It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Honest Question For ATS Preachers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
Nice hateful answers. I love you all. But seriously, have you converted anyone from ATS, or have you all failed in this endeavour? It is a simple question, if one of you has had success, please, let me know.
And those links in my sig are to make you think, and it did make you think, you just took it to a dark place. Try reading them before you are so quick to judge.

Dude.. You're addressing your OWN congregation. Only 1 person responded to you that "might" be considered a Christian. He/She called you out for what you were doing right off. Everyone else.. those hatefull answers, are all likeminded people... Like Your Mind...

Ya know.. I scracth my head here often, but sometimes.. hehe I cant fight the urdge to laugh at how silly some of you guys really try to be for the sake of some moment of fame from the power of a star pixle.

Just lol

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by autowrench

Dear autowrench,

You know I could never understand people like you. Why you need to attempt to irritate believers for apparently no reason. I think I finally understand. You place the responsibility on others for your relationship with God. You believe a person has to save you rather than you being responsible. This is your big cop out. I am not responsible for you or anyone other than me. You wish to have it both ways, be a non-believer and if it turns out that NDEs and heaven and hell are real then you want to blame me and others for not "saving" you. LOL. It doesn't work that way, you are responsible for you, believe or don't; but, don't try and hold others guilty for your choices.

I have to tell you that one of the people that worked for our church said I was the harshest Pastor they had ever met when it came to counseling. My answers were always the same, you know the choice, make it and stop lying to yourself about what it means. That is how I act with believers. Stop whining, there are people who believe in God and you wont make that go away. Ignore us. You start a thread to teach us that we should not try and "convert" others while trying to convert others. Convert whoever is foolish enough, they never really understood in the first place if they thought they "saved" others.

I think you have a problem. I am thinking that you know enough bible to know what time it is, don't you? Yeah, oh well. I will make it easy for you, when they ask you to take a mark, will you? You can try and convince yourself that it is the "illuminati" trying to orchestrate the bible; but, will you take the mark? Will you willingly be cattle to give yourself some extra days? I look forward to your next thread. Peace.

Man, those words hit their mark so perfectly! Applaud!

What I dont get, there is all this hatred here over Christians. I mean, damn, dont Christians have a right to say their peace too? I mean, doesnt everyone here have an opinion of what came where, how when and why? I mean, why is it only an issue if a Christian speaks up and claims that something is from God?

I hear people bickering, like this poor fella that started this thread (I'm not relgious, but you made me loose all respect for ANY and ALL posts you will now forever make - simply how youve teated people in general, as this thread proves) but I honestly dont see all this hubbub that Christians are supposed to be bashing people with in here. I see comments about Christianity, but that almost always comes after someone points the finger or questions a Christian in this same way.

You people here are sick to provoke others like that. Especially when you bitch and bicker about the exact thing happening in your country and all over the world.. The SAME thing.

Cept.. Put the lable of Christian or Jew, and that makes it taboo.

I mean cmon... Mods included. If you let this kind of ridicule take place in your own home, then you are no better than these guys. Why not just put a disclaimer up on the front page that says...

NO CHRISTIANS ALLOWED!
- Or we will bash, ridicule and tell you how stupid you are.. often! Futhermore, we will take cheep shots at you every single moment of our existence, here on ATS. This is NOT a Christian friendly site. This is a VERY Biased sight with no worth what so ever.. Just judgmental people who really couldnt logic their way out of a paper bag...

Funny how alot of it comes from UFO and GHOST inthusiasts.. Or ridicule of one "religion" upon another. Usually, again, the ones doing the ridiculing are usually the ones that are NOT christian. Hmmm Figure that one out.. Especially when the Christians are supposed to be the bad guys.

As a wise man once said... whatever

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

..."What I want to ask is, how many of the ATS membership have you been able to "Save?" ...

That is a trick question. It is impossible to baptize someone over the Internet and baptism is necessary to be saved.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

One of things they forgot is that we do not "save" anyone, that is between you and god . . .

