking to Syrian State TV, with the article stating "This woman’s son, Sari Saoud, was shot in Homs. While Al-Jazeera claimed it was the army that killed him, the woman insisted it was the insurgents.". In this earlier video taken of the woman grieving over the body of her son you can hear her in the background at around 50 seconds in shouting "F**k you, Bashar" in Arabic, which is an odd thing to say if you think the FSA killed your son

which is an odd thing to say if you think the FSA killed your son

While Al-Jazeera claimed it was the army that killed him, the woman insisted it was the insurgents.". In this earlier video taken of the woman grieving over the body of her son you can hear her in the background at around 50 seconds in shouting "F**k you, Bashar" in Arabic,

Brown Moses lives in london and claims this on twitter.

Figure with Tweet. Focusing on Syria, the wider Arab Spring, and the UK phone hacking scandal
You think an Sryian or Arabic would be interested in the UK phone hacking scandal?

Crude, but effective propaganda. The post also links to another piece of anti-FSA propaganda also quoted in Russia Today, which claims Syrian rebels ransacked a church and attacked another, something I debunked at the bottom of this post. Another article by the same author linked in that post I've previously debunked is Al-Qaeda Rebel Pictured With UN Observers In Syria. Apart from the usual mistake made by a number of sites, that the black flag always means al-Qaeda, when in fact it doesn't (but that's another story),

Apart from the usual mistake made by a number of sites, that the black flag always means al-Qaeda, when in fact it doesn't (but that's another story

Yet Brown Moses has no problems of insulting other users who even claim they have seen users with an israel flag supporting the Rebels.

Are you the idiot Bruno from Twitter who thought he could ID Israeli Agents on Twitter because they had an Israeli flag on their profile picture?

How ironic that Brown has stated this on his blog.

You should ask yourself why sites that claim to unmask the truth rely so much on lies, half truths, and manipulation; and why you choose to overlook their deception.

I could say the same thing about him as i went deeper, i have seen Brown Moses post on the Guardian live update comment sections page.

As seen here.
Updates.

BrownMoses
Unless Nawas al-Fares can produce actual evidence he might as well be talking about fairies and Santa Claus. His chemical weapon allegations seem to be at least in part based on rumours of their use around Homs, something that's yet to be proven. No doubt the various world powers involved are figuring out which position he'll take in the transitional government alongside Manaf Tlass as we speak.

Has made several comments on the same page which clearer shows that he has an agenda.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas

propaganda warfare for al qaeda by intelligence analysts like John Carter and that guy had admitted that he is an intelligence analyst for the govt 2 months ago.

Which reminds me his rumblings remind me of the person Brown Moses, which i have listed and posted below here.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas

I'll take your word for it. The MSM isn't hedging any bets on how many people actually research this stuff. They just push the pictures and put the story in your face over and over again until it becomes true.

A truly sad world we live in, when you have all knowledge at your fingertips as opposed to the TV repeating over and over again what they want you to recall as fact.

I'm a researcher and I'm finding a lot of false truths being promoted by MSM. I'm not going to try and tackle the problem, I don't have the means. They called it the boob tube back in the day.

It's still the boob tube, people are just too ignorant to realize it.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I don't know what the truth is.

All I know is when I was in the Army there was much joking going around that "oh maybe you won't have to get deployed in Iraq, maybe by then it will be Iran." There was other info but lets leave it as rumors.
We all knew Syria had to go too, and we all figured it was first.

Aside from that,
And Aside from not being able to trust the US and especially not the US media,
I don't know...

Not knowing for sure I have to err on the side of caution.
In this case that side is with Syria and Assad.

What worries me is I very much doubt the rebels can stand up to the Syrian Army for any kind of length. Makes me think NATO re-enforcements could be on the way.

I don't like this game.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
As much as i believe there is a major disinfo campaign going on to distort the truth so no one can actually get a complete picture. We can not have people like Alex Jones spouting his nonsense. It does more harm then good. There is more then enough evidence to show that the man is a lair.
edit on 18-7-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
There is a major disinfo campaign in the news

this below video explain the entire situation with Syria
and the video was made shortly after Gaddafi falls not talking at all about Syria

Wake up people
edit on 7/18/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
There is also a Wikileaks cable from 2006. It was sent from the U.S. embassy of Damaskus and had some recommendations for the destabilization of the Assad regime.

The author of this cable William Roebuck is currently Director for the Office of Maghreb Affairs in the State Department's Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs. He is now going through various US campuses and lectures students about the "whitewashed version" of the Arabic Spring.
wikileaks.cabledrum.net...

Now like everything from Wikileaks this piece of information should be taken with a grain of salt. But the cable is not the only evidence which points to a staged regime change. A regime change which unlike most of the usual sponsored and trained colour revolutions also uses violence as a tool to reach its objective.

