It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Honest Question For ATS Preachers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

What I want to ask is, how many of the ATS membership have you been able to "Save?"

No man on this Earth can save anyone. Others can only point in the right direction.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Every example in scripture of a person being baptized into Christ they first were believers and professed belief in Christ. What did Phillip tell the Eunuch when he asked what he must do to be baptized?

edit on 18-7-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Baptism comes from pagan veneration of water.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I don't believe that we need to be baptized. I believe that we only need to accept Christ Jesus invitation in our hearts and do as he would do to enter into the kingdom of our father.
Live life as Christ Jesus would, that's why he was brought to us, so we would know what the holy father expects from us.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

You one of those people that's going to do nothing to help save this world? Just wait for the end and believe that you'll be okay?

Sorry, but belief just isn't good enough anymore. Look at everything we've believed in that's falling apart.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Oh no, I never said that. Live life as Christ Jesus would , i believe I said something along those lines, right? Wouldn't he spread the word and if the people didn't listen "shake the dust from your feet and move on?"
edit on 18-7-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by kimish

You one of those people that's going to do nothing to help save this world? Just wait for the end and believe that you'll be okay?

Sorry, but belief just isn't good enough anymore. Look at everything we've believed in that's falling apart.

If you put your hope and faith in humanity, prepare to be disappointed.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

edit on 18-7-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by article

You clearly don't know autowrench, not his character, nor his intent, and for you to publicly denounce him and put words in his mouth is unfair, nasty, and against T&C.

There are plenty of people here who are here for the SOLE PURPOSE of "defending the faith", and carrying out their "duty" (as they see it, and have self-appointed themselves for) to "preach." They even admit they are here to persuade. Who are you trying to persuade? Just everyone to dis on autowrench? How is anything you've posted on this thread positive, uplifting, or promotional of peace and tolerance?

It is posts like yours -- attacks like yours -- that perpetuate the divisive problem that is embodied by "religion."

Obviously, none of us would... Would you think that I think otherwise?

Of course we cant judge a person we have not met, on his personal qualities, but I can certainly see where he's comming from.

The attack can be considered a defence at the same time, depending on wether I was a "preacher" or not. I'm not, so I guess it may be an attack.. So be it.

I'm sorry if you dont take the OP for what it is. If it's not that, then it needs serious revision, because it obviously takes pot jabs at chistians in general. Simply put.. People dont like to be screwed with and called out, especially if they're not doing anything in the first place.

Unless you can show me proof of what the OP is speaking about taking place here in these forums, your counter argument is just as pointless as his OP.

All you guys.. "And people like you" do, is push hate, causing people to bite at each other's bits for your own enjoyment. How many christians do you see sturing the pot and pushing people against each other?

...if they are... they're not Christians.

So either you're using the improper term for what you consider "christians" or you just have it all wrong as a whole.

Personaly, and from what I and OBVIOUSLY others are seeing here... what you dont see.. The OP is bating with a hint of trolling, with the purpose to bash and point out behavior of Christians, when he obviously (again) dont know one damn thing about christians in general.

At least KNOW your subject if you're going to use it to attack those same people, wether it be directly or not.

btw... Why would my post/responce be possitive and uplifting when the OP has nothing to do with either of these traits. I'm not a "preacher" and I'm certainly not winning over any souls. If I am, then they probably wont go where they expect to. But I see and smell BS when it's in front of me... and this post was right there out in the open with all the other stinkers.

edit on 18-7-2012 by article because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

What I want to ask is, how many of the ATS membership have you been able to "Save?"

No man on this Earth can save anyone. Others can only point in the right direction.

And I dont know many in this world that knows which direction is which.

I never understand why we bicker on these topics.. None of us will know till then end, so why even bother fighting over it now.

Maybe thats why we never get out of the rut we're in.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Dear jmdewey60,

James and Jude would say otherwise so to me it looks like you are shirking your responsibility. We have a duty to save people and must work at it tirelessly. You will probably discover the truth to that too late, when you are in hell.

Jesus saves, not me and not you. We were given the great commission. I do my job and let Jesus do his and shame on you for wishing hell on anyone, judge not lest you be judged.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by article

Correct. Many of us argue over the details, but all have the same goal it seems.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Dear autowrench,

I wasn't talking about anyone EXCEPT the self styled Christian Ministers who haunt this website. The ones with common rhetoric who label everything not in their book a Demon. The ones who parrot each other, and post long lines of Bible quotes for us to wade through. The ones who cannot defend their positions, but crow loudly that they hold the ultimate truth, or they talk to God/Jesus and God/Jesus tells them things. Not aimed at anyone else, so chillax.

