It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RNC confirms Ron Paul will be up for nomination

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786
reply to post by NeoVain

Hmm. How interesting. I thought Ron Paul was a "Libertarian." Nope. Guess not. Still a Republican (which people should realize by the R after his name). If he had the courage of his convictions (and was not using the generic "Libertarian" label that people from all over the political spectrum claim) he would drop the R and put an I after his name and truly be a "Libertarian."

Wow...and some people still want even more proof that our educational system is failing, huh?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenJack

The words I pulled straight out of my a....Imagination but the story is an illustration of destruction from within.
Some things are just too big to face outright, this is how our forces are being dwindled down at this moment, by cooks, cleaners, any ordinary guy or gal.
Get hired onto a base and find the weaknesses or make them via friendships, observations, Etc.
It is the trojan horse we fall for everyday, and we are the "superior force".
Many "great" military minds down through history laugh at the current situation we are in.
Worse yet, so does everybody else who sees what I see, we truly are the butt of the joke, and we don't even know it.
Writing the little story, I may have been legally impared.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Forgive my ignorance, but can Ron Paul run as an independent? Or is it too late for that..
I'm Canadian, so i realize i don't have a dog in this race necessarily, though i still watch with interest b/c obviously being your northern neighbour this will impact us. My opinion, though i admit it might not well informed, but basing it strictly upon what i have seen of from Paul on t.v. & youtube (i watched the Republican race for a couple times both the horror and hilarity of it) is that Ron Paul is basically the only one who seems like he has any integrity or talking with any real sincere conviction. Every other candidate (including Romney... really? Romney?) seemed & sounded fake as hell. Like it was all very rote and rehearsed when they spoke.

Don't get me wrong, i am not all 'Ra ra ra' Ron Paul, but he is by far, in my humble opinion and limited perspective, the only guy i would have any faith whatsoever in. The fact that the NDP for the first time in history is the official opposition party here in Canada gives me hope that who knows what is possible.

Peace. ~

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Well you have recieved said star. Lol
As stated I really enjoyed that, I am a fan of creative thinking. Some of the most creative and ingenius things were done legally impaired so hats off, raise a glass, or smoke that lefty cig. What ever your poision maybe.

And your statement is true, I truely wish the masses would wake up. I know that is said here alot, but I believe it is because we all truly know deep down inside that the world as a population keeps hearing the alarm go off . But we keep hitting the snooze button to get our five more minutes of " sleep" rather than face the work that lies ahead.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by smarterthanyou
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I'm not surprised you're from Jersey. The "Center" of fail.

And
an
epic
win
we
have
here

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
One question

"what makes you believe the votingmachines wont be rigged in the general election, just as it has been in most of the republican primaries?"

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
i am unsure why ron paul is listed as a major attraction on this site. yes he is a candidate so are a few others NOT mentioned. speaking for myself i think this should be under Off Topic heading not as a main topic. Yes I am biased. i find him raciest (oh i know he says not) just follow his logic down the road see where it leads. i see the history of the USA as being one of neighbor caring for neighbor. unions defending the rights and wages of the working class. in short people working together for the future.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

they'll shove him off to a corner until 3 am when no one is paying attention.... oh wait that happens all the time, so it doesn't matter, no one will pay attention to him. America doesn't want to know the truth.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3rdBOB2theLeft
Yes I am biased. i find him raciest (oh i know he says not) just follow his logic down the road see where it leads. i see the history of the USA as being one of neighbor caring for neighbor. unions defending the rights and wages of the working class. in short people working together for the future.

Neighbor caring for neighbor is something he bases his whole philosophy on. His whole thing is based on individual merits in life which I'm sure , even MLK Jr (who was a Republican, was he racist?) would agree with and not consider racist. I agree people should work together for the future, but not a future where the govt has total control over every part of my life. And if you vote for anyone other than him, that is exactly what you are getting.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
It's looking like Mitt Romney doesn't want any crazies there like Sarah Palin and Yes Ron Paul falls into that category too!

so you're saying Romney controls the RNC? or at least has an agenda and the influence to do that? how do you know?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
Some things are just too big to face outright,

that's right. things like ideas that eventually spread into the mind of each person intelligent enough to understand it.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mimir
One question

"what makes you believe the votingmachines wont be rigged in the general election, just as it has been in most of the republican primaries?"

doesn't matter to me as long as I have a reason to get off my ass and try to help this poor old country. I am supporting Paul by living by his ideals. He is the perfect example of a good, gentle and honest person. People who've said all along that he will never get elected must already just believe the system is broken. They've swallowed the wrong pill and given up their sovereignty as a person.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Because The RNC is rallying behind Mitt Romney to get him into the White House. Overall, he does not control the RNC, no. In this instance he can and will decide who he wants to speak at the Convention that will be held in HIS honor!!!!

Why else do you think they hold the convention in the first place? Its not Ron Paul fest, thats something you guys are holding that Ron Paul isnt even going to!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

reply to post by bottleslingguy

Because The RNC is rallying behind Mitt Romney to get him into the White House. Overall, he does not control the RNC, no. In this instance he can and will decide who he wants to speak at the Convention that will be held in HIS honor!!!!

Why else do you think they hold the convention in the first place? Its not Ron Paul fest, thats something you guys are holding that Ron Paul isnt even going to!!!!!!

Where is Romney fest?? Oh that's right, nobody likes him enough to organize anything in his name...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5

Where is Romney fest?? Oh that's right, nobody likes him enough to organize anything in his name...

OK so what do you think the convention is for????

You people are seriously confused here or are just starting to learn about how our political system is set up.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

You people are seriously confused here or are just starting to learn about how our political system is set up.

Exactly, the convention is part of the political system doyyyy.... A festival is not, who is confused here?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

A show put on by a bunch of old white republicans to further their brainwashing campaign. LOL @ putting it on in Mitt's honor. You have to be kidding? The only reason they let a mormon into the ol boys club is that he plays by the rules and has money. He will say and do anything he is told. When they are through with him they will start to groom Bush III.

I really hope you are a troll. If not, you are really oblivious to political brainwashing.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Exactly, the convention is part of the political system doyyyy.... A festival is not, who is confused here?

How is putting a festival on in honor of another politician NOT part of the political system? Besides, Ron Paul isn't going to Paul Fest, because its not officially part of his campaign. His campaign has set up another delegate (political insider) convention that he has invited his other supporters to!

We'll see how big supposedly Paul fest will be, but I am guessing it won't be nearly as big as the Convention will be! They have been preparing for it for months. I follow their progress very closely.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I follow their progress very closely.

Why?

Why would a person who is so opposed to a candidate that he has to announce it in his ATS signature line even bother following that candidate "very closely."

I think we all know what can be gathered by that.

Credibility = 0

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join