It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RNC confirms Ron Paul will be up for nomination

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
And I can almost guarantee you that it will be the most intellectual 15 minutes we have heard from a Presidential nominee in decades.

Paul supporters- I salute you. Without you, none of this would have ever happened.

Prepare people- It is going to be wild.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CoolerAbdullah786

At the moment, the system is set up so that a third party has no chance at winning. This is why Ron Paul decided to run as a Republican, and he does represent older Republican values. If Ron Paul does win the presidency, this could pave the way for third parties to have a chance in the future.

A lot of other countries have more than two parties, so it would be nice to have a system where we could as well.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786
reply to post by NeoVain

Hmm. How interesting. I thought Ron Paul was a "Libertarian." Nope. Guess not. Still a Republican (which people should realize by the R after his name). If he had the courage of his convictions (and was not using the generic "Libertarian" label that people from all over the political spectrum claim) he would drop the R and put an I after his name and truly be a "Libertarian."

It doesn't matter what is after his name, it matters what his honesty level is and how he views government and politics, Jefferson style or Hamilton style. Hamilton was a traitor. John Quincy Adams ran on the "Anti-masonic" platform, and he was elected. I would love to run on the Anti-Masonic platform and do away with all that BS.

All this does is confuse the sheep and split the vote, which doesn't matter anyway, and put the criminal back in office. I do not vote, will not vote and have removed my "strawman" from the "voting register". It is a Natural righ tto vote and need not give it's existence to registration, which transfers ownership of the vote.

Shame people don't get it or comprehend the BS.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

A lot of other countries have more than two parties, so it would be nice to have a system where we could as well.

Things don't always work that efficiently though; especially when two parties that are completely opposite one another end up making a coalition.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Hm...I would like to believe this is true, but is there any other Mainstream Sources confirming this?

The author sounds a lot like most of the Ron Paul supporters on this website...So until an independent source who is not bias and supporting Ron Paul comes forward, I say that the story is bogus.

Mason Rockwell Buran, founder of the political interest group "Real Change for Americans," is a student who is motivated by the issues we face in modern politics. His articles will continuously challenge the status-quo and present ulterior inquiries. Contact Mason at MasonRBuran@gmail.com

Did this kid just Rick-Roll every single gullible Ron Paul supporter out there? Methinks he did! Besides, if you actually read the article, it doesn't really confirm anything. It states that Ben Swann is asking RNC officials if Ron Paul is nominated. It states that Ron Paul is nominated, without citing the sources that says this. There is nothing about RNC nominating Ron Paul in any official capacity. If Ronnie was going to the Convention and he was announcing it now, you would think that he would send out an email to his supporters wouldn't he? To say prepare for the speech right.

For conspiracy theorists you guys sure do not question anything when it comes to Ron Paul huh? You would think Ron Paul himself would make the announcement, not some kid who works for the Examiner...
edit on 18-7-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
So if this is true then why is Rachel Maddow saying that Ron Paul's Presidential run is "DEAD"?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Politicians are actors on the stage of public opinion and nothing more. It’s a soap opera for people who believe they are educated, but in reality they are indoctrinated. This is why social issues are masqueraded as political issues by the media, so people do not realize most politicians have the same agenda due to special interest investment. Politicians are products.

This country was founded as a constitutional republic, yet that dream has faded into history. Unfortunately, we skipped the democratic phase, which many believe we are in at present. The United States of America is a bureaucracy and has been since the industrial revolution. Just read Propaganda by Edward Bernays (1928), its all spelled out for you in less than 170 pages.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The RNC didn't confirm anything...Ben Swan, Ron Paul Fan Boy #1 "confirmed" it.

Just like he was "confirming" that Ron Paul was actually winning the primary...and we all see how that turned out.

I wouldn't get your hopes up Paul supporters...unless Romney personally invites Ron Paul to speak....he isn't speaking.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by CoolerAbdullah786

What are you talking about? Understand politics and our two party system. Unless you are a multi billionaire it's pointless to run outside of the two main parties. He is running as a republican because he had to. He ran for president as a libertarian once before. He is doing what he has to do.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Hm...I would like to believe this is true, but is there any other Mainstream Sources confirming this?

The author sounds a lot like most of the Ron Paul supporters on this website...So until an independent source who is not bias and supporting Ron Paul comes forward, I say that the story is bogus.

You know I haven't seen on mature, non-biased post from you, ever. Every thread you have created has had an agenda behind it. Every post, every sentence, right down to the letter. If I wasn't shallow-minded I would think you were a mainstream media shill, always racing to save the day from the evil Paulites.

Of course there aren't going to be any Mainstream Sources confirming it. They are the enemy! Wake up. You think they're going to let Paul win? You think they're going to acknowledge that they're in the wrong? That he's beating their system? No. They'll never admit defeat! Even when its looking them dead in the eye. . .