Fair enough if we are fair to one another and don't over generalize. I do not group all atheists together and when I am grouped together with others who I disagree with, I will point it out. Part of the problem we face is that atheists who were taught bad doctrine and "christians" who were taught bad doctrine both frequently agree that the bad dogma is what the bible teaches and that presents a false view of the bible to others.

As far as your approach goes, you seek to be confrontational, not to have a discussion; but, to ridicule. You cannot complain about the "Christians" who do such things when you do the same and remain fair or balanced. Even your question about whether or not I have read the bible through is baiting, I have and many, many times and studied it and discuss it daily. What I find shocking today is the number of seminary students who have not read it all the way through which contributes to their passing on bad information to their congregations.

Whatever your experience is with "christians", is your experience; but, when you group everyone together rather than dealing with individuals you are as wrong as the "christians" you are complaining about. Perhaps you can help make things better by not imitating the wrong actions of others. We can set an example by ignoring the worst of both groups and attempting to have reasonable and constructive discussions with reasonable people with both sets of belief.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

reply to post by kimish

If we learn anything at all from history it's that man learns nothing from history.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Dear jiggerj,

If you wouldn't waste five thousand dollars on an unseen car, why would you waste your ENTIRE life on an unseen god simply because a book tells you to?

If someone believed just because of a book or because mommy and daddy told them so then that is not a sufficient reason. The book was not written as a book. History tells us that people who knew Paul and the others received letters from them that were eventually compiled into a book. These letters were hand delivered to people who knew the writers in person and that is how the church spread and began, not because of a book. In the end the real way we come to investigate the issue is driven by something in our hearts. Faith is a process of examining the world and history. 2,000 years ago when the whole world was not known and the majority of people were still tribal, the bible predicted that the word would be spread to the ends of the earth, that after that occurred the church would see a great falling away and eventually be removed. A pretty good prediction and singular amongst religions, all other religions believe they will take over the world and none has. Christianity predicted it would be successful and then be destroyed, a terrible sales job if you are into selling things like used cars. And we are seeing it all come true along with the move towards a world government, predicted 2,000 years ago. I responded to the question that the OP asked and stick by my answer.
edit on 18-7-2012 by AQuestion because: no edit, hit the wrong button

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

reply to post by kimish

If we learn anything at all from history it's that man learns nothing from history.

We don't learn from history, we keep making the same mistakes and then forgetting we make them and then make them yet again. Looking into the past is like watching the same Looney Tunes shortfilm over and over in a loop where the Coyote tries to catch the Road Runner and repeatedly gets an anvil dropped on his head.
edit on 18-7-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by jiggerj

Dear jiggerj,

If you wouldn't waste five thousand dollars on an unseen car, why would you waste your ENTIRE life on an unseen god simply because a book tells you to?

History tells us that people who knew Paul and the others received letters from them that were eventually compiled into a book.

If not the bible, where is this documented in non-religious historical texts? I'd really like to see this.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

reply to post by kimish

We don't learn from history, we keep making the same mistakes and then forgetting we make them and then make them yet again. Looking into the past is like watching the same Looney Tunes shortfilm over and over in a loop where the Coyote tries to catch the Road Runner and repeatedly gets an anvil dropped on his head.
edit on 18-7-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

Wow, LW, I'm really surprised to see this written from you. This is like saying that religion and god has done nothing, changed nothing. It just doesn't sound like you. Did this thread catch you in a down mood?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaphneApollo
reply to post by autowrench

how many of the ATS membership have you been able to "Save?"

I would like to know the answer to that myself... I have come to see it for myself that it's not the thing to do and am so tired of it.

Yes, autowrench, you read that right. Something about these armchair internet apostles really peave me. Those that don't want to discuss but damn you to hell if you don't accept what they tell you is truth to them. Even Jesus said to shake the dust from your feet and move along to the next village if they don't want to hear the message.

Am I anti christian.. far from it, but it's very annoying. It's one thing when someone asks a question and truly seeks an answer and then we discuss, but quite another to tell someone they are going to Hell and shoving it down your throat. You don't make a good impression with fear, only love.
edit on 18-7-2012 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

If they won't respond to his love they ain't gonna be touched by anything else. Just do a drive by and throw the message like a newspaper boy and roll on.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Dear jiggerj,

If not the bible, where is this documented in non-religious historical texts? I'd really like to see this.

Well, I for one do not wish to go off topic and your question is off topic. If you actually want to know, you can read up on the history of how the bible became a single book and the discussions and meetings that were held to determine which "books" would be included and which would not and the reason for these decisions.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join