James and Jude would say otherwise so to me it looks like you are shirking your responsibility.
We have a duty to save people and must work at it tirelessly.
You will probably discover the truth to that too late, when you are in hell.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ezekielken

And isn't the sabbath from sundown friday to sundown saturday. If the lord came to uphold the law, are we not supposed to observe the sabbath. work six ann rest on the seventh?

It may be better to think of that commandment as a work environment regulation where you need to give your employees one day off a week.
Jesus came to bring justice to the world and we are his agents, having learned it through the apostles and have a continuing education by the spirit.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I was asked this by a friend who is a member, and thought it a good question to ask of the devout membership for an answer. Here goes:

As an Internet Preacher, we are aware your mission is to gain converts, that much is a given. What I want to ask is, how many of the ATS membership have you been able to "Save?" How many have recanted their ways and old religions, and fully embraced Christianity because of you?

Please feel free to crow here.

From my perspective, the premise you present is wrong. Converts, at least for me, is not the point. God develops the faith of a person that is willing to humble their heart. That's not the job of the one preaching. Defending the faith by the leading of the Holy Spirit is what motivates a believer in the end. Reflection of the truth toward others is just as beneficial for the one searching as the one witnessing the journey. Notice that all believers in this place are also searching for truth themselves. They are on a positive journey moving toward God, while others are on a negative journey away from God. Some rise and some fall.

Remember what I have said here. There is a body of humanity in this place that will be coming back for answers when it becomes obvious the Bible has accurately foreshadowed our destiny and future. When this happens, the answers will be recorded here. The path to finding the way out of the fire of tribulation will be clearly outlined by returning to the warnings from us that point back to God. At the end of the day, none of us, including me, can say why God has moved us to say the things we have said. When Damascus is utterly destroyed and a peace plan comes and is broken 3.5 years later, it will be clear to many that God is there. Faith will slowly become fact. Many of us already see it. Many more will eventually be awakened.

None of the preachers here have an interest in themselves if they are truly following the leading of the spirit of God. This is true for anyone. Know them by their fruit. The first objective for any believer is to defend the faith. From there, the seeds that are planted will grow if they are good, but only if they fall on good soil. Either way, when the time is right, a person will respond to what is left behind by God's work through us. We have little to do with the nature of destiny.

“Everyone has his own specific vocation or mission in life to carry out; a concrete assignment which demands fulfillment. Therein he cannot be replaced, nor can his life be repeated. Thus, everyone’s task is as unique as his specific opportunity to implement it.” Victor Frankl

edit on 18-7-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by article

You clearly don't know autowrench, not his character, nor his intent, and for you to publicly denounce him and put words in his mouth is unfair, nasty, and against T&C.

There are plenty of people here who are here for the SOLE PURPOSE of "defending the faith", and carrying out their "duty" (as they see it, and have self-appointed themselves for) to "preach." They even admit they are here to persuade. Who are you trying to persuade? Just everyone to dis on autowrench? How is anything you've posted on this thread positive, uplifting, or promotional of peace and tolerance?

It is posts like yours -- attacks like yours -- that perpetuate the divisive problem that is embodied by "religion."

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by PrimeLight

I love your answer, direct from the heart! I appreciate your sincerity here, and your honest answer.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Nice hateful answers. I love you all. But seriously, have you converted anyone from ATS, or have you all failed in this endeavour? It is a simple question, if one of you has had success, please, let me know.
And those links in my sig are to make you think, and it did make you think, you just took it to a dark place. Try reading them before you are so quick to judge.
i don't know that i have converted anyone to christianity, but then again i haven't really tried.

i tend to think that most of the religions around the world are vindicating the same God, seeing as how a lot of stories are very similar. they are talking about the same thing in different ways.

even many of the principles are the same. it's like people having different vantage points looking at something. it may look totally different from one vantage point then it does from another vantage point.

point being my goal has not been to convert anybody to christianity, but to get them to do research and connect a few dots. and also try to experience spirituality.

it might just surprise you.
edit on 18-7-2012 by solongandgoodnight because: adding

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

As a recent de-convert I would first have to ask to you define a Christian.

