It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto Protection Act

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Please pass this on to everyone you know. Monsanto is pushing to be deemed free of any responsibility from the GMO's they create. If you do not know about GMO, then please do the research. Basically they take strands of bacteria or viruses and introduce them into the plant DNA. This is very serious. Independent scientists have concluded that it kills butterflies, bees, and it could long term cause serious problems for human DNA. They have even launched a human GMO crop in Asia. This means they took human DNA and infused it into the crop. There is a fish and corn crop in the USA. People are getting sick from this food and there are no long term studies to show what it could do to humanity. This is like saying the oil companies do not have to clean up oil spills or the nuclear plants do not have to take responsibility for a leak. This is very serious. Please speak out and pass it on.

www.organicconsumers.org...

Monsanto has attached a rider to the U.S. House of Representatives' 2013 Agriculture Appropriations bill that would make it impossible for organic and non-GMO farmers and seed growers to defend themselves against GMO contamination.

The rider would allow new genetically engineered crops to be planted even when courts rule that the US Department of Agriculture has approved them illegally, resulting in, as the courts have described it, "the potential elimination of a farmer's choice to grow non-genetically engineered crops, or a consumer's choice to eat non-genetically engineered food."

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by professormason

Don't worry I already have a thread on the subject.

And welcome to ATS.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also we have an active thread that talks about the issue here also.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Hello and welcome

I'm finding it hard to boycott everything they sell. There are good lists about but man, the products are everywhere.
A few years ago, I switched to flouride free toothpaste - to find out that Johnson & Johnson owned it. Not to mention those Proctor and Gamble 'time of the month' things for women ... grrr.
The best thing I've done is to buy non-branded goods.

join