It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Honest Question For ATS Preachers

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

If you mean that the Son of God existed before He was born, then that is not correct. The Spirit in the Son, the Father/Holy Ghost/God, existed before the virgin birth. However the Son of God, the Father/Holy Ghost/God manifest in flesh did not exist before the virgin birth.

You're arguing semantics. OT (Isaiah 43) tells you plainly that the Savior is Yahweh. Not something very hard to understand. He existed before he was born into this world as Yahweh. The man we call Jesus or Yeshua or Yahshua was the physical manifestation of Yahweh and not the first ever physical manifestation of Yahweh. Yahweh appeared to Adam, Abraham, Moses, Joshua and Gideon, Manoah and his wife (Samson's mother), all in the physical. But according to John 5:37-47 Jesus tells plainly the the Father had never been seen before, so those physical manifestations before he came as the man Jesus were of the Son. John 4:42 makes a direct run at who the Savior is again, and calls him the Christ. So what we have is Yahweh is Messiah, he is the Christ.
edit on 23-7-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

That's exactly what is it commenting on. "Philippians chapter 2". You cant be this bad at scholarship.

It could be I was looking at the shorter version of Henry's, which has none of what you quoted.
bible.cc...
(at the bottom of the page)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by truejew

Yes you did,

No, I did not. You are doing the same thing with my words as you are doing with Scripture and the Jewish faith. What I said was in Genesis 1:26, God was speaking to the angels. The creating in Genesis 1:27 was done only by God, a "He". This is also the teaching of the Jews on Genesis 1:26-27.

And there is no "twisting". John said there us a spirit that denies the relationship between the father and the Son. All other religions, cults, et cetra deny the Son of God. Islam central doctrine is that Jesus is not the Son of God. Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, and every Christian cult are united in their rejection of the Sonship of Christ.

John was not writing about those who reject more than one God, he was writing about those who reject the Son of God.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by truejew

You're arguing semantics.

No, I am teaching one God not three.

So what we have is Yahweh is Messiah, he is the Christ.

No, Yah/Yahweh is Allah, the ancient Arab moon god. The name of God given to Moses was Jeh/Ehjeh, which translated is "I Am". The name "Jesus" means Ehjeh or I Am is salvation.

"Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am." (John 8:57-58 KJV)

"I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive." (John 5:43-44 KJV)
edit on 23-7-2012 by truejew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I dont think its worth placing this link up here because unless the Holy Spirit reveals Jesus as Saviour nobody can see the truth revealed.
Anyway make of it what you will

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

That's exactly what is it commenting on. "Philippians chapter 2". You cant be this bad at scholarship.

It could be I was looking at the shorter version of Henry's, which has none of what you quoted.
bible.cc...
(at the bottom of the page)

Well, the snippet isn't MH's full commentary. And in your link Gill and a few others say the exact same thing. God aligns our wills to both will and to do of His good pleasure.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
www.youtube.com...

I dont think its worth placing this link up here because unless the Holy Spirit reveals Jesus as Saviour nobody can see the truth revealed.

The Tetragrammaton is a fake and comes from Jewish cults during the Jews time in Babylon, not true Judaism. Like I said above, the name God gave to Moses was Ehjeh which translated is "I Am".

"Secret name", "trinity is a mystery" See a connection with Mystery Babylon yet?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

reply to post by truejew

You're arguing semantics.

No, I am teaching one God not three.

So what we have is Yahweh is Messiah, he is the Christ.

No, Yah/Yahweh is Allah, the ancient Arab moon god. The name of God given to Moses was Jeh/Ehjeh, which translated is "I Am". The name "Jesus" means Ehjeh or I Am is salvation.

"Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am." (John 8:57-58 KJV)

"I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive." (John 5:43-44 KJV)

Like bloody hell Yahweh is Allah. You think you're the only bible scholar? I can assure you there are thousands if not millions of bible scholars who'd love to debate you on who Yahweh is, people who spend their entire lives plumbing old tomes most people never see. NuT knows quite a bit about those ancient greek and hebrew languages. Allah is Hu'bal a.k.a. Heylel or Hilal.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

Originally posted by borntowatch
www.youtube.com...

The Tetragrammaton is a fake and comes from Jewish cults during the Jews time in Babylon, not true Judaism. Like I said above, the name God gave to Moses was Ehjeh which translated is "I Am".

"Secret name", "trinity is a mystery" See a connection with Mystery Babylon yet?

Ah no, if you wanna know who Mystery Babylon is i'll refer you to my thread The Bright and Morning Star

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I have a quick response for that blatant blasphemy. What does the name Elijah mean in Aramaic (Eliyahu)?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I have a quick response for that blatant blasphemy.

When Jesus claimed to be Ehjeh, the scribes and Pharisees gave a quick response too.

"Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by." (John 8:58-59 KJV)

What does the name Elijah mean in Aramaic (Eliyahu)?

Do you mean Elijeh?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

edit on 23-7-2012 by truejew because: Accidental double post

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I wish I could star this post many times! I thought the same thing when this poster said what they said about autowrench. Autowrench is very caring and loving as far I can tell. I almost replied, but didn't know exactly what to say. I'm glad you said it.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellie Sagan
reply to post by wildtimes

I wish I could star this post many times! I thought the same thing when this poster said what they said about autowrench. Autowrench is very caring and loving as far I can tell.

So the truth doesn't matter? It's just a matter of being caring and loving?

How is intentionally lying to you caring and loving?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

How is autowrench intentionally lying to anyone?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellie Sagan
reply to post by adjensen

How is autowrench intentionally lying to anyone?

I demonstrated to him over a year ago that Reuchlin's "Piso's wrote the Bible" garbage was a complete fabrication, and he's still telling people that is a true story.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Or are you next going to slander MH?

That would be impossible since Matthew Henry did not write the commentary on Philippians.
He died suddenly after only getting as far as Acts, the rest being completed by other authors.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 23-7-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Well, the snippet isn't MH's full commentary. And in your link Gill and a few others say the exact same thing. God aligns our wills to both will and to do of His good pleasure.

What I was talking about earlier, where I said I spent a couple hours looking at commentaries, I meant ones written in the last two hundred years.
Bur since you bring it up, Gill says something the opposite of your formula.

God works in converted men a will to that which is spiritually good; which is to be understood, not of the formation of the natural faculty of the will; or of the preservation of it, and its natural liberty; or of the general motion of it to natural objects; nor of his influence on it in a providential way; but of the making of it good, and causing a willingness in it to that which is spiritually good.
He is talking about people already converted, and not someone having their natural will "brought into alignment".

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

That's the point when the Holy Spirit indwells a man, at conversion. That's the beginning if the sanctification process.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Or are you next going to slander MH?

That would be impossible since Matthew Henry did not write the commentary on Philippians.
He died suddenly after only getting as far as Acts, the rest being completed by other authors.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 23-7-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

Yes, I know that quite well, however, MH had notes on most the other books of the Bible.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join