It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Tsampoukas" by Russian Navy: "If the block ALAED will protect" ...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

"Tsampoukas" by Russian Navy: "If the block ALAED will protect" ...

translate.google.com

Now the Russian Navy itself - something very unusual - announces that "I guarantee, if necessary, the safety of ship and will provide effective protection if necessary."

Already iges unconfirmed report from Moscow that the ship is watched by Russian submarine, and definitely when it will be close to areas controlled by the western, as the British EEZ, the Straits of Gibraltar, etc., chances are that it is accompanied by a surface ship of the Russian Navy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
What we see here are three main topics.

1) Change of flag
2) Change of insurance company
3) The official Russian navy shadowing the boat with subs and surface combat units.

What are they telling the west and perhaps the world, that it openly knows or there is a high chance that the cargo ship has orders not to stop no matter what the circumstances are and that the Russian Navy will protect its crew / cargo / vessel ?

Are they simply preparing the world for a limited but deadly encounter and the sacrifice is the cargo vessel, similar to how they sacrificed last few weeks the Turkish reconnaissance aircraft ?

Or are they simply under the pretense of protecting their interests to establish a status quo in the Mediterranean that will see their existing Naval Base expand into a full blown military forward strike position as a reply to NATO's expanded missile shield.

Myself, i see it going one way. If the vessel is truly shadowed by subs then this explains why the U.S. openly stated that naval drone units were brought into the region not to go head to head with Syria or Iran, but, to prepare for a possible encounter with the Russian Navy. If and as we already know during the past week, high altitude bomber's were intercepted by scrambled Turkish fighters at a not so high altitude to the north of its borders that also saw Russian fighter units scrambled. As a result of that exercise it was estimated that a number close to 30 strike and fighters / bombers were in a holding pattern just outside Turkish airspace. What hasn't been made aware to the public and for obvious reasons wasn't made aware to the turkish citizens is that Russia successfully mapped and pinged from what location its fighter's were scrambled from and response time according to distance / model of fighters thrown into the scrambled units and by that one can judge time / distance and fuel consumption based on armament load and re arming and interception of possible next scrambled units from Turkey to defend its northern borders. At this point i would also like to make it clear that Russia does have the ability to strike land base targets without the use of high level fighter bombers via the surface to surface missiles. We do know that Turkey does have the upgraded patriot shield system but as someone once send, for every single anti missile launched we can launch 10.

I leave you all to your thoughts and lets hope peace prevails but i somehow do not see such a wish materializing.

Digg In...

translate.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 18-7-2012 by cerebralassassins because: status

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
One would be blind to not see that we are rapidly ramping up to a potential NATO/Russia conflict with these unfolding events in the Middle East and with Syria.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

What a crock.

It was turned back by commercial pressures last time - & that is all that will be used this time too - if anything.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Well, there is some room for speculation here.....
The scene will play itself out over weeks any ways.....I do know that Isreali subs are of the MOST quiet nature....and any russian submarine better have two pairs of ears on for whomever may be shadowing him.......
But all that is far too premature.....The Surface accompanying vessel is not detailed yet?
Wil it be one of those cruiser /aircraft carriers?
Or possibly a destroyer or two?
(I had the impression twelve russian ships were invoved...includuing assault ships with troops)
Is this then mere rumour?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I'm sure we will all hear about it, if something actually happens.

Thanks for the advanced notice, though, not that it means anything while we stand and wait around like spectators in some twisted game where it's always that most of us lose while a few win.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Israeli diesel subs? they cannot remain in pursuit for long periods.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
The cold war never ended, both sides just agreed to disagree, and disarm. Now it seems Russia is getting ready to retaliate to the american jab with a haymaker. Or is it the other way around, we may never know but one thing is for sure. There will be much bigger fish to fry than syrians or Iranians.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I do fully understand and respect everyones opinion, but when news like this comes from moscow it is what it is.

At the same time rosikoo Navy spokesman announced that in order to ensure the safety of vessels sailing in the region and the North Atlantic "have released all the rules of engagement" which means that it is at the discretion of the local commander whether to open fire or not when he will judge that threatened Russian interests!

A.Mesogeios: Liberation rules of engagement the Russian Navy! - NATO sends fleet

and to make things clear

Moscow is clearly concerned about possible naval blockade of Syrian forces from NATO and the Communication on "Release the Rules of Engagement" is precisely this: to halt any such thought. New declarations news agency RIA Novosti, the Russian Navy official said that "The naval forces have a mandate to defend the merchant ships in the event that disrupted their activities and any attempt to deny them to unload in Syria."

edit on 18-7-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Two points:

1) West has no right to stop the commercial ship carrying helicopters from Russia.