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Davian

You know I haven't seen on mature, non-biased post from you, ever. Every thread you have created has had an agenda behind it. Every post, every sentence, right down to the letter. If I wasn't shallow-minded I would think you were a mainstream media shill, always racing to save the day from the evil Paulites.

Of course there aren't going to be any Mainstream Sources confirming it. They are the enemy! Wake up. You think they're going to let Paul win? You think they're going to acknowledge that they're in the wrong? That he's beating their system? No. They'll never admit defeat! Even when its looking them dead in the eye. . .

Yeah cause that post was quite mature. What agenda is it do I have? Please inform me.

Anyway aside from your silly accusations and personal insults let me give you an education in GOP structure. The RNC is in charge of the Convention. If Ron Paul was going they would certainly tell you! They did last time...Why would they keep you in the dark this time?

It's looking like Mitt Romney doesn't want any crazies there like Sarah Palin and Yes Ron Paul falls into that category too!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I'm typing from a smart phone and its hard to reference links here. I'm a huge Ron Paul supporter and I wish he had a chance of earning the nomination but unfortunately some of the info from the OP is wrong. Ron Paul only won plurality in 3 states. He didn't win Louisiana or Nevada. Simple google\bing cross referencing proved that. Once I get to my laptop I'll post some links from different sources. Ron Paul has one last trump card and that involves Romney's tax returns. I'd like to see where that goes.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Don’t think there are congressmen who take the bribes of lobbyist money and those who don’t. There is only ONE congressman who refuses to play the game. Only one congressman who refuses to go on congressional junkets because he knows they are tax payer paid vacations. Only ONE congressman who rejects the congressional pension plan, refusing to take a dime because he knows the public can’t get such a break. Only one congressman who never voted for an unbalanced budget or a pay raise. And that ONE congressman is Ron Paul. He has been consistent for 22 years. But all of the above is never mentioned by the national media. It is studiously avoided. You only hear it when one of us slips through the net and gets on television, and that is usually during the daytime when few are watching.

And it is not just about the corruption.

Ron Paul has been right about the consequences of these policies and how they are leading us to the brink. Ron Paul called the housing bubble, years before it happened. He predicted the crisis in Greece. (With the advent of the internet, the public suddenly has access to a medium with a long memory. That is why there is a battle raging to shut down the free use of the internet.)

Enjoy these waning moments of liberty where we can still spread it around. (Enjoy this season while it lasts, the internet is a loophole that the American elite are trying desperately to plug.)

The corporate world, who live directly or indirectly off their little piggy bank, the Federal Reserve, is furious because Ron Paul has pulled back the curtain to show how they maintain monopolies and shut out small business competition. It is the banks that own them. The banks tap the FED for interest free loans, into the trillions of dollars, and then pass the money onto the companies who advertise on television, and in some cases directly to the very holding companies who own the networks themselves. Nice, huh?

It is why in a nationally televised debate, with Ron Paul running neck and neck with Barack Obama in polls, and running second in the GOP, they limited his speaking time to 89 seconds.

So the media will continue to play up what they will declare is Dr Paul’s hypocrisy. He takes his social security check. He has the nerve to take back a small amount of the money he put in over the years as a promised, government supervised, mandatory retirement. He dares to take them at their word. Of course, the money he gets back is diluted by inflation and worth much less than what he put in which is why he wants a better, more honest method of retirement for the next generation.

Meanwhile, George W. Bush and Barack Obama, one a Republican and the other a Democrat, both of whom have presided over the second worst depression in American history, have doubled their own salaries as president. Together, on their watch, they have seen the largest transfer of wealth from the poor to the rich in American history. The national media slavishly worships and protects one or the other just as they now promote either Barack Obama or Mitt Romney.

Who cares? The number one donor to both men is Goldman Sachs.

So who’s the hypocrite?

Source: Another media lie about Ron Paul
www.rt.com...

Look what Fox said just the other day!
Paul's bid to be nominated for GOP president ends
www.foxnews.com...

Nightmare neocons join Team Romney
rt.com...
edit on 18-7-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
See it this way guys.

If Romney is the candidate, he will never have more voters than Obama. Obama wins.
If Ron Paul goes independent, he will never get enough voters. Obama wins.

Now if Ron Paul is the Republican party nominee, he has many chances to win.
Conservatives will never vote Obama and Liberals will never vote Romney but both sides could vote for Ron Paul.

Ron Paul is the only chance the Republican party have to win.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by theMediator
See it this way guys.

If Romney is the candidate, he will never have more voters than Obama. Obama wins.
If Ron Paul goes independent, he will never get enough voters. Obama wins.

Now if Ron Paul is the Republican party nominee, he has many chances to win.
Conservatives will never vote Obama and Liberals will never vote Romney but both sides could vote for Ron Paul.

