It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today I Rewarded Good Will for the First Time Ever!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Just a heads up here. I am heading offline for the rest of the night and most of the day tomorrow, so if anyone posts here and I don't reply in a reasonable amount of time, it is because I am sleeping or working,

Excuse my typos in the previous posts, a bit tired (more lazy than tired) and didn't recognize the errors.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

I am so very happy to read there is someone as goodhearted as you in this world. I'm glad I took the time to read your story. Unfortunately the only thing I can pay you with is this small prayer.

"May God shine his light on every step you take in life". I pray that he sends you an Angel of a woman, and that you are lucky enough to have a child as I have in my life. As a Father we are meant to be nurturers and teachers. You are the type of man that would make an incredible father. You are the type of man all men should aspire to be in the sense of giving to others. You are the type of man that should be reproducing in our society. It's so sad that many fathers are more-or-less sperm donors and that's where they give up.

I was sorry to read about your friend. Anyone would be lucky to have you as a friend. Like you my career has been a priority and I've been with the same company now for 24years and 7months. I pray I make it to my 25th anniversary as the are currently laying off many where I am.

When you do pass on some day I'm sure the big guy upstairs will be waiting for you with a big smile on his face and open arms to welcome you home.

God bless.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Turn this into a youtube vlog and let the act of 'doing good deeds' go viral.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
S&F. I remember a time when more folks did things like this. I miss those times. As I read your post, I thought about what it was like when I was growing up and I teared up a bit by how much has changed in my short years here. My dad even bartered, traded, etc. with the orthodontist that put the braces on my teeth. It seemed more normal then than it does now. And folks got things they needed, work done they wanted, and made a friend in the process most of the time.

You did a good thing. I hope he "Pays it Forward" and that you will see a blessing from it as well.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by PMNOrlando

Thank you for your post and the hopes you have for my future happiness. It really does mean a lot to have friends on ATS (who are really strangers) thinking about me. I am sure it would mean a lot to everyone here if/when they realize their friends here do care about them and o want the very best for all of us.

Thanks again!!

On another note - it sucks to try and do something nice for someone, in hopes it may become contagious and spread across the country or even the planet, then see breaking news of someone that has committed an exponentially worse deed.

I guess, in order to get this thing running on a larger awareness scale, we need to do something that will be seen nation-wide or world-wide and can relate to almost everyone...

Let me crunch my brain for a good idea and I will share it here, or in a new thread later on, before I go through with it.

I may open an interactive thread where you all can work with me to find something that would reward the good will of others...

We can call my next thread, 'Good Will Hunting'!

I'll start working on it and maybe have something to build on in the next several days.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Thank you for the suggestion. I have been thinking about this and I have a small, incomplete idea in works and it does include audio and video records.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I love operating on the barter system. Speaking of dentistry, a couple years back, I did the floors for a dentist and he did some dental work for me.

I am suprised at how many people don't know how to use the barter system and think they must pay in cash or plastic to every purchase they make.

I believe bartering can be a powerful financial tool, if used properly.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Absolutely. I think folks are afraid to broach the subject with those they are dealing with out of pride, embarrassment, or they are just unaware that people still do this. Even (as in our cases) professionals need something or another from time to time that they are willing to trade out for.It's as good as cash in the hand at times.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I believe one reason for the decline in bartering skills can be seen in the depreciation of items bartered and the subsequent loss of earned value. People losing money on things they trade for and the limitations on turning the item over, if not aquired for peronal use.

Even so, I still like to trade for material objects that are strange, rare, or something I have a direct need for.

It can also be a forced savings account, depending on what you are trading for. After several years of bartering, if you ever run into a financial pinch, you will have items for collateral or items you can liquify for fast cash, even if it ends a slight loss.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Wow, good for you.
I have always been a fan of pay-it-forward, but with such a small income I have found it harder than I would like.

Anyways, one of my friends asked me to babysit her son next week for the first time in years.
She works 5 hard days a week and is recently divorced. Next month her rent is going up to $1000 of her $1800 a month income.
She makes too much money to be eligible for subsidies and her ex is not paying child support as he was not the father.

She doesn't know it yet, but I am planning on doing it for free.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by smilesmcgee

Hey, that would be awesome! I am sure it would mean a great deal to your friend too, maybe even much more than you realize.

Sometimes being kind to someone can change their whole week, possibly months, years, or on rare occasions maybe even turn-around their whole life!

Thank you for sharing your plan to help your friend and sorry for the delayed reply. Seeing the plans, to help friends and family, that many ATS members have shared is encouraging and refreshing to me.

I hope all these good deeds do not go without notice and everyone who received the assistance will be inspired and motivated to help out someone else in any way possible, big or small!

It has been close to a couple weeks since doing this. I planned to write how my emotions and outlook has changed in the days and weeks following the completion of 'The Plan', so I am doing that now.

I will probably just post it in this thread, unless it turns into something more deserving. It may be a good thread to start for others to share their 'post goodwill' experiences with us.

Thanks again for the post and your plan!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join