Well, I used to think they were all the same, but since my time in here, I can see that is a wrong assumption. A true Christian? One who walks and acts like Christ did. Christ never started a religion, in fact, from what I read, he was correcting the priests as a small boy. A true Christian would never show anger, or project hate, or fear to anyone, and would never damn another Soul to their imagined place of punishment. A true Christian would not call another religious faith Satan worship, or another person's God a Demon. A true Christian would study their religion back to it's origins, research their Gods and see who they are, and would read into other religions before just blindly labelling them as evil.
That is my take on it. Anyone else care to comment?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I love your final line, "feel free to crow". Your arrogance and misunderstanding of the bible and what we are supposed to do is pretty common. I will assume you learned it from bad christians who taught the same foolishness, the ones who think they save people.

True, but I also learned much from the religious sects in vogue today, by reading and talking to people. I do not have a misunderstanding of the Bible friend, I just took it apart and discovered from whence it came and the authors who wrote it, and why shouldn't anyone do this? Have you read it all the way through?
Used a Strong's to look up words?

I wasn't talking about anyone EXCEPT the self styled Christian Ministers who haunt this website.
The ones with common rhetoric who label everything not in their book a Demon. The ones who parrot each other, and post long lines of Bible quotes for us to wade through. The ones who cannot defend their positions, but crow loudly that they hold the ultimate truth, or they talk to God/Jesus and God/Jesus tells them things.

Not aimed at anyone else, so chillax.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

..."What I want to ask is, how many of the ATS membership have you been able to "Save?" ...

That is a trick question. It is impossible to baptize someone over the Internet and baptism is necessary to be saved.

OK, that is a beginning. So baptism is a needed element to become a Christian, I understand that. In Wicca we too have certain rituals that "make" you a Wiccan. I was baptised once, but felt nothing, in fact, never felt anything from church except fear and self loathing. Especially when I really got into church politics and secrets.
So you are saying one cannot be "saved" unless they are baptised? I can remember Oral Roberts telling "poor sinners" to just lay their hand on the TV screen and be saved. Was he lying? I can also remember ministers on TV telling people to touch the screen and be healed. I am aware of the electronic magnetic field associated with a TV set, but was not aware it could do anything but entertain you.
Care to comment on this?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

i understand the frustration, but you do have to understand that people are at certain points in this life that they just can't help. they're at where they're at you know?

you have obviously done a lot of research and that is good. you owe that to yourself. the bible was of course put together for an agenda by the roman government, but that doesn't mean many of the stories of Jesus aren't true or other religions for that matter. you raise fair questions, and i believe there is nothing wrong with asking them.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

OK, that is a beginning. So baptism is a needed element to become a Christian, I understand that. In Wicca we too have certain rituals that "make" you a Wiccan. I was baptised once, but felt nothing, in fact, never felt anything from church except fear and self loathing. Especially when I really got into church politics and secrets.

people will always try to manipulate things to make money or create followers, that doesn't mean all of them are that way.

baptism at that time was associated with other religions as well to show you were devoted to whatever teaching it was. so it was probably necessary at the time for the movement to get going so people could publicly display who they were following, but really it was a matter of the heart and still is today.

i personally strongly believe it is not at all necessary to be baptized to be considered a christian, even though the act is very symbolic and can mean a lot to the person who is being baptized. in other words it is not a bad thing.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

What I want to ask is, how many of the ATS membership have you been able to "Save?" How many have recanted their ways and old religions, and fully embraced Christianity because of you?

People don't "save", the Holy Spirit saves.

You'll have to ask the Holy Spirit for the answer , but remember you can't fool the Holy Spirit , because it discerns which souls are truly looking for an answer.

