It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India fishermen deny US ship warned them in UAE shooting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Fisherman Muthu Muniraj, 28, speaking to Reuters news agency from hospital in Dubai, said they had not received any warnings from the US refuelling ship.

"We had no warning at all from the ship, we were speeding up to try and go around them and then suddenly we got fired at," he said.

Mr Muniraj was shot in the legs.

"We know warning signs and sounds and there were none. It was very sudden. My friend was killed, he's gone. I don't understand what happened."

"We were fishing and then on the way back they started shooting at us, so many shots, like a storm," said Muthu Kannan, 35.

He suffered gunshot wounds to the abdomen and leg.

"This is not the first time for us to go out in the boat and we all know what a warning is," said Pandu Sanadhan, 26.

A security team on the Rappahannock opened fire after the boat failed to heed warnings, the US says
"All I can remember is a lot of shooting."

www.bbc.co.uk...

Not fond of the BBC one bit, but this seems like a legitimate report

Unfortunately I doubt theres any way to be certain who is telling the truth... but when I ask myself do I trust the US words or some ordinary fisherman .... it would be nice to see some video footage or something as evidence
edit on 17-7-2012 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Regardless of whether or not they got a warning, its pretty obvious and stupid to go charging up to a US Navy vessel.

Besides, what the hell was an Indian fishing vessel doing in the Straight of Hormuz? Fishing for Oil Tankers?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I was in the Navy and in fact I did a few posts at the .50 cal myself (I was on a FFG). They would have seen the boat from pretty far out. They always give a warning and it would be obvious the ship is a US Navy vessel. There would have been a warning shot at least. However, if the boat came out of nowhere really fast, and there was no time to give proper warning, then the gunner would have fired on them. They're trained for this stuff. Also, there is a complicated system whereby the crew of a Navy ship identifies everything at sea and in the air. Combat Systems down below can see all the blips on a radar, but obviously it isn't like a video game where some blips are green, red, or blue for friendlies, enemies or neutral. That's what topside watch standers/sentries are for. When a sentry spots a ship, boat, sub, plane, person, animal or anything in the water or in the air, they relay specifically what they see to Combat Systems. It goes like this, "Combat, Aft. I got a small boat about 200 meters out... east. Looks like a fishing boat of some kind." "Aft, Combat, aye." Then whoever is at the radar, finds the blip on the screen matching that approximate location in relation to their own ship, and marks it. That is how the Navy tracks all vessels, animals, and aircraft. The Bridge will hail suspicious vessels over radio to get more information. Combat ALWAYS spots a blip well before a sentry does. Anyway, I'm rambling about the good ole days, but I'm positive that something was amiss. Maybe they were just generally stupid and thought it would be fun to play chicken with a US Navy vessel. I dunno...

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nostromo85
Besides, what the hell was an Indian fishing vessel doing in the Straight of Hormuz? Fishing for Oil Tankers?
err better question is what is the united states doing with a massive naval armada half way across the world when they can't even adequately defend their own borders at home.. At least the indians live nearby
edit on 17-7-2012 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I believe the fishermen. The US covers up and lies about the things they do on a daily basis, I'm not going to start believing them now.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ThedeadeyesofCharlieSheen

I agree that the US government is a stinking pile of liars, but the Navy is an honorable bunch. "Honor, Courage, Commitment"

They aren't like Army and Marines, trained to kill everything in sight and laugh about it. Maybe I'm biased as a former Sailor, but from my experience, they wouldn't just shoot at a boat for no reason.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Boat full of Indians moving towards a U.S. ship at highspeed on the water, fishing?

I support U.S. defense of its assets and soldiers, always.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

when i believe somebody then it is ths poor Fisherman!What a shame for the us military.When im them i will goes only with a sack over the head outside walking,my guedness!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I can kind of see this happening. I'm ex-Navy, and I have a small 25 footer that I take out in the Chesapeake Bay sometimes. Not often enough
Sometimes I encounter Navy ships coming in while I'm going out, or vice versa. Naturally, I try to steer clear, but I still have to pass by them. If they were trying to warn me to keep more distance, I might not have my radio on. If it was on, they might not be broadcasting on a frequency I was tuned to. I might not know they were trying to warn me until I was within bullhorn range, which, unfortunately is closer than 50 cal. range. Add to that the probable language barrier. The Navy ship may have tried to warn the small boat, the small boat may have had no ided they were being warned.

I'd like to know what kind of warnings the Navy ship sent. I can understand their desire to not allow the small boat to get too close in that region, and I can understand that the small boat may not have received or understood the warnings. This could all just be a tragic mistake, that could be cleared up with explainations and apologies.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
I can kind of see this happening. I'm ex-Navy, and I have a small 25 footer that I take out in the Chesapeake Bay sometimes. Not often enough
Sometimes I encounter Navy ships coming in while I'm going out, or vice versa. Naturally, I try to steer clear, but I still have to pass by them. If they were trying to warn me to keep more distance, I might not have my radio on. If it was on, they might not be broadcasting on a frequency I was tuned to. I might not know they were trying to warn me until I was within bullhorn range, which, unfortunately is closer than 50 cal. range. Add to that the probable language barrier. The Navy ship may have tried to warn the small boat, the small boat may have had no ided they were being warned.

