It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldier reports 'glowing green orb' at Fort Sill Army post

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Here's the story:

A solider at the Fort Sill, OK, U.S. Army post reports an early morning sighting of a "dull-green, glowing orb that slowly descended" toward the ground level on July 17, 2012, according to testimony from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.

The witness and other soldiers were preparing for a brigade run when the object was first seen.

"I felt a strong urge to look at the sky for some reason, a feeling I usually do get before a UFO is nearby," the witness stated. "Soon in the direction I was looking I saw a dull, green orb that seemed to come from out of nowhere off in the distance. You had to have been looking in the exact direction it appeared or you'd have missed it."

The witness described the object's movement.

"It descended slowly, dulled out almost entirely, and then it swelled up and glowed the most brilliant green you could ever imagine, stopped a moment as it did, then it began to speed up and shoot downward with a glowing, golden-yellow flame with a reddish, orange outline with a tail, almost looking like a meteorite burning up."

The witness thought the object was peculiar.

"But the way it descended and then suddenly stopped was very peculiar. It was visible by many soldiers that were standing in a brigade formation and many of us agreed it indeed could be an extraterrestrial presence. It only lasted for 30 seconds and no sound was heard when it supposedly crash-landed and we thought nothing further of it."

The witness believes that the object landed on Fort Sill.

"It most definitely landed on Fort Sill, though in the area where artillery fire or field training usually takes place, however, there were no field training exercises or test fires going on at the time and we have no weapons that behave like that."

The reporting witness believes that there were many witnesses to the event.

"The exact number of witnesses is unknown, but I can confirm three other soldiers I know personally saw it, and I heard many other soldiers murmuring about it amongst several hundred, so I know a lot of other soldiers saw it."

I dont know to much more. Tell me what you think

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wushusigung

"I felt a strong urge to look at the sky for some reason, a feeling I usually do get before a UFO is nearby," the witness stated.

I wonder how many times he's seen ufo's

S&F

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Greetings OP, you forgot to add the article link: www.examiner.com...

I read the MUFON report at the bottom:

OK, July 17, 2012 - It was a dull-green glowing orb that slowly descended; it then brightened a bright green, and then bolted down burning with orange, red and golden flames with a tail and appeared to crash. MUFON Case 40877.

Me and some soldiers here at Fort Sill were getting ready to go on a brigade run. I felt a strong urge to look at the sky for some reason, a feeling I usually do get before a UFO is nearby. Soon in the direction I was looking I saw a dull green orb that seemed to come from out of nowhere off in the distance. You had to have been looking in the exact direction it appeared or youd have missed it. It descended slowly, dulled out almost entirely, then it swelled up and glowed the most brilliant green you could ever imagine, stopped a moment as it did, then it began to speed up and shoot downward with a glowing golden-yellow flame with a reddish orange outline with a tail, almost looking like a meteorite burning up. But the way it descended and then suddenly stopped was very peculiar. It was visible by many soldiers that were standing in a brigade formation and many of us agreed it indeed could be an extraterrestrial presence. It only lasted for 30 seconds and no sound was heard when it supposedly crash-landed and we thought nothing further of it. It most definitely landed on Fort Sill though in the area where artillery fire or field training usually takes place, however there were no field training excercises or test fires going on at the time and we have no weapons that behave like that. For those of you that wish to email me on the matter feel free to at [Email removed/cms/tg]. The exact number of witnesses is unknown but I can confirm three other soldiers I know personally saw it, and I heard many other soldiers murmuring about it amongst several hundred, so I know a lot of other soldiers saw it.

It's pretty interesting, and having at least 3 other soldiers see the same thing gives it even more credence. I wonder if it actually did crash or only appeared to.

Whatever that was seems to also have been spotted in the same state but nearly a month ago (mentioned in that article): mufoncms.com...

Too bad there's no picture or anything.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Well, let's see if my proven formula holds true yet again.
Someone make a liar out of me please!!

"There's ALWAYS one in EVERY controversial thread usually within the first few posts but ALWAYS on the first page. Everytime gauranteed".

Let this be the time I was wrong please.

Debunkers will debunk.
Terminal debunkers will ALWAYS debunk no matter WHAT!!
What there could be to debunk I havn't a clue but I'm sure we'll all find out soon enough.