I don't think you'll hear much crowing from the Holy Spirit, so don't keep your spiritual antennae tuned into crow sounds.

edit on 18-7-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Well, I used to think they were all the same, but since my time in here, I can see that is a wrong assumption. A true Christian? One who walks and acts like Christ did. Christ never started a religion, in fact, from what I read, he was correcting the priests as a small boy. A true Christian would never show anger, or project hate, or fear to anyone, and would never damn another Soul to their imagined place of punishment. A true Christian would not call another religious faith Satan worship, or another person's God a Demon. A true Christian would study their religion back to it's origins, research their Gods and see who they are, and would read into other religions before just blindly labelling them as evil.
i REALLY like what you have stated here. i may print it off and keep it around actually.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by article

What I dont get, there is all this hatred here over Christians. I mean, damn, dont Christians have a right to say their peace too? I mean, doesnt everyone here have an opinion of what came where, how when and why? I mean, why is it only an issue if a Christian speaks up and claims that something is from God?

I hear people bickering, like this poor fella that started this thread (I'm not relgious, but you made me loose all respect for ANY and ALL posts you will now forever make - simply how youve teated people in general, as this thread proves) but I honestly dont see all this hubbub that Christians are supposed to be bashing people with in here. I see comments about Christianity, but that almost always comes after someone points the finger or questions a Christian in this same way.

Thank you for your words. they reflect exactly how I feel.

There are some that seem to say Christians are constantly bashing,and I personally don't see it, yet these are the members that start threads such as this, and wonder why some Christians may take offense.

Sad really, but at times shows true colors of motivation and intent, and perhaps who is the guilty party of "bashing".

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

QUOTE FOR THE WIN!

Can you religious people, in this case Christianity, can you do a check on those things he mentioned? and see if you committed any of those? you will understand your fault.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds
reply to post by article

Thank you for your words. they reflect exactly how I feel.

There are some that seem to say Christians are constantly bashing,and I personally don't see it, yet these are the members that start threads such as this, and wonder why some Christians may take offense.

Sad really, but at times shows true colors of motivation and intent, and perhaps who is the guilty party of "bashing".

Simple, if you do a search on ATS, you will find Christian Preach out the hole, ignoring, posting verse from bible after bible like it was a fact. Why do they need to say how others should live their life? why do they damn people for believing in other religions? some are older than Christianity itself?

How many Muslims preach here(i seen few as of recent)? seen, couple of Jewish "preachers", i don't think i seen any Hindu preach here(actually they are not supposed to preach, according to their religion), same goes for Buddhist.

Now people are finally talking back after taking crap for years. Which pisses off Christians, its understandable, they wanted control but people are rebelling against them and using logic to disprove fairy tale.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

One of things they forgot is that we do not "save" anyone, that is between you and god . . .

James and Jude would say otherwise so to me it looks like you are shirking your responsibility.
We have a duty to save people and must work at it tirelessly.
You will probably discover the truth to that too late, when you are in hell.
Oh that's real helpful. Seriously? Make claims of a duty to save people tirelessly, then turn around and say even your fellow Christian is going to hell? And no sign of distress either... Regardless, you didn't even try to "save" anyone yourself, but rather chose to jump on the judgmental bandwagon and "hell" scapegoat like so many others, because that's a lot easier, isn't it?

"You will probably discover the truth to that too late, when you are in hell." What a lovely knee-jerk message...

This is part of the reason a lot of people are getting irritated by "Christians" these days. "Don't believe me? Well, see ya in hell, buddy!" All the hypocrisy, lack of compassion, lack of rationality, and self-righteousness, as well as the casually callous condemnation, truly saddens me. Basically, all the qualities the beloved Christ wasn't, many of his supposed followers seem to embody in great excess.

My heart aches for my fellow man on a daily basis, but even me and my pity would be branded and stoned. :shk: But I don't care what anyone says about me, AQuestion and any other victims, regardless of when, deserve apologies for this kind of prejudice.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join