I'd like to know what kind of warnings the Navy ship sent. I can understand their desire to not allow the small boat to get too close in that region, and I can understand that the small boat may not have received or understood the warnings. This could all just be a tragic mistake, that could be cleared up with explainations and apologies.

This.
edit on 7/18/2012 by OrphenFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

OrphenFire you are correct! I stood my share of 50 cal watches while floating around in the Persian Gulf in '87 on the USS Cochrane DDG-21. I find it VERY hard to believe our Navy wouldn't give some sort of warning to an approaching craft. Either these guys were asleep, drunk or up to no good. They may have been "fishing" but I'm not too sure it was for fish.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by nostromo85
Regardless of whether or not they got a warning, its pretty obvious and stupid to go charging up to a US Navy vessel.

Fishing? What the hell is the US doing in the Straight of Hormuz? Oh yeah, I forgot. Stupid me. America's Navy... a GLOBAL force for good. Whatever the heck good means.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
like i said .. no warning shots .. no one listen
my spider sense for cover ups never fail me

this was a free murder
brainwashed soldiers can wait anymore to kill iranians and syrian
like Iraq and Libya

they probably though .. lets have some fun this one looks suspicious
lets shoot it and let the feds cover it up like they always do

any incident is filmed .. how come they didnt release the video yet
it will proove in a way that it was the little boat fault
but videos are easy to edit with bullet sounds

the only way to discover the truth is to listen to the indian fisherman version of event

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by seenavv

"We had no warning at all from the ship, we were speeding up to try and go around them and then suddenly we got fired at," he said.

They were speeding up to try and go in front of it?

Hey, I'm no sailor, but in a heavy vessel that can't make fast manouvres I would be a little bit scared about the possibility they could throw some type of mine in my path!

Not justifying the shooting or anything. I have no idea what happened there, but what this fisherman claims they did seems a little bit dangerous to me.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
USA is a humanslayer murderous genocidal scum who drools day and night for war and genocide.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
So this is how it goes? The US is allowed to station troops everywhere around the world and shoot anyone who looks threatening enough for them? How long will we let this go on?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
reply to post by ThedeadeyesofCharlieSheen

I agree that the US government is a stinking pile of liars, but the Navy is an honorable bunch. "Honor, Courage, Commitment"

They aren't like Army and Marines, trained to kill everything in sight and laugh about it. Maybe I'm biased as a former Sailor, but from my experience, they wouldn't just shoot at a boat for no reason.

Yes, You're just as biased as any squid towards the marines, or any army dog towards a devil dog, leatherneck, jarhead or whatever..., or airman vs the "gayvy". Face it.. Our millitary dont have much for other branches in it's own millitary. Its how we make perfection by always trying to outdo one another.

But you are correct. No matter the branch, we dont just do stuff without a purpose and a plan. It's not as evil as ya may think. And it definatly isnt all about killing and laughing, as you would put it. There are bad eggs in every gathering. Doesnt matter what branch. Ive seen some pretty ignorant fools come out of the Navy, just as Ive served with some in the Army.

But as always... The guys at the bottom ALWAYS get blamed for the chumps at the top. Someone has to be their patsy.. right?
edit on 18-7-2012 by article because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
like i said .. no warning shots .. no one listen
my spider sense for cover ups never fail me

this was a free murder
brainwashed soldiers can wait anymore to kill iranians and syrian
like Iraq and Libya

they probably though .. lets have some fun this one looks suspicious
lets shoot it and let the feds cover it up like they always do

any incident is filmed .. how come they didnt release the video yet
it will proove in a way that it was the little boat fault
but videos are easy to edit with bullet sounds

the only way to discover the truth is to listen to the indian fisherman version of event

Thats just as ignorant as the basis behind your responce.

"Lets listen to the fisherman to get the real story"

Seriously? Is that how you come to your conclusions? What ever happen to good olde investigative skills? Common sense? Maturity?

Right out the window along with your responce, Ben.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

For all of you US haters out there:

You jerks make me sick. Americans have sacrificed themselves for people around the world on many, many occasions. From the beaches of Normandy, France to countless other locations on the planet. Remember your words of contempt when the "sh*t hits the fan" and no one else is around to help you.

The US Navy has responded to uncountable numbers of emergencies and life saving missions around the world.:
We we there when Somali pirates took Iranian hostages: www.usatoday.com...
We were there for the people of Japan after the tsunami: www.reuters.com...
We were there for the people of Haiti after the earthquake: www.theworld.org...
www.navytimes.com...
www.navy.mil...
We were there for the people after the 2004 tsunami in the Indian Ocean Region: en.wikipedia.org...
We were there for the people of the Philippines after Mt. Pinatubo erupted: archives.starbulletin.com...

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head that involved the US Navy, the ones that made it into the mainstream news..... Really blood thirsty huh? I can come up with many many more if you want.

Oh yeah... I really hope this pisses you haters off, because you know I speak the truth.

edit on 18-7-2012 by greenie65 because: Just for kicks

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Rules of engagement changed the day the USS Cole was nearly sunk by a suicide speed boat. In this case these "seasoned fisherman" had no business even being near a vessel like this. Their erratic maneuvering according to the Navy was enough to warrant a warning and warning shots.

When in a smaller craft you always yield to the Biggest Flippin vessel around you. They cannot turn on a dime. Perhaps these "fishermen" need a primer in seamanship.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join