Seymour Hersh has a history of covering topics dealing with national security and intelligence. In 2007 he wrote an article for the New Yorker in which he described how the US in planning to use Sunni extremists against the Syrian government. I highly recommend his article.
www.newyorker.com...

It is also quite telling that the most prominent Syrian defector Abdul Halim Khaddam acknowledged on Israeli TV in spring 2011 to have received money and help from the U.S. and the EU in order to overthrow the Syrian regime. Khaddam was Vice President of Syria from 1984 to 2005. This important information has only found little traction.

But Khaddam is not the only Syrian who has been bought off. Many public figures of the Syrian opposition have links to American think tanks and regime change organisations like the National Endowment for Democracy, the Council of Foreign Relations or have even been invited by the Bilderberg Group..
www.guardian.co.uk...

Here is a video in which the late Chalmers Johnson describes how criminal clandestine operations have been used again and again to justify military engagement and regime change. (the relevant part starts at 56:40)

Chalmers Johnson DECLINE of EMPIRES: The Signs of Decay (watch 56:40 till end)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
He said. . . .

They said. . . . .

The MSM said. . . . . .

Assad said. . . . . .

Rebels said. . . . . .

Russia said. . . . . .

The military said. . . . .

Defectors said. . . . . . .

beezzer says, "everyone SHUT UP!".

Everyone has an agenda these days. Pro this, anti that. For once, just once, I'd like the unvarnished truth. And before anyone starts spamming this post with their own versions, check your bias at the door.

*rant over*

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

We can not have people like Alex Jones spouting his nonsense. It does more harm then good. There is more then enough evidence to show that the man is a lair.

Sadly your wrong

There is more then enough evidence to show that the man is a lair

So your saying that his wrong about the Bilderberg to? and that this writer s a lair to?
The Syrian opposition: who's doing the talking?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

You should make a thread very interesting info there. It quite clear that most media sources seem to have aagenda in making sure that the rebels come of in a good light. Its a shame more people don't question it

reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

All i meant is AJ is a lair. He pull predictions and accusations out of his ass and never backs them up with facts
The amount of hot air he spills is eventually going to land near the truth. His whole persona hurts the alt news image. He might of been useful 10 years ago but even then he didn't say anything new he got his stuff from other people.

Just an example of the amount of BS he likes to spread.

didn't he say we would have thosepapers scanned and online in a few days? where are they? its been over a month!

and that this writer s a lair to?
The Syrian opposition: who's doing the talking?

How did you come to that conclusion when i even said in my first post that there is something going on about the medias love for the rebels? That article rightthere is real journalism
edit on 18-7-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

This truth you speak of no longer exists in the information super highway.

There are one of two ways of dealing with this fact. You either disect every piece of information that comes out or you just ignore it.

Which will you choose?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

Bixxi and agent_usa .Bixxi is right that AJ does inflate things out of proportion.But there are multiple sources confirming what AJ is saying on Syria.

Brown Moses ,read his posts.He twists facts and spins them.Same with Western media ,who only talk to opposition al qaeda terrorists.SANA,RussiaToday,Globalresearch,muslimnews all have interviewed syrians and syrians are uniamous .These guys are wahabbi terrorists not freedom fighters.

edit on 18-7-2012 by mkgandhas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Good luck with that. Let me know if you find such sources.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

That's what I mean.
In this, there are no sinners, there are no saints.

Freedom fighters or Muslim Brotherhood?
Assad, trying to hold onto power or bloodthirsty maniac?

There are no black hats, no white hats here.
Everyone, from the OP to others, have an agenda. That is to report news that supports their own beliefs.

It's not wrong. It's not bad.

It's human nature. It seems that there are those that have picked a "side". The US has. Russia has. The OP has, and others on ATS have.

I'm not smart enough to see through all the bull dookey. So I refuse to pick a "side" until I have all the facts. But "facts" lately have been opinions dressed up to look like facts.

I honestly don't think anyone will know the truth until the dust has settled and the bleeding has stopped.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by khimbar

I honestly don't think anyone will know the truth until the dust has settled and the bleeding has stopped.

And we won't even know the truth then, as the winners will write it, telling us only what they want us to know.

All I think I know is that thousands will die. And that's not cool.
edit on 18-7-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
1 year ago there weren't any rebels....8 months ago, FSA have formed...6 months ago, FSA was nothing but a bunch of AK-47 bandits, struggle to survive...4 months ago, FSA (with foreign spec ops troops) was fighting syrian army in about all cities across Syria...1 month ago, FSA launched sporadic attacks on Damascus outskirts...1 week ago FSA was fighting inside Damascus...

From where I stand, FSA is winning, propaganda or not, they are winning.

When you see videos aired by SYRIAN TV (Assad controlled) with dozens of smokes rising above Damascus, one must realize that those are NOT bbq fires...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join