It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The difference a minuet can make

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This couple just caught in the wrong place at the wrong time , had they been a minuet earlier or a minuet later , they would still be alive.

some thing to contemplate, regarding out daily lives.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dwarfflex

A minuet, also spelled menuet, is a social dance of French origin for two people, usually in 3/4 time. The word was adapted from Italian minuetto and French menuet, and may have been from French menu meaning slender, small, referring to the very small steps, or from the early 17th-century popular group dances called branle à mener or amener. The term also describes the musical form which accompanied the dance, and subsequently developed more fully, often with a longer structure called the minuet and trio.

Linky

So are you saying that if they had done a Charleston or a Twist they may have been ok?

On a serious note...this was a terrible tragedy. My thoughts go out to the families.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelkhall

Dance while you can I think is the motto of this story.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

min·u·et/ˌminyo͞oˈet/ Noun: A slow, stately ballroom dance for two in triple time.

and

mi·nute/ˈminit/ Noun: A period of time equal to sixty seconds or a sixtieth of an hour. A summarized record of the proceedings at a meeting.

They danced their way out of a collapse?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I've thought the very same thing.

A guy got hit by a train right after leaving my office. My thought was "what if I had only talked to him for 30 seconds longer?" He would not have gotten hit.
Luckily he lived, with some injuries of course.
edit on 17-7-2012 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I normally don't believe in the supernatural, God or the Devil, that kind of stuff but sometimes it seems that no matter how prepared you may be if it is your time to go you will and if it's not, call it a miracle or just coincidence, you will somehow manage to hang around.

While working an accident, in 2009, I was struck by a vehicle traveling approximately 50 mph. I was flipped up and struck the windshield with my head and thrown through the air several feet and struck the pavement. I sustained multiple broken bones, died 3 times and revived and yet I survived even though the Dr. said I should have died from the initial impact.

I don't know why the people in the OP had to die and I was given a second chance. Before the religious get in here and talk about divine intervention I did not see my life flash before my eyes, never saw a tunnel and didn't speak to any angels or demons. I just think that life is what it is. Enjoy your family, friends and above all yourself because you never know what may happen in the next instant.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Now this is what i call a story, strange sequence of events , a reply to my post on a christian forum An antithetical case was like my wife - who hesitated for a second before pulling out into the intersection of Pleasant Run, and Polk Road in S. Dallas. A Car ran the red light at highway speed and removed the front clip of her Sable, but didn't even shake my wife up. If she'd pulled out immediately, he'd have T-Boned her, and it would have been a LOT worse for both of 'em.

BUT - in addition

It turns out that the guy ran the red light because he was close to Shock because of low blood sugar, and the accident stopped him (about 3 miles down the road - he'd left his Right front wheel and suspension in the intersection, and never even knew there'd been an impact). It got him medical help, without which he could have died.

And we got a new car out of the deal (I never liked that Sable).

new topics

top topics

join