It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limburgh links Batman's Bane with Romney's Bain!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
In a new twistfrom the ol' idiot it is all an evil plot by Obama & the Dem's to discredit Romney in a subtle manner-

This movie, the audience is gonna be huge. A lot of people are gonna see the movie, and it's a lot of brain-dead people, entertainment, the pop culture crowd, and they're gonna hear Bane in the movie and they're gonna associate Bain. The thought is that when they start paying attention to the campaign later in the year, and Obama and the Democrats keep talking about Bain, Romney and Bain, that these people will think back to the Batman movie, "Oh, yeah, I know who that is." (laughing) There are some people who think it'll work. Others think you're really underestimating the American people to think that will work.

Of course teh Dem's have certainly not been above comparing Bane and Bain...but since McCain thinks Palin was a better candidate for Veep than Romney, and has kindly released 200 pages of Romney's "WTF" moments is this just grasping for excuses??

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Looks like the old druggie has finally had too much oxycotton. Sounds the same must be the same.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Rush is so dumb. Bane is a bad guy from the comics, first appearing in 1993.

Bane is a fictional character who appears in comic books published by DC Comics. The character's origin was in Batman: Vengeance of Bane #1 (January 1993), and was created by Chuck Dixon, Doug Moench, and Graham Nolan. Bane has been one of Batman's more physically and intellectually powerful foes. He is best known for breaking Batman's back in the "Knightfall" story arc. IGN's list of the Top 100 Comic Book Villains of All Time ranked Bane as #34.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 17-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
My wife told me about this, I'm a huge comic book fan and own and read loads of comics, so I obviously know Bane has been a character since 1993. I laughed for a minute straight.

Then I just sat there and thought how I wish I had never heard about this because I could do without hearing anything about rush limbaugh for the rest of my life. That's right, I don't even capitalize his stupid name.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I don't have any idea how many voters, if any will be swayed by the use of "Bane" in the movie. What caught my eye were two statements in your OP.

In a new twistfrom the ol' idiot it is all an evil plot by Obama & the Dem's to discredit Romney

Of course teh Dem's have certainly not been above comparing Bane and Bain..
It sure looks like you're saying the Democrats have been comparing Bain and Bane, and that ol' idiot is bringing that fact to our attention. Limbaugh sees what the Democrat's are doing, as you admit, and reports on it, and you're criticizing Limbaugh?

You probably mean something other than what you wrote. Please explain it to me.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
One of the many, many reasons that I don't do drugs.

Tell your kids, tell your grandkids, and tell your great grandchildren that some substances are just plain dangerous.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Wow that is really out there. Yes Rush making fun of the general public is a great way to see your point of view.

This is the character that broke the bat.... He's a fictional badass.

Not a political tool.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Well...when a big part of the plot is the poor rising up against the wealthy and Batman beats them all back, I think Rush has it backwards.

It's probably going to turn out to be his favortie movie of the year...that goes for the rest of you conservatives as well.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Of course they're linked! The Dem's planned the Bane character back in 1993 when it was OBVIOUS that Romney was going to run for president in 2012! Clearly!

But don't forget, the next movie coming out will be even worse for Romney!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

I don't have any idea how many voters, if any will be swayed by the use of "Bane" in the movie. What caught my eye were two statements in your OP.

In a new twistfrom the ol' idiot it is all an evil plot by Obama & the Dem's to discredit Romney

Of course teh Dem's have certainly not been above comparing Bane and Bain..
It sure looks like you're saying the Democrats have been comparing Bain and Bane, and that ol' idiot is bringing that fact to our attention. Limbaugh sees what the Democrat's are doing, as you admit, and reports on it, and you're criticizing Limbaugh?

You probably mean something other than what you wrote. Please explain it to me.

I meant exactly hat I wrote, so yes, I will explain it to you rather than have you remain in ignorance.

The ol' idiot said it was a PLOT by the Dem's - so at least implying that they arranged for the Bane character to resemble Bain, and/or perhaps arranged the timing of the movie release, or some similar activites to ensure the comparison could be made.

the Dem's actually comparing the 2 need be nothing except co-inkydink - making het most of something that has fallen into their lap. There is no evidence that it is actually a PLOT by them other than right-wing paranoia.

I hope that helps you.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Dear Aloysius the Gaul,

Thanks for the explanation. May I ask for another? In the clip in the OP there is no indication that Limbaugh is calling it a plot, let alone an evil one. Where did that idea come from?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

There's a whole article at the link in the OP - part of it reads:

To Rush Limbaugh, it can't be a coincidence. The villain in the new Batman film, "The Dark Knight Rises," is named "Bane." The name of Mitt Romney's old private-equity firm? Bain Capital.

"Do you think that it is accidental that the name of the really vicious fire breathing four eyed whatever it is villain in this movie is named Bain [sic]?"

There is also a video clip there along the same lines.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Dear Aloysius the Gaul,

Thanks again for the explanation. I went to the transcript and the audio of his comments. I guess one sees in it what one wants to see. The only possible place where anyone could even imagine that he is calling it a plot was the question you posted:

"Do you think that it is accidental that the name of the really vicious fire breathing four eyed whatever it is villain in this movie is named Bain [sic]?"
You'll note that he also said:

So, anyway, this evil villain in the new Batman movie is named Bane. And there's now a discussion out there as to whether or not this is purposeful and whether or not it will influence voters.
He never does take a position on that question.

I can understand that you see him as accusing someone of an evil plot. I just see it a little differently. It just rests on our interpretations. If he had been a little more clear we might know, but as it is . . .

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Aloysius - it's rush limbaugh - you don't need to go into any depth to try and explain his level of stupidity, his name alone should suffice as an explanation of it. Claiming the villain in the latest Batman flick is an attack on Romney because he's named Bane isn't just dumb, it's rush limbaugh dumb.

In degrees of stupidity, there's "brain fart", then "Oxycontin-addled", then "rush limbaugh". His mere existence collectively lowers the United States IQ.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Its not even the candidates name amd it aint even spelled the same.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
His point cannot even be taken half seriously, considering a vast majority of the right have been screaming Hussein Obama for 4 years.

I guess it's ok to try and associate Obama with Saddam because they both hate America.
People actually listen to you, Rush. Either wise up or go eat some more percocet.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Obviously this plot was hatched by the same time-travelling cabal that fixed up O's birth certificate!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Meh it is limbaugh trying to fill airtime really. It wouldn't be a stretch to see a campaign trying to put the two together however, it would create a strong image. But there really is no conspiracy behind it. The fact is Romney worked at Bain and while Bane may be the villain in the latest Batman movie it is also a word of the English language used to denote someones weakness or the object of their downfall especially in fantasy literature. One should also note that Bane was also the character that retired Batman so it even fits in being used in this capacity.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
From what I've read, it's not Rush Limbaugh's idea to begin with according to this article...

www.bleedingcool.com...

Rush was just commenting on something he had read.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join