Now, on the surface this story seems pretty compelling despite the lack of photos.
Being as how it is coming from PEOPLE in the Armed services.
I would be interested to learn if this man/men were reprimanded for reporting this.
It seems odd to me that this soldier is allowed to speak so freely on this subject being as how it was supposedly ON/IN the base.
edit on 17-7-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
What movie was it?...
Heavy Metal had the same thing in it.

edit on 17-7-2012 by PunchingBag80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

Thank you! i was actually about to add it myself

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Are you sure they were people?
What I really mean is, are you sure they (he) are in the army? MUFON doesn't do much in the way of vetting the sources of the reports.
edit on 7/17/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I'm at Ft. Sill and I havnt heard or seen anything about this. i guess i'll have to start looking up in the mornings. it probably happened around 6:30 this morning since thats when PT starts.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by romeo86

Very cool! i'd love to hear the latest news on the story!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I was an artillery man myself, that is what fort sill does. It was a "lume" illumination round from either a 105mm or 155mm howitzer,.

Mystery solved.

I literally loled when I read the report. No soldier at fort sill would mistake a lume round for a ufo, it was a lume round because it was over the impact area, early in the morning, it is dark, the 13 foxtrot needs illumination to designate targets and make adjustments to zero in on said target.

Illumination rounds, are timed fused, so it will burst at the exact altitude we want, so we can get max illum for the max time on the target. And guess what color they are? That's right green, it looks just like a little green glowing ball slowly desending to earth with a parachute, to keep it in the area as long as possible for the 13f.
edit on 17-7-2012 by inverslyproportional because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll

"I felt a strong urge to look at the sky for some reason, a feeling I usually do get before a UFO is nearby," the witness stated.

I wonder how many times he's seen ufo's

S&F

You totally beat me to it. That statement was kind of a deal breaker for me.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Intresting hypopisis

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Can we talk you into linking or posting examples?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Now, on the surface this story seems pretty compelling despite the lack of photos.
I would be interested to learn if this man/men were reprimanded for reporting this.
It seems odd to me that this soldier is allowed to speak so freely on this subject being as how it was supposedly ON/IN the base.

I was wondering the same. Are army units that see things like this not told to say no more on the subject to anyone and usually get stonewalled if they ask questions around the barracks?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional

I was an artillery man myself, that is what fort sill does. It was a "lume" illumination round from either a 105mm or 155mm howitzer,.

Mystery solved.

I thought the article said there were no firing exercises being conducted on the firing range at that time.

Also, isn't phosphorus characteristically white?

edit on 17-7-2012 by g2v12 because: grammer

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

they actually havnt been shooting today for some reason. they usually start around 9 am and stop around 4 pm. and have only shot artillary over night a couple times since ive been here. there are 3 artillary ranges and no shooting at any of them today so i doubt thats what it was

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
Well, let's see if my proven formula holds true yet again.
Someone make a liar out of me please!!

"There's ALWAYS one in EVERY controversial thread usually within the first few posts but ALWAYS on the first page. Everytime gauranteed".

Let this be the time I was wrong please.

Debunkers will debunk.
Terminal debunkers will ALWAYS debunk no matter WHAT!!
What there could be to debunk I havn't a clue but I'm sure we'll all find out soon enough.

#sarcasm
Of course, the most logical, sensible, and sane thing to do is send copies of the report to everyone you know, coworkers, boss, friends, family, and run naked through the streets with one's hair on fire letting everyone know that aliens have landed.

Most sensible and sane thing to do in the whole world.

Certainly, attempting to find an every-day, or at least rational explanation is the worst and most insane thing to do.

yup.
# /sarcasm

As one poster explained: Illumination rounds. Military base? Soldiers? Hmmm. It's a possibility.

edit on 17-7-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by romeo86

Well I will take your words at face value, your at fort sill your artillery you know the way this stuff works. Besides I know for a fact no artillery man that's worth his salt could possibly ever mistake a lme for a ufo.

So I retract my previous statement until sch a time as a pic or vid or better info is available.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Yeah, old arty guy myself here had to spend 3 months at Sill after basic because someone lost my security clearance paperwork. Sounds a bit like an illumination round, but they shoot them a hell of a lot around there; anyone whose been there for more than a couple of months should have seen them. I do kinda doubt there wasn't firing going on at Sill. It's the Army and Marines field artillery training center as well as home station for multiple Artillery brigades (or whatever they call them now), also the impact areas are huge you even see Army aviation and Airforce assets using the impact areas. There is almost always some type of training going down at Ft Sill.

Not enough evidence to really have an opinion though. Given the location of the sighting, I gotta say show me the video.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

if they were shooting them like whats in the video it could have been an illumination round. im not artillary so im not sure what it looks like and ive been here since january and havnt seen this yet. but i do know they havnt shot a howitzer today because i feel and hear it every time. i usually hear weird things being an MP and havnt heard about this.

<<   2 >>

join