2) Russia is conservative enough as to not get into a firefight with the West over a small country like Syria.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by victor7

This coordinated strike on Damascus has all signs of astrology and well planning.My syrian friend is saying that special forces NATO have caught in a firefight.Most dead some surrendered.

The NATO wants Assad out by October or else they will have to proceed with nuclear war which would be their end.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas

If your Syrian friend is Arab then I would laugh his statements off. Assad would love to flaunt any spec ops from NATO nations caught inside Syria. That is not happening.

You like to talk WW3. If it happens then that would be result of NATO attacking Russia directly. It will not be the other way round. I do not think it is happening at all. No good in war fighting when scores of other diplomatic channels are still open.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by victor7

Well there have been a number of special forces caught in past months .

www.voltairenet.org...

A lot of Milan and reportedly even Javelins are pouring in to the Al qaeda terrorists.

120 french special forces captured in Homs:

www.youtube.com...

SAS troops captured:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

50 turkish intelligence officers captured:
www.globalresearch.ca...

Western media are jubilant over the defection of a Syrian TV channel reporter, Ghatan Sleiba, who had been unaccounted for since Wednesday, June 27, and reappeared on Monday, July 2, in Turkey. In an interview with The Guardian, he revealed he was a spy working for the "rebels" for 7 months. He claims to have provided them during that time with sensitive information on army movements. The Western press has presented Ghatan Sleiba as a journalist for Ad-Dunya, adding that he also worked freelance for Al-Ikhbariya. He had been missing since June 27, that is to say, since the commando operation that raided the studios of the private television station, killing four guards during the assault, before murdering three TV anchors in cold blood and demolishing the premises. According to the Western account, Ghatan Sleiba was apparently both a journalist and a spy, in defiance of international conventions. And his flight would have coincided with the murder of his colleagues. Under such circumstances, one cannot but be amazed to see The Guardian and France24 celebrating him as a hero: or is it that these media workers can recognize themselves in his behavior? All the same, the The Guardian and France24 journalists have ridiculed themselves: Ghatan Sleiba worked in television only ten days more than a year ago. He has never been the spy he purports to be. He is just an imaginative young man who concocted a CV to find work with one of the channels created by the CIA for the consumption of the Syrian people.
www.voltairenet.org...

My friend has been right several times.
Plus ww3 is planned ,Read what Stojanovic,Larouche,Celente and Pastor williams are saying.October 2012.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
they're still with this cargo ship.

it's probably full of tomatoes and the real cargo ship carrying weapons is on it's 15th trip.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor7
Two points:

1) West has no right to stop the commercial ship carrying helicopters from Russia.

2) Russia is conservative enough as to not get into a firefight with the West over a small country like Syria.

Correct on both accounts ... the west broke naval law, but Russia doesn't have the balls to actually take them on.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
More sabre rattling from the Russians. More of the same. Putin knows damned well that if it came to an all-out conflict with the west, they don't stand a chance. He's just betting that at the end of the day, force isn't going to be used to stop those silly obsolete choppers. And you know what? He's right. Playing a big game and acting like the big man on the world scene plays well to the home crowd, makes him look less like the impotent despot he is.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn

Originally posted by victor7
Two points:

Correct on both accounts ... the west broke naval law, but Russia doesn't have the balls to actually take them on.

Not entirely correct. The British went through legitimate means to stop the ship, having the British insurer revoke the insurance on the ship therefore making it illegal for the ship to sail through British waters. It was not illegal what they did, but certainly a dirty move..

To your second point, WWI and WWII were started over relatively small nations.....just saying

la2

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

The surface ships, twelve if i recall, have been sent to Syria, and should already be in the Med, supposedly to prevent a blockage by Israel.

Putin must be loving this, he is really showing the west that Russia is stil a power, and is managing to do it with a certain restraint, that if it does lead to conflict will make Russia seem like the victim, its pure genius.

It does make you wonder where this is leading......

la2

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

Putin has one thing that Russia hasnt had before, Chinese backing, makes all the difference if you ask me

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by la2
reply to post by Monger

Putin has one thing that Russia hasnt had before, Chinese backing, makes all the difference if you ask me

Can you substantiate that claim with any formal treaties or military pacts between these two nations?

I would hardly think an military alliance is predicated on a hand shake or some kind words of support for a fellow nation that shares a similar view point on some matters.

Please note that Russia is as different From China as the US is...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join