Ron Paul is the only chance the Republican party have to win.

Romney and Obama are just two sides of the same old coin! It would be a joke to vote for either! Only a fool would carry the Obamney torch!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The two party system is a sham and the MSM are the paid shills of the whole mess. People here need to wake up and see the system for what it is. Just look at what we have to choose from. Both are crooks that are supported by the bailed out Wall Street banking institutions and have been $hitting on the constitution all of their political careers. This country and the rest of the free world deserves better. Ron Paul is the only man with a real plan and is stainless.

NONE BUT PAUL IN 2012!
edit on 18-7-2012 by WarChestNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Originally posted by Davian

Yeah cause that post was quite mature. What agenda is it do I have? Please inform me.

Anyway aside from your silly accusations and personal insults let me give you an education in GOP structure. The RNC is in charge of the Convention. If Ron Paul was going they would certainly tell you! They did last time...Why would they keep you in the dark this time?

It's looking like Mitt Romney doesn't want any crazies there like Sarah Palin and Yes Ron Paul falls into that category too!

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
Don’t think there are congressmen who take the bribes of lobbyist money and those who don’t. There is only ONE congressman who refuses to play the game. Only one congressman who refuses to go on congressional junkets because he knows they are tax payer paid vacations. Only ONE congressman who rejects the congressional pension plan, refusing to take a dime because he knows the public can’t get such a break. Only one congressman who never voted for an unbalanced budget or a pay raise. And that ONE congressman is Ron Paul. He has been consistent for 22 years. But all of the above is never mentioned by the national media. It is studiously avoided. You only hear it when one of us slips through the net and gets on television, and that is usually during the daytime when few are watching.

And it is not just about the corruption.

Ron Paul has been right about the consequences of these policies and how they are leading us to the brink. Ron Paul called the housing bubble, years before it happened. He predicted the crisis in Greece. (With the advent of the internet, the public suddenly has access to a medium with a long memory. That is why there is a battle raging to shut down the free use of the internet.)

Enjoy these waning moments of liberty where we can still spread it around. (Enjoy this season while it lasts, the internet is a loophole that the American elite are trying desperately to plug.)

The corporate world, who live directly or indirectly off their little piggy bank, the Federal Reserve, is furious because Ron Paul has pulled back the curtain to show how they maintain monopolies and shut out small business competition. It is the banks that own them. The banks tap the FED for interest free loans, into the trillions of dollars, and then pass the money onto the companies who advertise on television, and in some cases directly to the very holding companies who own the networks themselves. Nice, huh?

It is why in a nationally televised debate, with Ron Paul running neck and neck with Barack Obama in polls, and running second in the GOP, they limited his speaking time to 89 seconds.

So the media will continue to play up what they will declare is Dr Paul’s hypocrisy. He takes his social security check. He has the nerve to take back a small amount of the money he put in over the years as a promised, government supervised, mandatory retirement. He dares to take them at their word. Of course, the money he gets back is diluted by inflation and worth much less than what he put in which is why he wants a better, more honest method of retirement for the next generation.

Meanwhile, George W. Bush and Barack Obama, one a Republican and the other a Democrat, both of whom have presided over the second worst depression in American history, have doubled their own salaries as president. Together, on their watch, they have seen the largest transfer of wealth from the poor to the rich in American history. The national media slavishly worships and protects one or the other just as they now promote either Barack Obama or Mitt Romney.

Who cares? The number one donor to both men is Goldman Sachs.

So who’s the hypocrite?

Source: Another media lie about Ron Paul
www.rt.com...

Look what Fox said just the other day!
Paul's bid to be nominated for GOP president ends
www.foxnews.com...

Nightmare neocons join Team Romney
rt.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

We all know your agenda. Tow the party line for Romney because you don't like Obama and knock Ron Paul in the mean time because you know Romney will lose it due to Paul because Romney isn't the real people's choice for GOP candidate

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Screw the fifteen minutes.....

Call me an idealist---but I'm still shooting for FOUR YEARS!!!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

[/qoute]As I watched the first Knight fight the dragon, his sword would not penetrate the monsters scales.
This happened with the next few all with the same result.
My time came and I jumped straight into the beasts jaw and slid down his gullet to the stomach.
There I found no scales only soft flesh, I tore and shredded and pierced until the beast died.
I then stepped out of his lifeless jaw unscathed.
Get what I'm getting at?

It is a tragedy that too many of us lose heart at the first mention of a rumor, what ever happened to strong people?
Some things are just too big to fight.

Star for you. I enjoyed your post, where did you find this nugget of wisdom? It reminds me of Aesops fables,
lessons and wisdom through short story. If it is an original and yours you deserve two stars.

edit on 18-7-2012 by CitizenJack because: didnt qoute

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join